toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: A new era begins...

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toonami: Intro
    Submitted by Ishtar
    TOM:SARA! How ya been?
    SARA:Hello, TOM. It's good to see you again.
    TOM:No doubt. Been too long.
    SARA: Are you ready to begin?
    TOM: Ah yeah! Gotta figure out how to run this new baby.

3 100.00%
  • Bleach: It's All a Trap...Engineered Bonds!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Aizen: Your spirit energy works very well. I'm very pleased.
    Ichigo: What?!
    Aizen: Months ago, you met Rukia Kuchiki. And following your battle with Uryu Ishida, you awakened your own Soul Reaper powers. During your battle with Renji Abarai, you learned about the power of your Zanpakuto. During your battle with Kenpachi Zaraki, you became aware of your Bankai. During your battle with Byakuya Kuchiki, you began your Hollowfication. During your battle with Grimmjow, you mastered your Hollowfication. And during your subsequent battle with Ulquiorra, it appears you gained an even greater power. The truth is, Ichigo Kurosaki, all of the battles you’ve fought up to now…were simply part of my plan.

0 0%
  • Naruto: Chunin Challenge: Rock Lee vs. Sasuke!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Lee: You—you were watching us the whole time?
    Turtle: Of course! That last technique is forbidden! You know that!
    Naruto: He’s talking to a turtle, and it’s talking back.
    Lee: I am sorry. I did not mean to.
    Naruto: Now he’s apologizing to a turtle! Wait a minute, could that be…his sensei?!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Guy: You’re just caught in between. You’re too old to be called a boy and not yet quite a man!
    Lee: You are so good to me, Guy-sensei!
    Guy: Now take off! I want you to give me a hundred laps around the practice field. Show me whatcha got!
    Lee: Yes sir! No problem!
    Guy: Run into the Setting Sun! Run and suffer! But don’t mess up your hair!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Guy: I’m sorry for the trouble Lee caused you. Look into my eyes and accept my sincere apology! Also notice my handsome, manly features!

1 33.33%
  • Soul Eater: The Enchanted Sword Masamune - Break the Soul Possession: A Heart Sings in the Rain?
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Tsubaki: The camellia blossom, also known as ‘tsubaki’, is a flower without fragrance. It proclaims nothing, blooming in silence. When the blossom’s petals scatter, it is quietly tragic. … I am Tsubaki, a silent flower without fragrance.

0 0%
  • Soul Eater: The Enchanted Sword Masamune - Break the Soul Possession: A Heart Sings in the Rain?
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Tsubaki: I joined the Academy in order to hunt down the Enchanted Sword. This is my fight, and I’m sorry to put you in the middle, Black Star.
    Black Star: Tsubaki, come on, please tell me that isn’t what you’re actually thinking. You know better than that, don’t you? Weapons and meisters depend on each other, don’t we? You can lean on me, Tsubaki. And you can do it a heck of a lot more than you do now, got it?
    Tsubaki: ……Yes.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Black Star: Speed Star! Ha! You missed! I’m too fast! You can’t catch me! Yahoo! Can’t see me, can you?! No, I bet you can’t! And do you know why?! Because I’m one dude who’s way ahead of his time! You’ll be lucky to even see one hair on my head! Blink for just one second and you’ll miss me! That’s how fast I am! Yaaaaaah! *PING!* Aaaaaah!
    Tsubaki: I think you may want to save Speed Star for days when it isn’t raining.
    Black Star: I’m just a dude who’s way ahead of his time, you know? Does that mean I was born too early because time can’t keep up with me? Man, Speed Star…is way deep!

0 0%
  • IGPX Time to Shine
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Peter Cullen: In the year 2049, the world’s most popular motor sport is the Immortal Grand Prix. Two teams of three pilots, 60 miles of track, speeds upwards of 350 miles per hour. In the Pro League, the IG-1, the world’s most elite teams compete for the ultimate prize: to win the IGPX. For Takeshi and Team Satomi, this is a dream worth fighting for. This is the future of sport. This is the IGPX.

1 33.33%
  • IGPX Time to Shine
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Satomi:I just told the entire world this team’s got what it takes to be champions. But right now, it seems like our biggest obstacle is ourselves. This is the IG-1. To win here, we’ll need more than just dumb luck.
    Andrei: Never mind winning. We’ll be lucky just to survive.
    Takeshi: Sounds…great.

0 0%
  • Eureka Seven: Astral Apache
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Dewey: Master Norb, are you familiar with the words, “Love thy neighbor”? The words written on the oldest documents passed down by mankind through the ages. Now why do you think that such a phrase was written into the oldest document of mankind? It is because without those words, humans have little chance of keeping each other alive. Humans are such pathetic creatures, don’t you think?
    Norb: What is your point?
    Dewey: The only thing I ever wanted was to win using my own words as a living human being. Did you know that the phrase that was considered God’s first revelation was “In the beginning, there was the Word”?
    Norb: Oh, I see. Are you trying to become somebody like Raskolnikov or something?

0 0%
  • Eureka Seven: Astral Apache
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Holland: I’m so glad that you held yourself back.
    Norb: Held back what, Holland?
    Holland: Huh? Well, didn’t you come to the capital to destroy the city?
    Norb: Are you kidding? You wanna kill me? It couldn’t happen, my age is catching up. Is there anyway I could get a smoke now?
    Holland: You just said your age is catching up and you want that?

0 0%
  • Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Parallel
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Elder: Long, long ago, in a time before my grandfather’s grandfather, an unnamed evil plagued our Wau ancestors. It ravaged the village until the day our god sent a legendary robot hero who vanquished the evil and saved our people.
    Seina: Oh…
    Elder: I’m not finished.
    Seina: Uh, sorry.
    Elder: With the strength of a god, the hero drove the evil away, impaling the enemy on a blade of light, and sending it to the bowes of darkness from whence it came. It is said the hero will return in our hour of need.
    Seina: That’s the…robot?
    Wau Boy: Actually, it’s just a fairy tale.
    Seina: Deh?! Are you serious?!
    Wau Boy: The elder is a great storyteller, but you have to read between the lines.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Elder: Not bad! Spaceships are nice, but I think giant robots definitely rule!

1 33.33%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Shank: Such a sad face! I’m honored to be the one responsible, but those vermin are the least of your worries! Time to spill blood! Yours!
    Seina: Why? Why did you do this to them? You couldn’t have me, so you took it out on these defenseless animals?
    Shank: My heart is breaking. Compared to the humiliation you bestowed upon me, they got off easy!

0 0%
  • FMA Brotherhood: Inside the Belly
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Envy: Fool! You'd just have to forsake one little village to save an entire country. Too bad you don't have the stomach to do the logical thing. Haha, I shouldn't be surprised! That's just how all you humans are! You put emotions before common sense. I killed a man who was like that once. All I had to do was make myself look like his wife, and he was helpless. He couldn't even fight me! Humans are so easy to take advantage of. Lucky us!

0 0%
  • FMA Brotherhood: Inside the Belly
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Mustang: Ah, I understand now, Hughes. When you said we were in trouble, you didn’t mean the danger was closing in on us. No, you mean the danger was coming from us! Well, Fullmetal, it looks like we’ve landed ourselves in the pit of Hell.

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Kohaku's Lost Memory
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Sango: I wonder how on earth those two patch things up?
    Miroku: Huh. Knowing him, he probably just wore Kagome down with his silence.
    Sango: What? You mean she forgave him for cheating on her? Ugh, I can’t believe it. How could she put up with that kind of behavior.
    Miroku: She probably realized that he was backed up against the wall. She most likely didn’t want to pressure him.
    Sango: Yeah, doesn’t take much to push him over the edge.
    Inuyasha: What’re you lookin’ at?!
    Sango: Ah, a clear sign of remorse. Good, good.

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: Kohaku's Lost Memory
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kohaku:Why did you come? It was me they were after!
    Sango: Kohaku, stay here. Don’t leave me anymore.
    Kohaku: Why? Why are you doing this for me?
    Sango: You’re my brother, that’s why. Kohaku, you’re my one and only little brother.

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: The Unforgettable Face
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Shippo: He must be using his claws because he’s still not strong enough to control his Tetsusaiga. What a brilliant idea!
    Inuyasha: Fool!
    Shippo: Uh oh! Did I say that out loud?!
    Kagura: Hehe, that’s why you’re not using your sword.

0 0%
  • Inuyasha: The Unforgettable Face
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Naraku: Kohaku, remember that I spared your life. I also erased your terrible memories for you. And yet you still failed to kill Kagome. Why is that, Kohaku? Do you wish to become human again? Then do you want your memories returned? All of your memories?!
    Kohaku: No! NO!
    Narkau: Heh. Fair enough. I’ll let you live…for now. Forget it all.
    Kohaku: Yes. Still, I can’t erase that woman’s face from my mind…

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [4/28]

Like This Thread!
    A new TOM, a new Absolution, a returning classic. It's a bold new Toonami.

As always, this is the Toonami Board's Line of the Night. A weekly tradition going back about 9 years, you can submit your favorite quotes from the shows playing on Toonami. Then we run it through our trusty poll generator, and a selection of up to 30 quotes will be posted by the end of the week for you to vote on!

A few rules:

1. Please be sure to list what show and character you're quoting from.
    2. Just to be fair to newer material on the block, if an episode has aired on Toonami within the past 12 months, lines for that show can't be submitted. This week, this rule applies to: ThunderCats, Sym-Bionic Titan, Cowboy Bebop

Here's tonight's schedule:

12:00AM Bleach - "It's All a Trap... Engineered Bonds!" (NEW)
    12:30AM Naruto Uncut - "Chunin Challenge: Rock Lee vs. Sasuke!" (NEW)
    01:00AM Soul Eater - "The Enchanted Sword Masamune – Break the Soul Possession: A Heart Sings in the Rain?" (NEW)
    01:30AM Thundercats - "Omens, Part 2"
    02:00AM IGPX - "Time to Shine" (Adult Swim Premiere)
    02:30AM Eureka 7 - "Astral Apache" (Toonami Premiere)
    03:00AM Tenchi Muyo GXP - "Parallel" (NEW)
    03:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan - "Shadows of Youth"
    04:00AM Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - "Inside the Belly"
    04:30AM Cowboy Bebop - "Asteroid Blues"
    05:00AM InuYasha - "Kohaku's Lost Memory" (Toonami Premiere)
    05:30AM InuYasha - "That Unforgettable Face" (Toonami Premiere)
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 8/8 - DBZ Battle of Gods Dub Discussion)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TOM: "SARA! How ya been?"
    SARA: "Hello, TOM. It's good to see you again."
    TOM: "No doubt. Been too long."
    SARA: " Are you ready to begin?"
    TOM: "Ah yeah! Gotta figure out how to run this new baby."

animePWNS is offline 1951-2014
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

Bleach #295:
    Aizen: Your spirit energy works very well. I’m very pleased. You’ve matured splendidly…just the way I wanted you to.
    Ichigo: What?!
    Aizen: Months ago, you met Rukia Kuchiki.
    And following your battle with Uryu Ishida, you awakened your own Soul Reaper powers.
    During your battle with Renji Abarai, you learned about the power of your Zanpakuto.
    During your battle with Kenpachi Zaraki, you became aware of your Bankai.
    During your battle with Byakuya Kuchiki, you began your Hollowfication.
    During your battle with Grimmjow, you mastered your Hollowfication.
    And during your subsequent battle with Ulquiorra, it appears you gained an even greater power.
    The truth is, Ichigo Kurosaki, all of the battles you’ve fought up to now…were simply part of my plan.

Naruto #21:
    Lee: You—you were watching us the whole time?
    Turtle: Of course! That last technique is forbidden! You know that!
    Naruto: He’s talking to a turtle, and it’s talking back.
    Lee: I am sorry. I did not mean to.
    Naruto: Now he’s apologizing to a turtle! Wait a minute, could that be…his sensei?!

Guy: You’re just caught in between. You’re too old to be called a boy and not yet quite a man!
    Lee: You are so good to me, Guy-sensei!
    Guy: Now take off! I want you to give me a hundred laps around the practice field. Show me whatcha got!
    Yes sir! No problem!
    Guy: Run into the Setting Sun! Run and suffer! But don’t mess up your hair!

Guy: I’m sorry for the trouble Lee caused you. Look into my eyes and accept my sincere apology! Also notice my handsome, manly features!

Soul Eater #10:
    Tsubaki: The camellia blossom, also known as ‘tsubaki’, is a flower without fragrance. It proclaims nothing, blooming in silence. When the blossom’s petals scatter, it is quietly tragic. … I am Tsubaki, a silent flower without fragrance.

Tsubaki: I joined the Academy in order to hunt down the Enchanted Sword. This is my fight, and I’m sorry to put you in the middle, Black Star.
    Black Star: Tsubaki, come on, please tell me that isn’t what you’re actually thinking. You know better than that, don’t you? Weapons and meisters depend on each other, don’t we? You can lean on me, Tsubaki. And you can do it a heck of a lot more than you do now, got it?
    Tsubaki: ……Yes.

Black Star: Speed Star! Ha! You missed! I’m too fast! You can’t catch me! Yahoo! Can’t see me, can you?! No, I bet you can’t! And do you know why?! Because I’m one dude who’s way ahead of his time! You’ll be lucky to even see one hair on my head! Blink for just one second and you’ll miss me! That’s how fast I am! Yaaaaaah! *PING!* Aaaaaah!
    Tsubaki: I think you may want to save Speed Star for days when it isn’t raining.
    Black Star: I’m just a dude who’s way ahead of his time, you know? Does that mean I was born too early because time can’t keep up with me? Man, Speed Star…is way deep!

IGPX #1:
    Peter Cullen(!): In the year 2049, the world’s most popular motor sport is the Immortal Grand Prix. Two teams of three pilots, 60 miles of track, speeds upwards of 350 miles per hour. In the Pro League, the IG-1, the world’s most elite teams compete for the ultimate prize: to win the IGPX. For Takeshi and Team Satomi, this is a dream worth fighting for. This is the future of sport. This is the IGPX.

Satomi: I just told the entire world this team’s got what it takes to be champions. But right now, it seems like our biggest obstacle is ourselves. This is the IG-1. To win here, we’ll need more than just dumb luck.
    Andrei: Never mind winning. We’ll be lucky just to survive.
    Takeshi: Sounds…great.

Eureka 7 #35:
    Dewey: Master Norb, are you familiar with the words, “Love thy neighbor”? The words written on the oldest documents passed down by mankind through the ages. Now why do you think that such a phrase was written into the oldest document of mankind? It is because without those words, humans have little chance of keeping each other alive. Humans are such pathetic creatures, don’t you think?
    Norb: What is your point?
    Dewey: The only thing I ever wanted was to win using my own words as a living human being. Did you know that the phrase that was considered God’s first revelation was “In the beginning, there was the Word”?
    Norb: Oh, I see. Are you trying to become somebody like Raskolnikov or something?

Holland: I’m so glad that you held yourself back.
    Norb: Held back what, Holland?
    Holland: Huh? Well, didn’t you come to the capital to destroy the city?
    Norb: Are you kidding? You wanna kill me? It couldn’t happen, my age is catching up. Is there anyway I could get a smoke now?
    Holland: You just said your age is catching up and you want that?

Tenchi Muyo! GXP #24:
    Elder: Long, long ago, in a time before my grandfather’s grandfather, an unnamed evil plagued our Wau ancestors. It ravaged the village until the day our god sent a legendary robot hero who vanquished the evil and saved our people.
    Seina: Oh…
    Elder: I’m not finished.
    Seina: Uh, sorry.
    Elder: With the strength of a god, the hero drove the evil away, impaling the enemy on a blade of light, and sending it to the bowes of darkness from whence it came. It is said the hero will return in our hour of need.
    Seina: That’s the…robot?
    Wau Boy: Actually, it’s just a fairy tale.
    Seina: Deh?! Are you serious?!
    Wau Boy: The elder is a great storyteller, but you have to read between the lines.

Seina: Not bad! Spaceships are nice, but I think giant robots definitely rule!

Shank: Such a sad face! I’m honored to be the one responsible, but those vermin are the least of your worries! Time to spill blood! Yours!
    Seina: Why? Why did you do this to them? You couldn’t have me, so you took it out on these defenseless animals?
    Shank: My heart is breaking. Compared to the humiliation you bestowed upon me, they got off easy!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #24:
    Envy: Fool! You'd just have to forsake one little village to save an entire country. Too bad you don't have the stomach to do the logical thing. Haha, I shouldn't be surprised! That's just how all you humans are! You put emotions before common sense. I killed a man who was like that once. All I had to do was make myself look like his wife, and he was helpless. He couldn't even fight me! Humans are so easy to take advantage of. Lucky us!

Mustang: Ah, I understand now, Hughes. When you said we were in trouble, you didn’t mean the danger was closing in on us. No, you mean the danger was coming from us! Well, Fullmetal, it looks like we’ve landed ourselves in the pit of Hell.

Inuyasha #49:
    Sango: I wonder how on earth those two patch things up?
    Miroku: Huh. Knowing him, he probably just wore Kagome down with his silence.
    Sango: What? You mean she forgave him for cheating on her? Ugh, I can’t believe it. How could she put up with that kind of behavior.
    Miroku: She probably realized that he was backed up against the wall. She most likely didn’t want to pressure him.
    Sango: Yeah, doesn’t take much to push him over the edge.
    Inuyasha: What’re you lookin’ at?!
    Sango: Ah, a clear sign of remorse. Good, good.

Kohaku: Why did you come? It was me they were after!
    Sango: Kohaku, stay here. Don’t leave me anymore.
    Kohaku: Why? Why are you doing this for me?
    Sango: You’re my brother, that’s why. Kohaku, you’re my one and only little brother.

Inuyasha #50:
    Shippo: He must be using his claws because he’s still not strong enough to control his Tetsusaiga. What a brilliant idea!
    Inuyasha: Fool!
    Shippo: Uh oh! Did I say that out loud?!
    Kagura: Hehe, that’s why you’re not using your sword.

Naraku: Kohaku, remember that I spared your life. I also erased your terrible memories for you. And yet you still failed to kill Kagome. Why is that, Kohaku? Do you wish to become human again? Then do you want your memories returned? All of your memories?!
    Kohaku: No! NO!
    Narkau: Heh. Fair enough. I’ll let you live…for now. Forget it all.
    Kohaku: Yes. Still, I can’t erase that woman’s face from my mind…

Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The first Line of the Night poll of the TOM 5 era is now up!

Once my semester ends, I'll make more of an active effort towards getting polls up within a week of the air date.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 8/8 - DBZ Battle of Gods Dub Discussion)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!