toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    James Bester is offline Screaming for Vengeance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Sword Art Online - "World of Swords" [7/27]

Like This Thread!
    Since I randomly noticed that a talkback has not been posted for Toonami's newest acquisition, here it is in all its glory:

Sypnosis (via Wikipedia): In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.

So far, the reaction to this show being added to the block has been unanimously negative. I, myself, have never watched it, so I'm interested in seeing whether or not these criticisms are warranted. Will this show exceed expectations and end up changing our lives forever? Find out tonight at 2AM on Toonami!
    "I demand nothing, but I want it all. What privilege do we have, under the sun, that gives us the right to the throne?"

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is this a Funimation show? I am a Funimation subscriber, so I probably watch this whole series legally online, and not have to stay up till 2 am to watch. I don't know if it is worth it to stay up that late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Is this a Funimation show? I am a Funimation subscriber, so I probably watch this whole series legally online, and not have to stay up till 2 am to watch. I don't know if it is worth it to stay up that late.
    No, it's an Aniplex of America title. The entirety of the series is streaming subbed on Crunchyroll and Hulu.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have also heard really bad things about this show, but I'll watch it. I'll watch almost any anime, and I really enjoyed Accel World, which is from the same author.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bad things or not, I'm really excited for this show. It looks like a fun enough show, and I doubt any of these "problems" people have with it will bother me.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

v1cious is offline Haters gonna hate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    I have also heard really bad things about this show, but I'll watch it. I'll watch almost any anime, and I really enjoyed Accel World, which is from the same author.
    The first half is pretty good (aside from the fillers), it's after that when the show goes downhill.
    "With feelings of gratitude for all that is good in this world, I put down my pen. Well, I'll be leaving now." R.I.P Satoshi Kon 1963-2010

Kitschensyngk is online now wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still partial to .hack//SIGN when it comes to the kid-trapped-in-a-video-game genre. At least that show had a great cast, excellent art design and some interesting points about escapism and online social interaction.

Still, I've only seen one episode, and despite the prevailing sentiment on these forums, I shall reserve judgement.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Gatomon41 is offline Digital Cat Rabbit Thing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm more annoyed off by the premise - nobody thought that jacking into a new RPG through a neural interface was a bad idea?

I'll check it out, if only to see whats up with it.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” - Salvor Hardin, Asimov's Foundation.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's the premier night and I still have little to no exposure to the series. I've heard the general consensus, but I'll go ahead and watch it for myself and see what I think.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It is coming.

Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast