toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    mob don chris is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

will any gundam show appear on the new toonami uncut?

Like This Thread!
    my only question is are they going to show old unaired shows like after war gundam x or v gundam or are they going to show like newer shows mobile suit gundam unicorn or gundam 00 and its sequel movie awakening of the trailblazer all together?

bla2772 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no one knows, but most likely no , unless funimation or viz picks up the shows .
    Toonami is here to stay- stay gold beautiful friends

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only Gundam currently licensed in America is Unicorn, which is an ongoing OAV series. They'd probably want to wait until after its finished before trying to air it.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'll definitely watch it when it airs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    man i want my gundam fix toonami!!

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It'll probably be 00 that makes it out first when a deal is finally reached for a new distributor for Gundam in the US (assuming its a Toonami friendly company like Funi and not Sentai).

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I agree, 00 is the best candidate at the moment. Its subject matter, general quality and modern animation made it an excellent fit for Ani-Monday and it'd be amazing for Toonami 2.0 (I might add that Gurren Lagann, it's one-time Ani-Monday counterpart, would also be awesome. Those two together were serious contenders for the best hour of anime on U.S. television ever). The spectacle that is Awakening of the Trailblazer would make for the best movie night in years. So far as recent or established alternatives go Seed didn't do so well before, Wing now looks considerably older than everything else that's been on Saturday nights in recent memory, AGE skews too young and has no localization and could not conceivably be ready for TV for some time even if it were picked up tomorrow. The problem with Unicorn is that, as fantastic as it is, it's unfortunately an awkward fit. Each episode is very long, episodes 1-6 would easily fill 90 minutes on the schedule after commercials. Episode 7 would occupy even more, given its confirmed 90 minute running time. That's a rough tradeoff. And after seven weeks Toonami's back in reruns, it's the FLCL problem.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gundam 00 in a way is an updated Wing with more of a contemporary look at the Gundams. Gundam 00 basically depicts our world becoming a Gundam world and it does so very well. It's grounded and the emotions run strong without being overtly sappy like the SEEDs. Gundam 00 also has some of the best mecha battles I have ever seen. Gundam 00 is probably the best choice for a Gundam series to run on modern Toonami, basically.

Gundam AGE seems to be something Sunrise wants to forget about considering they cut AGE short four episodes and seem to not be making any sort of international push with it. I would not be surprised if AGE winds up becoming another Gundam X.

I would not rule out Turn A Gundam. The Toonami staff has said multiple times on the tumblr that they're fond of Turn A, and Turn A is newer than Bebop and despite its age it had a big budget and it animates well. Turn A needs a licensor and a dub but if Toonami reached to Sunrise asking for an English version there's no doubt in my mind that Sunrise would fund one.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I imagine if Unicorn airs on Toonami it would be a monthlong event presented like movies (episodes 1 and 2, then 3 and 4, then 5 and 6, then 7).

Turn A's the one I'm personally most curious about seeing air.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That would depend on what Sunrise wants to do with them. Back in the old days, they could just easily dump the responsibility on Bandai, but it's going to be a bit more complicated now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast