toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    So there were only two matches in the manga?
    Three actually. In the anime, there will be 6. In other words...

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nope, three. The last match is something you'd expect to happen, and comprises episodes 217-219 of the anime, which we will be getting to after the next four weeks of filler matches.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    Three actually. In the anime, there will be 6. In other words...
    Ack. More pain

Well, maybe they'll do something for the next game, like Magic the Gathering.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:
    Nope. Three.

The first match was between Nami, Usopp and Robin and Porsche's Team (and no one else!)

The second match was as we just saw it.

And the last was between Luffy and Foxy, which we'll get to after the four episodes of filler.

Trust me, this all made a lot more sense in the manga.

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    Ack. More pain
    Jeez, I get fillers in general aren't always given good responses (and believe me, I'm on the same boat), but this is ridiculous. You guys act like you're going to get the hives or something.

Shift is offline Brave Warrior of the Sea
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep. Remember when I said there was a reason for Foxy using a net on Shelly instead of a bullet besides censorship? As odd as it sounds, it was to make the claim that he "owned" the captured horse, and so technically needed to be won back fair and square. Why Luffy couldn't have used a net of his own to steal her back, I don't know, but there you go.

Not convoluted enough for ya? Oh, just wait, you're in for a tangled ball of fun. On to more games!

Storyboard Artist for The Sonic Fan Film

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Lot of good gems in this one

*Sanji & Zorro getting down to business and winning the game, thanks to a Nami assist
    *Nami getting shamed for suggesting Luffy taking Foxy
    *Looks like reading thru this topic, Luffy's decision for the horse was filler eh? Makes since I think under 'normal' circumstances he'd take Chopper back.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a pretty good episode. It was nice to see Zoro and Sanji actually working together in order to win the game. The ref not only getting knocked out, but Nami tricking him again at the end was great. I thought that the whole scene of choosing another member went on way too long. Nami's plan did make sense in a way, but having the captain as a part of their crew wouldn't be worth it. I totally forgot about the horse. It makes sense that Luffy would choose the horse to help the old man, but I felt so bad for Chopper. He wanted to go back so badly and just seeing him crying made me feel sad for him. I guess I can see why they'd keep him there to create more suspense regarding if they'd be able to get him back. As far as filler episodes, I don't really have a problem with them. Filler episodes can be fun. Overall, it was a pretty good episode. I hope that next week's episode will be fun to watch as well.

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    Jeez, I get fillers in general aren't always given good responses (and believe me, I'm on the same boat), but this is ridiculous. You guys act like you're going to get the hives or something.
    It means three more games with an annoying annoucer and a Captian whose face seems to exist to offend existance.

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatomon41 View Post
    Unfortunately, having the bad guys as so in your face cheaters just seems to lessen the experience. From a storytelling perspective, one might as well telegraph that they're trying to create an exaggerated threat. There's no surprise, no art - one can tell that the good guys are going to win because the bad guys so cheap.
    Eh, one thing to know about this arc is that its ALL breather. By this point in the series, the strawhats have faced FAR more serious threats than Foxy and his crew. The villains are not really supposed to be all that threatening as the entire crew is supposed to be comic relief... and that's where the painfully obvious cheating comes in; it's all part of the joke. Its a short breather between the much more epic skypiea and Water 7 arcs (though the anime extends it into a bit of a long breather with filler material and short filler arcs).
    Last edited by Monte; 06-26-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3