Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

C&C - Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 [12/27]

Like This Thread!

Toonami concludes its 2014 Month of Movies with a double feature presentation of the first two Rebuild of Evangelion movies! This four-part film series is an updated remake of the classic anime TV series, Neon Genesis Evangelion, which aired for 2 episodes on Toonami back in 2003, then later in full on Adult Swim in 2005.

At the age of 14, Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There, he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant robot by the name EVA01 and protecting the world from enigmatic invaders known as "angels."

The first of these four films, You Are (Not) Alone, retells the first six episodes of the original series. The second film, You Can (Not) Advance (as well as the remaining films, which Toonami hasn't aired yet), will diverge as a sort of "reconstruction" of the series. Enjoy the retelling of Hideaki Anno's groundbreaking and influential saga tonight at midnght. Only Toonami.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No Eureka again, due to this. I hope they remember where they left off....
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: In the newest (relatively speaking) Misfit Christmas Special, someone stole Santa Claus! Can a bestselling author and her talking mouse get to the bottom of this?

Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Official Toonami promo for Eva 1.11

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I'll have to keep my ass awake tonight.

Pelvix is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope the next movie they're planning to air is Akira (either version). I'll be looking forward to this!

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if Rob Paulsen will be watching. He is a passionate fan. Ha ha.

Kitschensyngk is online now It's Santa Titan!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Neo-Toonami shows its first movie event on the same weekend I'm visiting my niece in Colorado. And the soonest I'll probably get to watch it is Monday.

Oh well, no Soul Eater or Eureka Seven to miss...

Lucky I saw this a couple of years ago at a local Japanese culture festival.

Spoiler:
    If you've seen the original series (I know, who hasn't) this film is essentially a rehash of events from the first few episodes right up until Asuka's debut, with the exclusions of the atomic-powered "Jet Alone" experiment and any mention of "hedgehog's dilemma", and a new scene at the very end. If that doesn't do it for you, at least this re-telling comes with fresher animation and Angel designs and a new NERV logo.

I'm told the Rebuild movies will have a completely new ending, but I've only seen this one so far, so I wouldn't know anything about that...apart from the very end of THIS one.

Normal service will resume next Saturday.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Electra Woman and Dyna Girl: THE FAILED TV PILOT

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Gatomon41 is offline Deo confidimus.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, yes, I remember SFDebris reviewed this movie... totally blind, without any context whatsoever. The reactions were entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    (snip)
    Lucky I saw this a couple of years ago at a local Japanese culture festival.

Spoiler:
    If you've seen the original series (I know, who hasn't) this film is essentially a rehash of events from the first few episodes right up until Asuka's debut, with the exclusions of the atomic-powered "Jet Alone" experiment and any mention of "hedgehog's dilemma", and a new scene at the very end. If that doesn't do it for you, at least this re-telling comes with fresher animation and Angel designs and a new NERV logo.
    (snip)

Spoiler:
    New NERV Logo? I am so there!

Toonami starting up, and Tom just announced they're showing the movie.
    "Truth suffers, but never dies." - Saint Teresa Of Avila

“Social justice cannot be attained by violence. Violence kills what it intends to create.
    ” - St. John Paul II

Pro vita quad spes.

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank god I've got a DVR, I'd never be able to keep my ass awake throughout the entire thing
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Nobodyman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I wonder if Rob Paulsen will be watching. He is a passionate fan. Ha ha.
    Sounds like somebody watched Sage's Macross Plus review.

Anyway, I've only seen bits and pieces of this movie, so this'll be the first time I actually sit down and watch the whole thing. And of course, poke fun and lampoon it as I see fit.

Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast