toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - "Seiryo Attacks" [3/23]

Like This Thread!

Episode 19
    Japanese Title: Show
    Dub Title: Seiryo Attacks

WARNING: Spoilers will not be tolerated! Yes, I realize this series has been around since 2002, and I realize it did air on the FUNi Colours TV anime block (It aired back in 2006, so this isn't a dub premiere), but this is its first exposure on [adult swim].

Synopsis: Seina Yamda is your average ordinary everyday teenager, if you take away one thing. Seina is the most unlucky boy known of in the entire universe. However Seina has decided to join the prestigious GP Academy. He hoped that the training at the GP would allow him to win the love of his life, assuming that the two women fighting over him didn't kill each other first. Now, as a Captain, Seina finds he can gain new found respect or ultimately lead the GP down the path of a horrendous defeat, but which way will his luck lead him to?

TONIGHT:
    The pirates continue to find items of good luck and pile them into the Good Luck feet. One of the GP's very own is chosen to become Captain of the Good Luck Fleet so he can prove he's a better captain than Seina.

Your cast of characters:
    Seina Yamada: The main character who seems to have horrible luck. Seina has enlisted in the GP and hopes to use it to his advantage to gain the love of Kiriko, but now he has been made a captain and finds that Kiriko is one of the individuals he is to command.

Kiriko Masaki: A young lady that has always been friends with Seina, despite his horrible luck. Kiriko has always favored Seina and done things like make him cake. After being demoted from immigration to the GP Academy as an instructor, Kiriko was told to turn Seina into a man during the next 6 months. Now that Seina is a captain, she has been made a member of his crew, but her mission hasn't changed.

Amane Kaunaq: A mysterious lady that Seina runs into through a horrible series of events. She asked Seina to join the GP, but consequences followed. Amane was demoted from second class detective to a GP Instructor, and now she has been made a member of Seina's crew with the responsibility of rounding up pirates any way possible.

Ryoko Balta: This mysterious woman is a former leader of the pirates, but when she if offered a chance to work with Seina, she must decide if it is the GP or a pirates life for me that will be the best way.

Fuku: This young crew member is actually the Kamidake 2's main computer core. As a real life being and a relative of Ryo-Ohki, Fuku must learn how to battle as the crew grows. Fuku has very sensitive feelings and easily bonds with Neju, but she also has a hard time bonding with anyone who won't show her love

NB: NB is a specially made AI Assistant Robot. However Amane decides to tamper with NB, completely altering his original programming. Now NB is willing to serve any of the ladies or his master, but he also has a few ulterior motives.

Neju: This girl is a very kind loving soul who takes the opportunity to talk to Seina and reveal she can talk with ships when they first meet. Little does anyone realize, outside of Seto, that Neju is actually a 2000 year old priestess and is the leader of her planet. Due to a number of assassination attempts, Neju seeks out someone who will protect her for the remainder of her life.

Seiryo Tennan: For months Seiryo has been a prisoner of the Pirates. That is about to change. The pirates hold a competition to determine who has the best luck so they can become the captain of the Good Luck Fleet, and everyone is invited to enter, including prisoners. Will Seiryo take this opportunity to become a freeman even though it means rebelling against the very principles he's sworn to protect in the GP?

College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last time: I kinda forgot. And yet, I never will.

Why can't they just kill him and be done with it?

You shouldn't spend your entire career on a personal vendetta against ONE GUY. It's not healthy.
    Besides, your not-girlfriend's on that ship too. You know that, right?

Eat enough carrots and you'll grow up to be a spaceship!

This show DOES have a plot, right?

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Game Freak 4 is offline TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are plots really that important in animation?

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Freak 4 View Post
    Are plots really that important in animation?

Every Tenchi series has had a plot. Even Universe, where the first half of the series were standalone episodes. I imagine War on Geminar has one too. This series appears to be nothing BUT standalone episodes.

Catfight.

You might want to remove the robot from your mammary glands. He IS kinda lodged in there? And he, umm...doesn't want to let go?

You know these beauty pageants are just glorified objectification of women, right? As if to send the notion that a woman's outward appearance is all that really matters?

So Seiryo attacks just the one time and then they move on to a fashion show? If they were just going to focus on the fashion show, the initial attack seems kinda pointless.

Now she's shooting at the Batman logo.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.