toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lanmanna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What if Adult Swim was totally axed for Toonami?

Like This Thread!
    I know this would NEVER happen, unless [as] took a complete nosedive in ratings and Toonami was still doing good, but how would you feel about it?

Honestly, I'd like it. All of the [as] shows I watched are gone. Reruns of KoH is the only thing I care about.
    Last edited by Lanmanna; 03-25-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Nine hours of Toonami every night?
    Sorry, that would be overkill.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As cool as that sounds in a way, I agree that nine hours of Toonami every night would be a bit much. I don't watch any Adult Swim show, so I wouldn't mind seeing them being replaced, but it might be a bit too much. I'd be okay with a two or three hour weeknight run for the block though.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind having a mini-Toonami block on weeknights for say only 2 hours per night. Long shows like One Piece and Naruto could definitely benefit from it. Replacing all of Adult Swim, though? That would be overkill and a bad business move.

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ya i agree, it would be overkill. Not like many would be able to enjoy it fully anyway... i mean some of us can't be up late at night every night. Thing about adult swim is that on weeknights its mostly just reruns. technically they could do that with anime aswell, but I tend to tire of reruns of such series. Heck a few months after i got nicktoons i found myself growing bored of avatar because i had seen the series too many times with how much they replay it. A lot of Anime feels like its at its best when its either new, or you haven't seen it in awhile; though some are better than others when it comes to reruns.

Most i would ever want is the midnight run... an hour or two. Maybe use it to run the REALLY long shonen series while saturday night handles the normal length series.

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If they really stuck to the "nothing but shonen" ideal, that would get old fast.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

chdr is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering AS's comedy shows bring in the most ratings, that would probably be a really bad idea.

A DVR Theater-type block for action would probably be cool, though.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Even if/when AS fails to entertain, it won't pan out as completely planned, IMHO, for hopefully these reasons (as much as it would boost quality on a block that seems to royally lack it and could get much more recognition, besides rating if it did strive for more quality!):

1. Toonami embraces more variety/genres in their anime fare, period - if only to pick up in quality where AS overall falls flat.

2. More original shows with actual effort behind them get made/are acquired without argument (like Venture Bros. and Boondocks, and in some cases - Black Dynamite (does anyone like that show??), if only so we're not relying on used/cheap goods to carry/bookend the channel...

Even then, that would get old/hard to deal with quick if the block is on for a few hours too long!

Couple all of that with what chdr said - and you can see while I'm all for improving AS's quality and usage of their time, it won't work if all we're doing is catering to a smaller demographic than people claim to think it is over the bigger one (the comedy-loving crowd is larger than the anime fans demographic - sad and disheartening, I'm, sure, but spoken for truth!), causing a near irreparable ratings drop should it ever take place...

dumbfoolkid5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm all for it I like anime on weekdays instead of that weekly stuff, I hate that.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using toonzone. And I'm a loner at heart.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Geez, I hope not. There's still a lot of creative, original stuff coming from Adult Swim, even in its Family Guy-dominated state. To replace all of that with what's basically a nostalgia block filled with shonen would be sad.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast