toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - The Venture Bros. - "The Devil's Grip" [7/21]

Like This Thread!
    The season five finale airs tonight at midnight. The next season will air either late-2014 or early-2015. So, be prepared for another long break.

Broadcast Order: Season 5, Episode 7
    Production Order: Season 5, Episode

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jesus its like the damn thing just started. AS knows how to keep us hankering for this show.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This season is too short, and the breaks between new episodes are too long!!!

Hank gets Tangiers, but Dean gets BOCA RATON?!

Oh, okay, I thought he was like their dog or something.

Yeah, just pee over my grave, It'll soak down here eventually.

Oh, he lived.

Hello, Ming the Merciless and Queen Amidala.

Oh, the bells! The bells!

A retirement home with a desperate horny old guy is the last place I'd want to be raised.
    No wait, that would be with a drunken remorseful old guy in the middle of Africa.

HATRED'S WEARING A BRA!! STOP MAKING ME THINK ABOUT HIS BOOBS!

The Monarch's BORED now?

Billy's mother?

Nice one, "Vatred".

Looks like Gar--21's back.

And now Hank knows. And he's cool with it.

Nice ending. Slightly gross, but nice.
    Last edited by Kitschensyngk; 07-22-2013 at 12:29 AM.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So they're saving that baby pic plot point for 2014.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This really wasn't the direction I was expecting the show to take. Then again it's not like I really expected them to kill off Rusty like that but I thought he would of been more severely injured or out of commission for a lot longer (maybe even to the next season) and we wouldn't really be getting a repeat of The Monarch failing to torture Venture. I guess that is sort of a running gag in their relationship that even when he has Venture he never gets to keep him or even if he can really mess with him he just doesn't feel up to it and thus just leaves or lets him go away. I guess the spin was here that either the Monarch is really bad at these tortures or Doc is just so used to this sort of thing he isn't phased by it which at least led to some good gags ("why did you blindfold him when I'm this get up?", the bell torture not working and still trying to save face with Mrs. The Monarch by claiming he broke Venture's spirit and being psyched about that) Still not nearly as interesting as I thought they were going to go with this, though at least the other plots were better. I liked Hank and the Action Man getting along and Hank actually helping the guy get his new girlfriend (feels kind of weak though they wrote off both Mrs Action Man and Dr. Entmann. Eh, maybe Stephen DeStefano didn't want to voice him anymore but felt like they could of done more with his character especially since we're getting an Ant Man movie but eh guess he wasn't terribly essential) who turns out to be Billy Quizboy's mother and the ending with Billy failing to tell his mom that Pete wasn't gay was good. And I also enjoyed seeing Dean spending time with Colonel Gentleman and getting him to open up on how he should of moved away from this country and not married a man 3 times younger then him (BTW "Yes sir I promise I won't be involved with someone whose six years old" is one of the show's best lines now actually) ages actually. Actually makes sense with even what limited screentime we've gotten of him that Colonel Gentleman's been in a troubled relationship and considering he went through a near death experience it'd make sense he'd want to do something else with his life. Oddly enough though I think I liked the Hatred/21 plot best. I do feel sort of sad that after all the development and progression we've gotten with Gary (BTW only now the Monarch realizing what 21's name is makes for another great gag) that he's gone back to being a henchmen with the Monarch but... really the show has shown he doesn't really have anywhere else to go and really living in the Venture's compound isn't exactly that good a fit for him. Still I liked how the two were able to get along with Hatred pointing out where his loyalities lies and actually growing to like 21 until he thought he was betrayed and then wrecking the cocoon, and 21 finally pointing out that the Moppets killed 24 and getting the other henchmen to turn on them. Is this the end of Tim Tom and Kevin? .... I don't know but it'd be a fitting end for them at least but hey hard to tell when this series actually kills someone off or even if that death will stay a death. Still not one of the best of the season as there were some slow or not too funny moments though the ending with Hank realizing he's a clone and not caring and Dean getting out of his funk (well I don't know if this will get him out as seems like every other episode something does and he's still out of it this season) raises it up a few bars. Does make me really hope that season 5.2 or 6 or whatever the next run is really isn't like a year and a half away as just felt like we were getting some new venture the other day and that there's so many more stories to tell.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Beefy is offline It only hurts forever.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm curious to know if Gary really believes The Moppets killed 24, or if he just made that up to rally the other henchmen against them.

The Moppets were always my #1 suspects and they were even on Gary's "Who done it?" list, but we never saw Gary interrogate them. Later The Moppets where checked off the list, but we never saw if it was Gary or the Moppets themselves who checked their name off the list.

So The Monarch finally moves out of Malice, but I suspect we'll be seeing The Cocoon again since it's been rebuilt many times before.
    ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.