Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    creativitc Guest

What's the one Toonami show they should bring back?

Like This Thread!
    I have two that'd I'd really be happy up see return.

Johnny Quest
    Samurai Jack

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Johnny Quest and Samurai Jack are not possible at the moment since they air on Boomerang and CN does not want kids seeing those shows there and then stay up to watch them on Adult Swim too. Johnny Quest may also have aged too much for Toonami, they mentioned they don't want shows before 2000. Cowboy Bebop is the only exception to this since the animation holds up and they also really like it. It's also from 1998, while Johnny Quest is even older than that. Samurai Jack is a good possibility if it ever leaves Boomerang though.

Cardcaptor Sakura is probably out of the question. I don't see that happening. The age is already a problem. It's also long and probably not worth the money. Also getting a properly uncut dub on seems too unlikely at this point.

After the succesfully revived IGPX, I've been getting my hopes up for them doing the same with Megas XLR. It would be free to air and good to throw in somewhere in the middle of the block once Titan, Thundercats and IGPX have ran a few times for variety.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Megas XLR and The Big O (both seasons) would be nice. Outlaw Star and any Gundam besides SD Gundam Force would also be nice at some point. Yu Yu Hakusho uncut in HD would be rad.

I'd like Megas most of all but since they have half of Big O getting the other half back should be a priority when it's possible.

One Piece was the show from Toonami's long history I most wanted to see return but more so because it had hundreds of un-aired episodes to run.

Now I'd like to see them focus on looking forward instead of digging up more of their past but if for no other reason to cycle in something else in the 3AM-6AM timeframe, any of the above would be swell.

For the latest Toonami news and programming discussion, listen to the weekly Toonami Faithful Podcast

Check out an exclusive interview with Boondocks and Black Dynamite director LeSean Thomas

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I had to pick one longer (50+ ep) show to air, it would be Yu Yu Hakusho, no doubt. Toonami never got to finish that show, so it would be great to see them get it back and finish it.

If we're just talking about a 26 episode series, it would be Outlaw Star no doubt. I freakin LOVE that show almost more than life itself. I would even stay up until 6 AM just to watch it.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The one I would like to see brought back would be Gundam 08th MS Team since I remembered that show so vaguely being on the Midnight Run that only a couple of scenes pop into my head. And it could even work if it was just a 1 or 2-night special where either air all 12 episodes in one night (at least that's what it says on wikipedia) or air 6 episodes on 2 nights or something. Or air it once a week, whichever.

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think Outlaw Star would be a great pick for a 3rd stint on the entirety.

Spoiler:
    I think they could air "Hot Springs Planet Tenrei" without a problem. Just blur Aisha's boobs or remove a small bit without taking away from the show. I preferred Gene Starwind's moments in the episode anyway. Nothing about the hot springs to me was that great. Also, fans who watched on TV who've never seen it, never got to see Gene get is caster shells.
    Formerly HUBTigers87 | Current DVD marathon: -----

Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am. Only Toonami, on [as]

Gold Guy is offline Long-eared grinch?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh dear, there are quite a few, but my top two series would be YuYu Hakusho and Rurouni Kenshin, both of which never even finished airing on Toonami in the first place.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

VLGTZ is offline Too Much Time on My Hands
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The shows I would really like to see come back are Yu Yu Hakusho and Big O.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yu Yu Hakusho of course, which was robbed of finishing its run on Toonami.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast