toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
    Nobodyman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post
    It rarely makes it to #1 though and frequently falls off within a week.
    Yes, I know, but it's regularly been doing that for years. It appearing on the list last week is really nothing notable.

Again, if that's what Hypeathon meant. I just want clarification on what he said.

And I'm thinking that's actually not what he meant, since One Piece apparently hasn't been on the list for several weeks.

Best Sellers - The New York Times

Funny though that 5Ds is beating Naruto.

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    You mean the New York Times best-selling manga list? If so, it's been regularly making the top 10 for ages.
    Hypeathon was referring to this.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's easy to always blame the show that drops but that's when we have to remember that no matter what shows you put there. It probably wont do any better. Bleach and Naruto are just in their own league and that's that.

Hypeathon is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Hypeathon was referring to this.
    Yeah, that's it. It was a 1-day special campaign for the manga selling 345 million copies worldwide (300 million of which in Japan). I pretty much found out through the hosts of the One Piece Podcast on Facebook (here, here, and here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thectes
    It's easy to always blame the show that drops but that's when we have to remember that no matter what shows you put there. It probably wont do any better. Bleach and Naruto are just in their own league and that's that.
    Well you also have to consider timing also. Bleach despite being late night had consistently been on Adult Swim mostly securing its timeslot for the past 7 years. Naruto had its big exposure on Cartoon Network for 3 years, having several marathons, including a weekend-long one. This was before Cartoon Network decided to take a direction investing more into original production and acquiring shows that would guarantee giving them a piece of the pie through merchandise. Not to mention that show by its content would naturally provide fighting and handheld games over the years similar to DBZ. Plus there were two campaigns for the manga volume releases.

One Piece just never had that consistent luck right off the bat (and I don't want get into talking about why that is. We and the rest of the internet know already and we talked about it one-too-many times now). It's slowly recovering and building up though. The fact it even gets a second wind on TV is impressive. Most anime don't get that opportunity.
    Last edited by Hypeathon; 11-26-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another thing to consider is that One Piece is actually the worst selling of the big three in the states. Of the top 50 highest selling manga of last year, only two volumes cracked the list and both were at the very bottom.

Narukami07 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bah, not even going to look at the crap that the AS message boards are pulling in the ratings thread.

Just, ugh......

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm hoping One Piece's performance will be better after the new year. It's going to close off this year with a pretty action packed episode in #234, and then we'll start off next year with 235-236 which are some heavy eps, and then the arc consistently gets even more intense from there on.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon X View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece's performance will be better after the new year. It's going to close off this year with a pretty action packed episode in #234, and then we'll start off next year with 235-236 which are some heavy eps, and then the arc consistently gets even more intense from there on.
    Very good, plus Toonami should replace the Davy Back bumps with more intense W7 stuff to keep viewers from thinking it'll be more silly instead of heavy.

EDIT: Also just asked DeMarco on his stance on OP's current performance on the block (which i'm sure many else have too). He said this:

One Piece's ratings were just posted today, which showed a 300k drop from Naruto. I'm starting to feel that having OP start from Davy Back on the block instead of the beginning (episode 1) wasn't a good idea/has thats turned away viewers. Is OP in danger of being moved down/gutted from the Toonami?
    No. Every week a One Piece worrier hits me up on here and every week I say again, One Piece isn't going anywhere. Let us worry about the ratings, please. I'm kinda tired of answering this same question! Thanks.
    http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/104482478825
    Last edited by Narukami07; 11-26-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Rome25 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the Adult Swim message boards, it seems all the users believe matters is the drop between shows. Please... I need confirmation. Is it all that matters? Because if it is, One Piece is underpreforming. I'm sure the Toonami guys have low standards when it comes to ratings.... Really, they'll never admit a show like OP is doing bad so I'm not sure going by their word is wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They're idiots. If they believe only drops are what validate how a show's performing while ignoring how said-show has done YOY, then the scent of ignorance spreads further and further.

I'm not sure what to tell you if you're going to believe a group of users (certain ones bent on straw-picking) over the head-hancho himself and call him a liar. OP has been constantly beating last year's 1:00 a.m. performance YOY, it is not in danger nor is it doing bad enough to get axed. Hell if 869k (OP) vs 550+k (S7 from last year in the same time frame) is still "underperforming" then good lord.

You're simply giving too much credibility to the people on the Adult Swim board, which in itself isn't wise at all. What would Toonami themselves gain from lying about a show's performance? Nothing, either way OP will stay where it's at for the meantime.