toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - One Piece - "A Davy Back with the Foxy Pirates!" [5/25]

Like This Thread!

EPISODE 208: A Davy Back With The Foxy Pirates!

LAST WEEK ON ONE PIECE...

The War Lord Donquixote Doflamingo used first mate of the Bellamy pirates, Sarkies, to defeat Bellamy "as a lesson" for disgracing his flag when Monkey D. Luffy defeated him. Sarkies makes one last strike on Bellamy and the audience wonders of his fate. Don't worry though, we won't deal with that again for YEARS!

The matter of importance is the Straw Hat pirates, who recently escaped a Marine Base and dropped down from the sky thanks to a octopus(Don't ask.) After sailing in the ocean for a bit they meet sea apes! After finally escaping they sail for a bit more and meet them again in the morning! This next time though they come across a pirate ship with no captain or navigator, hardly anyone to be clear! Just a bunch of lost idiots who care more about stealing the straw hat pirates treasure than saving themselves!

After escaping the apes and the pirate crew, they find themselves upon Long Ring Long Island! A island full of looooong animals and loooooong landscapes! Luffy,Chopper and Usoppp explore the island and find a mysterious house with a horse near it. They end up finding a man who was stuck on a pair of stilts for over 10 years named Tonjit. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew explore the island also and are surprised to meet the Foxy Pirates...

THIS WEEK ON ONE PIECE...

Luffy and his crew is challenged to a Davy Back Fight, a contest between pirate crews where the stakes are members of the crew...

NOTES
    _________
    -Remember, due to licensing restrictions the openings and endings aren't dubbed this time around...
    -Do not post any spoilers! Some people aren't as far into the voyage as you may be!
    -Also if you enjoyed episode 207 last week, pick up the One Piece collection sets if you haven't seen the beginning of the series yet! While the Davy Back fight is great for new fans, watching the series will help you understand the love for these beloved characters and show you that this series isn't all jokes!
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe it might be a good idea to include some spoilers from past episodes that help explain somethings in these episodes for those that are new to One Piece or don't remember what happened since the series last aired on Toonami in 08.

I am only posting stuff that are important to this episode only, and with this one it's mostly common knowledge stuff anyway, so nothing too big.

Spoiler:
    Devil Fruits (Or Cursed Fruits in the 4kid's version) are mysterious fruit scattered all over the world of One Piece. Once a person eats one, they are given special powers. However, those who eat a Devil Fruit will lose their ability to swim. Currently there are three Devil Fruit users on the Straw Hat's crew.

Tony Tony Chopper is the ships doctor, a Reindeer, and a Devil Fruit user. He ate a Devil Fruit called the Human Human Fruit so he can now turn in to a Reindeer, a more humanoid form, and a smaller form that he usually takes. Explained in episodes 84 and 85.

Being an animal, Chopper can talk to other animals and can understand them. First seen in episode 91.

In the One Piece world, money is called berries.

Luffys current bounty is $100,000,000 berries, which he earned after defeating a major pirate. See episode 62-135 the Baroque Works Saga.

Like I said, common knowledge. Nothing like the floating octopus and Donquixote Doflamingo and the Bellamy pirates last week. But, I hope it helps.

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is true, I'll try including that in next weeks posts.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't wait. To discuss OP is one the main reasons I joined TZ. I would've came last week but I my laptop was in the shop so well here I am. Hi.

Nobodyman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Previously on One Piece: The Strawhats arrive on an island of long animals and newcomers to One Piece are thoroughly confused.

Well, that's just nasty.

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That milk is a pile of CHEESY [BLEEP]!!

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Boy, what a cheesy start to this episode.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mmm that looked yummy

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, to those that know more about One Piece, which seasonal island is Long ring long again? it looks like a spring island?

trance2009 is online now Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I cannot get Krillin's voice out my head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast