toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - The Venture Bros. - "Bot Seeks Bot" [7/14]

Like This Thread!
    A new episode airs tonight at midnight.

Broadcast Order: Season 5, Episode 7
    Production Order: Season 5, Episode

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So long Councilman Four.

Kevin Conroy's back!

Hello, NOT DAVID BOWIE.

I didn't know Dr. Z was on the Council. And that paramecium guy from last season.

I'm hearing the theme from The Munsters.

Dick Dastardly and Muttley from Wacky Races. I've seen that show.

Reminds me of Speed Grapher all of a sudden. Hope there isn't a provovatively-dressed brainwashed teenage girl down there.

Because then they'd have to spell it "chipes".

Hey Brick Frog.

I smell a fight.

Never could stay out of trouble, could ya Rusty?

Aw crap. Monarch.

Monarch just saved Doc. That's a new one on me.
    Or not.

SEASON FINALE?! BOO!!! I WANT MORE!!
    Last edited by Kitschensyngk; 07-15-2013 at 12:28 AM.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha, that ending.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I do kind of wish that the trailers for this episode didn't give away the fact that Doctor Venture being kidnapped was a plot point by the head of the club. I also wanted to see more of the actual Guild of 13 members. I mean it's good to get official conformation that yeah Dr. Z is one and that the robotic sounding one was a Venture Senior built cyborg that wound up going on the side of the villains, but I would of liked to see some more from them. (like hey isn't one of the council members the former arch of Professor Impossible? how did he get so far into the guild and why was he saying he'd just tattle on the guild if he is so high up? Maybe that was someone else as again this show's continuity seems usually too tight for that kind of slip up but just something I wanted to note). Still I think this was a very solid ep. Of all the characters on the show never thought we'd get some focus on Ghost Robot of all people but I do like how he was so gung ho about helping OSI out but wind up just being a boring date for Venturo. As well as the good bits we did get from the Guild such as Red Mantle having a history with Clue clown or Dragoon thinking that the races the guys used to be in were Wacky Races and saying he wanted a dog (Or maybe it was Red Mantle who said that and Dragoon who had a history with Clue Clown. I'm still not exaclt sure who is who of those two sadly enough. Haven't seen enough of them to tell the difference even though there is an obvious one so it isn't a Tim Tom/Kevin thing) as well as the Council members going behind The Soverign's back to have a party, and taking bets on if Venturo is going to go all the way with Ghost Robot under disguise or Brock's disgusie having his way with him. And some good bits from the actual guild team as well like the scientifc officer not wanting to look at classified files, Headshot finally calling Shore Leave out by saying people are getting sick of his sassy gay act, or the various costume bits Brock accumulated and Venture thinking Brock was going to some costume party and tagging along only to get kidnapped and for the Monarch to show up and claim dibs on him (part of me thinks that part was kind of the weakest of the episode but it wasn't too bad). The ending was good though with Mrs. Monarch getting offered a council role and yeah the supposed crushing death of Rusty. Really doubt he's dead but looks like that's the focus of the next episode and that's good. I just hope that it's not a plot point carried into season 5 part 2 or season 6 or whatever they're calling the next batch of episodes after the next one which I hope arrive sooner or later for the series.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ok, that ending came out of nowhere

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan View Post
    ok, that ending came out of nowhere
    You didn't see Shore Leave cutting the rope earlier?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only one more episode left? Dang, it's so long between seasons and, when we finally get one, it flies by.

This was a fun episode. Didn't expect Rusty getting squashed. Where was Billy when it happened? I also chuckled at the Yeti Mummy because I think it was a nod to the Yeti, one of WCW's weirdest ideas: I Love the Yeti: THE YETI, A WRESTLER?!

BTW, does this season give anyone else the feeling that this series is winding down? Dermott found out Rusty is his dad. The OSI is finally trying to take down the Guild. Hank and Dean are growing up. Gary is becoming part of the Venture clan (I'm convinced he's going to eventually end up as the bodyguard). It feels like the creators have a finish line in mind.