toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Can Futurama return to Adult Swim?

Like This Thread!
    The final season of Futurama is airing on Comedy Central. Sometime after that season ends, can the show conceivably return to Adult Swim, or will there be some contractual problems with that?

I remember reading in this earlier thread that Adult Swim can't air The Simpsons until the show is cancelled. Does the same hold true for Futurama?

Eggy is offline DA EGGY
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Let's not repeat that thing from 10 years ago. Futurama had its run.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I am unsure of is whether or not the produced for Comedy Central episodes would be allowed to air on Adult Swim, if they did get the rights to air the show again. Would Comedy Central retain the rights to those specific episodes, or would those rights revert to 20th Century Fox?

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
    What I am unsure of is whether or not the produced for Comedy Central episodes would be allowed to air on Adult Swim, if they did get the rights to air the show again. Would Comedy Central retain the rights to those specific episodes, or would those rights revert to 20th Century Fox?
    The latter seems like. And yeah, I too would love Futurama to return to [adult swim].

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind seeing it on [as] again. I honestly haven't been keeping up with it since it left [as], so it would give me some reason to finally watch the Comedy Central episodes.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Futurama did return, I think it would be perfect as a lead-in for Toonami. It would likely perform better than Boondocks currently does, and there's more of a crossover audience between Futurama and Toonami. Fittingly enough, Futurama used to to lead Toonami out for Adult Swim on Saturdays back when it was last airing there.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Meh, King of the Hill has already filled the void on AS, and CC still needs more than just South Park.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If it ever does return, you can forget about any more new episodes. AS didn't have the budget then and it doesn't now.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The DARK TV VAULT has been opened again and this time we take an exciting, exotic trip to OTHERWORLD! It's good food!

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    If it ever does return, you can forget about any more new episodes. AS didn't have the budget then and it doesn't now.
    Yet CC barely had the budget.

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would have to say "No" as well, because Adult Swim pretty much got the rights to air it in the first place because no one else was interested in it, since they were in their "dumping ground for failed prime-time animated sitcoms" phase at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast