Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - The Venture Bros. - "Spanakopita" [6/23]

Like This Thread!
    A new episode airs tonight at midnight.

Broadcast Order: Season 5, Episode 4
    Production Order: Season 5, Episode 3

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Today's secret word is SPANAKOPITA!!
    For the rest of the day, whenever anyone says the secret word, SCREAM REAL LOUD!

I'm surprised the OSI lead Dean keep the Countess suit.

Is that the annoying stop-motion owl from the original Clash of the Titans?

Jeez, Hatred, would you do something about those manboobs? They look more and more like REAL boobs!!

Everyone on this island must REALLY love spinach pie.

White looks like a contessa in that suit.

Was Sgt. Hatred just groped?

Old friends of yours, Brock?

Dedicated to the memory of Ray Harryhausen.

Clash of the Titans
    , Raiders of the Lost Ark, Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, David Cronenberg's The Fly...is there anything Augustus St. Cloud won't reference?
    Last edited by Kitschensyngk; 06-24-2013 at 12:23 AM.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    Is that the annoying stop-motion owl from the original Clash of the Titans?
    Knowing Doc and Jackson, it's intended to be the very one.

EDIT: And it paid off beautifully.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Awww...

The sun-resistant look out for each other.

So that's how Giorgios lost his eye.

Σπανακοπιτα!

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

shany94a is offline Malfunctioning Unit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Surprised at the lack of comments about this season, but I'm really enjoying it so far. This ep was no exception. Looking forward to - whatever happens next week
    Okey-dokey!

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I think the most major thing that bothered me about this series is really a rather odd nitpick I have with the timeline. So apparently if Doc was a kid when he was kidnapped the first time in 1968 and has been returning every year since then that makes him like... way over 50 when he's suppose to be in his mid 40's. Though honestly that's a problem the show is always going to have due to how it set itself in a specific time and can't just veer from that. I mean veering from that would be the worse mistake (the simpsons did that with crud like "The 90's Show" that tried updating more of when Homer and Marge were young and in love much to that show's chargin) and glad it's not doing that but I don't know it bothers me since they actually said the date. Still the rest of this was really solid. I like the idea of this being Rusty's vacation spot due to remembering the good times of when the natives actaully felt sorry for him and made up a holiday in his honor (with him not knowing any better) as well as seeing a full episode with Augustus St. Cloud as a villian. Heh makes the guy look really jerky to talk about Harryhousen since the special effects master just recently died but hey he's a tool who just tries to buy anything anyway and it's clear he's not going to be a villian we're suppose to like at all like say the Monarch. Plus I like the little touches in this one like Hank still having the countess armor or Billy and White getting saved by Augustus's albino due to the albino code (never thought they'd actually make White being an albino the focus of anything even if a relativley minor subplot) or Hatred trying to snoop around and see what's up and actually displaying some competence as a bodyguard. Probably the best comedic bits were Hatred still not knowing the nature of Jonas Venture Sr, St. Cloud trying to obviously buy his way through every event and yelling parkour at his albino, one of the Sapanishcopla guys making fun of Hatred for his breasts "yo ucan just walk home" "joke's on you genius. You bet the X-1 so you're wlaking home too!", Augusts as claymated monster, the flashback of the original team venture fighting Enron,and the end with the Spanischola guys finally getting one over on Jonas Venture even if it was after his life time. Probably not as solid as the alst few but still really good and nothing really worth complaining about with this one, sans time problems we're going to have anyway whenever the show brings up when it's past took place.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As soon as I saw the owl in the window I knew someone was gonna make a Bubo reference.

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pete White in his sun protection gear seems like a shout out to Marlon Brando in The Island of Dr. Moreau.

Billy: "At least at Planet Hollywood the public gets to see it"! So true.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this episode was uncharacteristically adorable for this show