toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - "Parallel" [4/27]

Like This Thread!

Episode 24
    Japanese Title: Parallel
    Dub Title: Parallel

WARNING: Spoilers will not be tolerated! Yes, I realize this series has been around since 2002, and I realize it did air on the FUNi Colours TV anime block (It aired back in 2006, so this isn't a dub premiere), but this is its first exposure on [adult swim].

Synopsis: Seina Yamda is your average ordinary everyday teenager, if you take away one thing. Seina is the most unlucky boy known of in the entire universe. However Seina has decided to join the prestigious GP Academy. He hoped that the training at the GP would allow him to win the love of his life, assuming that the two women fighting over him didn't kill each other first. Now, as a Captain and Cadet, Seina finds he can gain new found respect or ultimately lead the GP down the path of a horrendous defeat, but which way will his luck lead him to?

TONIGHT:
    Pirates and a Shank lead unit of the GP Army target Seina and the village that has taken Seina in. The girls learn of the location Seina is at and rush to help him, but can they make it in time? Meanwhile Seina learns of a local legend that could help him gain victory over his final opposition or could leave the village, himself, and Fuku annihilated forever. Needless to say the final main battle is at hand for Seina and his friends.

Your cast of characters:
    Seina Yamada: The main character who seems to have horrible luck. Seina has enlisted in the GP and hopes to use it to his advantage to gain the love of Kiriko, but now he has been made a captain and finds that Kiriko is one of the individuals he is to command.

Kiriko Masaki: A young lady that has always been friends with Seina, despite his horrible luck. Kiriko has always favored Seina and done things like make him cake. After being demoted from immigration to the GP Academy as an instructor, Kiriko was told to turn Seina into a man during the next 6 months. Now that Seina is a captain, she has been made a member of his crew, but her mission hasn't changed.

Amane Kaunaq: A mysterious lady that Seina runs into through a horrible series of events. She asked Seina to join the GP, but consequences followed. Amane was demoted from second class detective to a GP Instructor, and now she has been made a member of Seina's crew with the responsibility of rounding up pirates any way possible.

and Ryoko Balta/ Erma: This mysterious woman is a former leader of the pirates, but when she if offered a chance to work with Seina, she must decides to take it. Ryoko now works as a member of the GP, and when she is on the computer, she tends to drift to her secret identity side of Erma..

Fuku: This young crew member is actually the Kamidake 2's main computer core. As a real life being and a relative of Ryo-Ohki, Fuku must learn how to battle as the crew grows. Fuku has very sensitive feelings and easily bonds with Neju, but she also has a hard time bonding with anyone who won't show her love

NB: NB is a specially made AI Assistant Robot. However Amane decides to tamper with NB, completely altering his original programming. Now NB is willing to serve any of the ladies or his master, but he also has a few ulterior motives.

Neju: This girl is a very kind loving soul who takes the opportunity to talk to Seina and reveal she can talk with ships when they first meet. Little does anyone realize, outside of Seto, that Neju is actually a 2000 year old priestess and is the leader of her planet. Due to a number of assassination attempts, Neju seeks out someone who will protect her for the remainder of her life.

Seto Jurai: Also known as the Devil Princess of Jurai. Seto has a true hatred for pirates and what they've done in the past to her family, but more than all she desires to protect her family and the GP. Seto considers herself a matchmaker, but when the situation calls for danger she's always willing to put herself on the line and head to the front of the battlefield. She also has all final battle say on the GP Army and GXP.

Tarant Shank: Shank was one of the Pirate Guilds most ferocious leaders, and he quickly developed a goal to defeat Seina not only through robbery, but through actual death. During a battle with the Good Luck Fleet, Shank vanished, but the GP automatically assumed it was because his ship was destroyed. Now Shank is back, not looking quite as manly as he used to, and he is determined to build up his Empire in the territory the GP has never protected. Can Seina find a way to defeat his true worst nightmare?

Airi Masaki: Airi is one of the heads of the GXP. She has looked out for Seina from the start and is Tenchi's grandmother, though she hates being called an old lady. Airi believes Seina has been set up since the Kamidake disappeared and is willing to sneak around behind the Galactic Armies backs if it means helping the girls at all costs.

Mikami Kuramitsu: Mikami is one of the heads of the GP but also serves as one of the heads of the military police. She has long suspected that secret members inside the GP wanted to taregt her and Seto, but until they showed themselves she couldn't act> Now Mikami is ready to strike if it means saving her cadets and her teams.

College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Kitschensyngk is online now back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just three more episodes...just three more episodes...

Last time: You mean things are just NOW getting serious?

Just like Excel Saga. It waits until the third from the last episode to give us a plot.

No more dog creature guise. EVER.

When did Erma change back to Riyoko?

"And what should we do with this?" *holds up pervy robot*
    "Dispose."
    Hey, maybe this pirate guy's not so bad after all!

Quickly! Throw the kid into the robot and see what happens!

He got thrown into an EVA unit?

Cripes, Big O! Put some clothes on!

Well, the good news is, Seina's just arrived. The bad news...
    Last edited by Kitschensyngk; 04-28-2013 at 03:15 AM.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, Seina does, in fact, dig giant robots.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Why did you leave the robot?

Again...WHY. DID YOU LEAVE. THE ROBOT.

If I can't have you, I don't want nobody, baby.

Keep shooting at it and maybe it'll go away.

And now, Great Performances presents, the Fuku and Clones' Choir.

I thought Thundercats already aired.

My Seina sense is tingling!

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ya know, if you showed those little uh............ whatever you call those alien rabbits being imprisoned like a dozen episodes ago, I might've cared more for this show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, the Jedis are going to feel this one!

Remember when you said you hated Seina? I think he hates you more.

Where can I get me one of those?

Crap. The robot lives.

And what does SEELE think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The pervert robot is STILL ALIVE!!?!?!?!! WHAT THE HELL MAN!!

Seina's what now? Tentacles?!

Lord Mawdryn is offline Board Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, so this is the episode that more or less connects Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure to the Tenchi universe, as Seina's robot does bear more than a passing resemblance to the one in that series.

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Mawdryn View Post
    Oh, so this is the episode that more or less connects Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure to the Tenchi universe, as Seina's robot does bear more than a passing resemblance to the one in that series.
    Wait, are you talking about that show that was on G4TechTV's Anime Unleashed block? GXP is connected to that?

Lord Mawdryn is offline Board Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    Wait, are you talking about that show that was on G4TechTV's Anime Unleashed block? GXP is connected to that?
    Yep. Both shows have the same creator who said that the two shows are linked with GXP being yet another parallel universe that Dual! is connected to with similar characters: GXP's Kiriko = Dual's Mitsuki Sanada, GXP's Amane = Dual's Yayoi, GXP's Ryoko Balta = Dual's Mitsuki Rara, GXP's Neju = Dual's D

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast