Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - "Final Engagement" [5/11]

Like This Thread!

Episode 26- SERIES FINALE
    Japanese Title: Lunar Vows
    Dub Title: Final Engagement

WARNING: Spoilers will not be tolerated! Yes, I realize this series has been around since 2002, and I realize it did air on the FUNi Colours TV anime block (It aired back in 2006, so this isn't a dub premiere), but this is its first exposure on [adult swim].

Synopsis: Seina Yamda is your average ordinary everyday teenager, if you take away one thing. Seina is the most unlucky boy known of in the entire universe. However Seina has decided to join the prestigious GP Academy. He hoped that the training at the GP would allow him to win the love of his life, assuming that the two women fighting over him didn't kill each other first. Now, as a Captain and Cadet, Seina finds he can gain new found respect or ultimately lead the GP down the path of a horrendous defeat, but which way will his luck lead him to?

TONIGHT:
    Seina's new position as a member of the royal family leads to some arranged marriages. Seina is to marry Kiriko, Amane, Ryoko, and Neju. Before the wedding can take place though Seina must go through a series of final events. he must come to the acceptance that his little sister and best friend are now lovers. He must overcome his worst pirate enemy. Seina must also decide if he is ok with an arranged marriage. However these four girls aren't the only ones with their eyes on Seina. Is 4 women enough for this young space captain? If that weren't enough, what will happen when Seiryo also pops the question to a former pirate? The final mission is at hand, and it will leave you laughing and going huh. Don't miss the final episode of Tenchi Muyo! GXP!

Your cast of characters:
    Seina Yamada: The main character who seems to have horrible luck. Seina has enlisted in the GP and hopes to use it to his advantage to gain the love of Kiriko, but now he has been made a captain and finds that Kiriko is one of the individuals he is to command.

Kiriko Masaki: A young lady that has always been friends with Seina, despite his horrible luck. Kiriko has always favored Seina and done things like make him cake. After being demoted from immigration to the GP Academy as an instructor, Kiriko was told to turn Seina into a man during the next 6 months. Now that Seina is a captain, she has been made a member of his crew, but her mission hasn't changed.

Amane Kaunaq: A mysterious lady that Seina runs into through a horrible series of events. She asked Seina to join the GP, but consequences followed. Amane was demoted from second class detective to a GP Instructor, and now she has been made a member of Seina's crew with the responsibility of rounding up pirates any way possible.

and Ryoko Balta/ Erma: This mysterious woman is a former leader of the pirates, but when she if offered a chance to work with Seina, she must decides to take it. Ryoko now works as a member of the GP, and when she is on the computer, she tends to drift to her secret identity side of Erma..

Fuku: This young crew member is actually the Kamidake 2's main computer core. As a real life being and a relative of Ryo-Ohki, Fuku must learn how to battle as the crew grows. Fuku has very sensitive feelings and easily bonds with Neju, but she also has a hard time bonding with anyone who won't show her love

NB: NB is a specially made AI Assistant Robot. However Amane decides to tamper with NB, completely altering his original programming. Now NB is willing to serve any of the ladies or his master, but he also has a few ulterior motives.

Neju: This girl is a very kind loving soul who takes the opportunity to talk to Seina and reveal she can talk with ships when they first meet. Little does anyone realize, outside of Seto, that Neju is actually a 2000 year old priestess and is the leader of her planet. Due to a number of assassination attempts, Neju seeks out someone who will protect her for the remainder of her life.

Seto Jurai: Also known as the Devil Princess of Jurai. Seto has a true hatred for pirates and what they've done in the past to her family, but more than all she desires to protect her family and the GP. Seto considers herself a matchmaker, but when the situation calls for danger she's always willing to put herself on the line and head to the front of the battlefield. She also has all final battle say on the GP Army and GXP.

Airi Masaki: Airi is one of the heads of the GXP. She has looked out for Seina from the start and is Tenchi's grandmother, though she hates being called an old lady. Airi believes Seina has been set up since the Kamidake disappeared and is willing to sneak around behind the Galactic Armies backs if it means helping the girls at all costs.

Mikami Kuramitsu: Mikami is one of the heads of the GP but also serves as one of the heads of the military police. After clearing her team from all kidnapping charges, Mikami is ready to do whatever it takes to make sure Seina has a good graduation, but what plans does she have for Seina after his graduation?

Kenneth Barl: Kenneth was one of Seina's original roommates in the GP and has become his mentor to fun as graduation approaches. Kenneth attempts to do all he can to be friends with Seina and ignore the buck, but he is always looking for the easiest way to party.

Rajau Ga Waru: Rajau is another one of Seina's classmates who is always looking for a way to party. Rajau tends to be an engineering geek, and he has developed a crush on Erma, not knowing that she is actually Ryoko. Rajau tends to be a follower more than a leader, but he is always willing to step up and take a bullet for his friends.

Seiryo Tennan: After failing to catch Amane's heart, Seiryo has calmed down a bit. He no longer desires to kill Seina and has decided to inherit his parents business. Seiryo is hired by the GP to plan weddings, but whose wedding will he plan first?

Alan, Barry, and Cohen: These three used to work on Seina's ship, but after being removed by Seto they ended up joining the Pirates and serving under Seriyo. Now the three amigos are back, but now they are waiters for Seriyo's business endeavors.

College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alright, twenty-five episodes. C'mon, Kitschie, I know you've got one more in you. And next week, you can finally go to bed at a decent time again.

Last time: One Dustin Hoffman, many Anne Bancrofts.

One small step for Seina, one giant leap for dork-kind.

"My son the polygamist. I'm so proud."

He's marrying you all at the same time. As weird as it sounds.

When did we stumble onto an episode of Doug?

With four brides, no wonder he's got cold feet.

Isn't it bad luck to see the bride(s) before the wedding?

Couldn't he have just waited until the "speak now or forever hold their peace" part?

And Seiryo's arranging the wedding.

Please keep your human form during the ceremony. Last thing I want to see is Seina marrying a furry.

Let's hope he makes it through the ceremony without getting ambushed by the bridesmaids.

One big, happy, polygamous, incestuous, borderline zoophilic and kinda sorta pedophilic family.

Ahh! Original cast cameo!

Boy will I be glad to never see the pervert robot again.
    At least Sieryo's not embarrassing himself shouting after Seina again.
    Last edited by Kitschensyngk; 05-12-2013 at 03:22 AM.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Seiryo didn't you have a wife and kids you left?
    Everybody getting married: so his sister is marring the brother of a woman who he is about to marry.
    Bachelor party.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And one more bit of fanservice. Thank you Nabeshin.

Aaaaaaaand everyone's watching.

Again, thank you Nabeshin.

So he marries...all of them.
    Well, at least he won't have much trouble remembering wedding anniversaries.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well one thing can be said in favor of GXP: it was much better than Shin Tenchi Muyo/Tenchi in Tokyo.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What da ffffffffffffffffffffffudge was up with all the bleeps?! 0_o It's like Deadman Wonderland all over again!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I shall return to this topic with a review in due time.

Meanwhile, if anyone from Toonami is reading this, a word of advice: next time you want an anime series reminiscent of Tenchi Muyo that takes place in space with plenty of pretty girls, romantic tension and lots of action with a reasonable amount of fan service...just get Vandread. I'm sure it's cheap, and it's certainly better than this show.

Lord Mawdryn is offline Board Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Overall, I liked GXP. Sure, it's silly as all get-out and definitely not for people who hate harem comedies or some boobage now and then, but there have been sillier shows on Adult Swim's other nights.

To quote The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy, it's mostly harmless.

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe..."

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I felt the series was mediocre at best, compared to the previous Tenchi's, but was tolerable to finish. I did like some of the characters (Ryoko and her Erma form, in particular) and the setting.

Couldn't make sense of the ending, though.

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well that was one seriously ****ed up ending. I don't know how Seina can put up with all that. I thought the whole thing would turn out to be a dream, especially with Shank coming back. But no, reality is much stranger...

As for space opera with fanservice, Outlaw Star still remains my favorite. (naked android chick in glass tube, hee hee!)
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast