Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Venture Bros. - "O.S.I. Love You" [6/30]

Like This Thread!
    A new episode airs tonight at midnight.

Broadcast Order: Season 5, Episode 5
    Production Order: Season 5, Episode 7

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I smell prom night loose end tying!

Here come the Men in Black.

Oh, greatm if it's not Hatred's boobs, it's Hank's strength suit. Thanks, Jackson and Doc.

Who even remembers the Goodwill Games?

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Molotov was hot.

Haha @ the fanboy cast for the movie.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't see Gary...

Monstroso is willing to talk.

She shouldn't have left while the Nozzle was calibrating.

Dean?!

Eddie Izzard as the Monarch? I'm sold.

"Golden lady fly away boom boom."
    Yeah, that certainly sounds like something that came out of their ass.

Is the Alchemist staying in Triana's old room?

Is that a hobo pushing a guy dressed as a dog in a grocery cart?

Guess Molotov's single again.

Hank will not look directly at the Nozzle.

First he's the Bat, and now he's Destiny.

Thank's Hank. You gave her a new toy.

DAMN BROCK.

So...Molotov's...a good guy now?

Twist, anyone?

Paget Brewster? Elise from Dan Vs.? Cool. Makes up for the lack of Gary.
    Last edited by Kitschensyngk; 07-01-2013 at 12:29 AM.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Hmmm, thinking about it, I guess this episode confirms who may very well be the actual most dangerous and threatening villains in the Venture Brothers universe: The Investors. I thought that would of been David Bowie (even though when he was thought to be leader of the Guild he didn't seem like that bad a guy) but then it turns out he's not even David Bowie and just some guy with shape shifting powers. I wonder when Brock realized the two weren't one in the same since in the season 2 finale he thought that was David Bowie but with shape shifting I'd buy that and hey at least they do point out that it is the council of 13 that calls the shots mostly for the guild. Though we know two of the members of that, and I think that one of the other members is Dr. Z but guess the characters here wouldn't know that. Still those figures aren't as much of a danger apparently as that trio of supposed vampire use to be creepy mutes. Yeah didn't really give a second though to them when they appeared in "Silent Partners" since well all we knew about them is they had weird ghost like powers and had connections to Monstro but seemed more subservient then actually in charge. But again we didn't know anything about them besides their phasing powers and really just because you have powers in the VB world doesn't make you automatically superior. Still now they actually have if not depth, at least more meance to them. With them not only supposedly disposing of Monstro (I mean in the VB universe I guess you could make a weird argument for him somehow managing to survive but I'm going to say he's dead for now) but actually fooling the entire O.S.I by being disguised/pulling double duty as Mr. Government official higher ups with personalities and quirks you wouldn't of really connected as the Investors until well.. the ending confirmed it. So not only do these guys have powers that can't really be stopped by normal means but they also are crafty enough to find ways of protecting themselves when someone spills on them and are in a high enough position to have rank over O.S.I. This one also confirms what I had hoped as well with Gathers being more proactive actually wanting to stop the Guild by trying to gather information on it as well as the end by hiring Moltov in order to ensure O.S.I had a secret ace in the hole no one knew about. I mean yeah I figured when Brock threw that suit no way was she dead, but didn't know it was under Gathers orders. Which is good actually since it shows he is pretty much over her continuing the continuity from the 4th season finale and it will be interesting with the two of them now really on the same side. I also like the small character bits with the boys here: Dean still being bitter about being a clone and trying to free those he felt were in similiar bad situations and being used, and Hank gushing over his super suit yet having his heart in the right place like saving Sgt Hatred and saying he's family. That's one of thew few real "awww" moments VB has ever had and it felt well earned even if Hank was defeated pretty easily after that (to be fair he could of put up at least some sort of fight with Moltov who obviously just had more expierence over Hank). I even like how the story played out with it being a collection of stories from all the characters written by the "Mr Government Officials." Yeah sometimes it felt they were trying to be a bit too clever tying them altogether and it's a bit confusing at first but it flattens out well enough by the second act to follow along well enough. Again for those paying attention at least but hey at this point you either are a fan who pays attention or you don't watch the show.

But yeah really solid ep. Good pace and character moments and as usual a good collection of jokes. Highlights this time around being Shore Leave's couply name for Moltov and Monstro (actually everying Shore Leave does here is pretty funny such as describing him getting off on Al stripping for him or the little cat fight he had with Moltov), Gathers being annoyed Hatred would want to try getting rid of his breasts, "You were in the super solider program? I don't believe that" "Hey I don't scoff and laugh everytime you call yourself a super scientist", Brock trying to describe Moltov's chasity belt, the couple of O.S.I agents that got distracted when the guy found out his woman wasn't a natural blond (who is that a refrence to? Part of me wanted to say the Bionic Man, but isn't the Bionic man in this universe married to Sasquatch, and look different? So that's another couple right?) the Brendon Small scientist saying he knew Rusty since he worked with Sphinx in his backyard a few times, the future pair crapping out what is going to happen, Hank crushing the Nozzle, one of the Mr. Agents being in disbelieve at Brock's luck of surviving falling out of a plane and fighting with Moltov and the ending stinger. So yeah solidly good episode though it does give us questions even if we do get some answers but hey what it does make you want to know it makes it feel like it will play a big and interesting role in the show even more then before which is good and makes you look forward to the answers even more which I guess is even better.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I feel like I was promised more Nozzle than I was given, but other than that, this was really solid. Doc and Jackson know how to weave a plot.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

Neo Yi is online now Looking Good, Link!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oooh! Ending plot twist! I didn't see that coming, that was brilliant!
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Do you want to be Remembered? I review The Book of Life.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm glad that this time, Brock was actually willing to go through with it