toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C The Venture Bros. - "What Color is Your Cleansuit?" [6/2]

Like This Thread!
    Well, its finally back. After a three year hiatus(with some specials to tide us over), The Venture Bros. returns to TV. We're up to season 5 and tonight is the hour-long premiere at midnight. Watch and laugh.

Broadcast Order: Season 5, Episode 1
    Production Order: Season 5, Episode 9

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    FINALLY! The show is back!

It's hard to believe that the last season finale was in 2010.

Also, for those of you playing catch-up, here's a recap of the first four seasons in 8 minutes.

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, when we last left the Ventures (before those two specials):

Dermott is Hank and Dean's half-brother,

Brock and Molotov are no longer a thing,

neither are Dean and Triana (not that they ever were, of course),

Henchman 21 is no longer called Henchman 21,

and Col. Gathers is now the new head of OSI.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No posts? What the blurg? That was incredible.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: THE SWEATBOX: Disney's forbidden documentary exposed! Everything you can possibly know about the lost kingdom of the sun!

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    No posts? What the blurg? That was incredible.
    It only just finished airing on the East Coast, and the West Coast still has a couple of hours to wait.

Be patient, k?

Neo Ultra Mike is online now Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Okay here's an odd thing but did anyone think that the one student who was king of the mutant four arms for awhile sounded a lot like Dante Brisco? I mean he was voiced by Aziz Ansari (and a lot better job he did here then in say Epic) but it sounded a lot like Dante. Then again I think Dante and Aziz on some roles sound the same so yeah maybe that's me more noticing that then anything conclusive about the episode which yeah was really good. Not much to say besides I really like how it was a pick up right from "Operation Prom" and still had ties to the Halloween special. The fact that Billy actually does have his own arch nemesis (who I think was last really seen in "The Invisible Hand Of Fate" though was I think introduced in "Tag Sale You're It" but this one gives us his personality), Dean actually winning the king challenge and being fine with the global takeover since he got to make out with a girl, 21 actually becoming Sphinx Commander and living on the compund instead of going with everyone else there on OSI (also glad that's not an excuse just to have him back with the Monarch), and Doc's mutant team actually completing the shielding in time. Really the only thing lacking here were too many obvious Soylvent Green references and I think I would of liked Doc to at least try being a little bit more competent but otherwise yeah really stellar premiere ep and hope the rest of the eps are of this quality. Doubt the rest will be an hour long but after so long since a regular episode it felt right especially having watched P.R.O.M again recently.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

shany94a is offline Malfunctioning Unit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad the show is finally back - and it was hilarious. The "Rocky" scenario with the Monarch really cracked me up. Doc Venture hasn't changed, although I do hope this new girl won't be written out of the series after just one showing. Hopefully she sticks with Dean, and one day runs into Triana ... Sgt Hatred should have had reduction surgery by then.
    Okey-dokey!

Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Rusty sure is a piece of work. Only he could take what seemed like a simple enough super-scientist gig and let it turn into Doomsday. It's always great when the show is back on the air.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was an amazing comeback for the show and it felt like we've never left. If anything, the series felt even stronger in the opener than it had previously been with that amazing previous season finale. I love how we actually get progress and development with the characters. Hank and Dean are growing as individuals and #21/Gary is becoming his own person moreso than he was last season. I can't wait to see what they come up with for the rest of the season and will look forward to every Sunday for the next few weeks.

Also, I don't even watch it, but I loved the Game of THrones jokes. I know enough about the show for it to make me laugh, but also the fact that it was riding off that specific episode made it even funnier.
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Neo Yi is offline Uhhhhhh...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Oh my God, Venture Bros, how did you ever manage to top yourself with all your wacky hi-jinxes? By creating dozens of mutant students who later form their own society, apparently. Great job Rusty, way to not care at all.

It was a fun opener. I love how Hank and Dean are growing up and becoming their own person moreso. I love 21 is trying to move on and of course, I do so love The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend (Or Mrs. The Monarch.) Their romance has always been one of the funniest, but compelling aspects of the series. Man, I missed this show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast