toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - "Runaway Fuku" [2/16]

Like This Thread!

Episode 15
    Japanese Title: Runaway Fuku
    Dub Title: Runaway Fuku

WARNING: Spoilers will not be tolerated! Yes, I realize this series has been around since 2002, and I realize it did air on the FUNi Colours TV anime block (It aired back in 2006, so this isn't a dub premiere), but this is its first exposure on [adult swim].

Synopsis: Seina Yamda is your average ordinary everyday teenager, if you take away one thing. Seina is the most unlucky boy known of in the entire universe. However Seina has decided to join the prestigious GP Academy. He hoped that the training at the GP would allow him to win the love of his life, assuming that the two women fighting over him didn't kill each other first. Now, as a Captain, Seina finds he can gain new found respect or ultimately lead the GP down the path of a horrendous defeat, but which way will his luck lead him to?

TONIGHT:

Spoiler:
    Only two people have bonded with Fuku- Seina and Neju. With Neju leaving the ship, Fuku begins to feel lonely. Making matters worse for her are Amane, Kiriko, and Ryoko, who treat Fuku more like a machine than a living being. Eventually Fuku feels so lonely that she decides to runaway, with Seina trapped onboard. Seito must remind the three ladies that they need to become friends with Neju, and the three must find another ship to set sail if they are to save Neju and Seina from the pirate attack that is awaiting them.

Your cast of characters:
    Seina Yamada: The main character who seems to have horrible luck. Seina has enlisted in the GP and hopes to use it to his advantage to gain the love of Kiriko, but now he has been made a captain and finds that Kiriko is one of the individuals he is to command.

Kiriko Masaki: A young lady that has always been friends with Seina, despite his horrible luck. Kiriko has always favored Seina and done things like make him cake. After being demoted from immigration to the GP Academy as an instructor, Kiriko was told to turn Seina into a man during the next 6 months. Now that Seina is a captain, she has been made a member of his crew, but her mission hasn't changed.

Amane Kaunaq: A mysterious lady that Seina runs into through a horrible series of events. She asked Seina to join the GP, but consequences followed. Amane was demoted from second class detective to a GP Instructor, and now she has been made a member of Seina's crew with the responsibility of rounding up pirates any way possible.

Ryoko Balta: This mysterious woman is a former leader of the pirates, but when she if offered a chance to work with Seina, she must decide if it is the GP or a pirates life for me that will be the best way.

Fuku: This young crew member is actually the Kamidake 2's main computer core. As a real life being and a relative of Ryo-Ohki, Fuku must learn how to battle as the crew grows. Fuku has very sensitive feelings and easily bonds with Neju, but she also has a hard time bonding with anyone who won't show her love

NB: NB is a specially made AI Assistant Robot. However Amane decides to tamper with NB, completely altering his original programming. Now NB is willing to serve any of the ladies or his master, but he also has a few ulterior motives.

Seito Kamiki: Known as the Devil Princess, Lady Seito is one of the heads of the GP and also a member of the Juraian royal family. She is always willing to lend Seina a hand, and the occasional recommendation to keep him around, but Seito sees herself as more of a true-love matchmaker and has decided to give Seina multiple options to choose from as he grows to be a man. After giving Seina and his crew the Kamidake 2, Seito also must remind them what it means to truly befriend someone.

College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last time: ...

Okay, does this show have a plot? It seems like a sitcom about Seina tripping over things and getting hit on.

Ryo-ohki under glass.

Wait, isn't SHE the ship? Why is she the engine?

Feed her a carrot. Maybe that will help.

Yeah, nice try, Nabeshin, we've all seen that show you made with the Puuchuus.

So none of the girls want to play, and Seina just keeps putting her down.

Well, hello, Miss Greatest Scientific Genius in the Universe. Long time no see.

This is one of the risks of hooking a ship up to something emotionally unbalanced.

You should be nicer to your ship's engine..

Cripes, what is it with this kid and pirates?

Uhhh...thanks for the panty shot.

Yeah, sure, Seina's in trouble and your ship is missing, but any excuse to get the girls' clothes off.

FRIENDSHIP ROCKS!!

How dare they make our ship's engine cry! Fire up the Death Star! Activate the cameo appearance!

And now they're on shore leave! Hooray!

Last edited by Kitschensyngk; 02-17-2013 at 03:25 AM.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

WickedChild is offline Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So if Washu is any indication I shouldn't expect many of the cameos coming up in a few episodes to have the same voices as the old series? Didn't Funi get KT Vogt back for Ryo-Oki 3? Wonder why they couldn't get her for this. Same for the others except Ryoko if my theory holds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedChild View Post
    So if Washu is any indication I shouldn't expect many of the cameos coming up in a few episodes to have the same voices as the old series? Didn't Funi get KT Vogt back for Ryo-Oki 3? Wonder why they couldn't get her for this. Same for the others except Ryoko if my theory holds.
    For those wondering who the voice actors are for the original Tenchi characters in GXP, here is the list.
    Spoiler:
    Mona Marshall voices Ryoko in both GXP and Ryo-Ohki OVA 3. She also voices Ryo-Ohki. I think Ryoko's VA is the only one who didn't come back for Ryo-Ohki, or one of the very few. If the original VA didn't come back for Ryo-Ohki OVA 3, then they (FUNi) uses the GXP VA's for the characters.

Chris Kent voices Tenchi.

Jessica Gee voices Washu.

Renee Emerson voices Sasami. She also recurrs her role as Airi Masaki.

Reba West voices Ayeka. She also recurrs her original role as Mihoshi.

John Smallberries voices Katsuhito Masaki. Smallberries is another name for Bob Papenbrook.

The cameo episode takes place in 2 weeks- March 2/3.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well for once a female character that does not join the harem. Fuku has other things on her mind.
    Last edited by zoombie; 02-18-2013 at 09:01 PM.

G1Ravage is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post

For those wondering who the voice actors are for the original Tenchi characters in GXP, here is the list.
    * SPOILER *

It's true that the "latest" Tenchi actors returned for OVA 3 (such as Reba West and Bob Pappenbrook), but I miss the original original actors, like Ellen Gerstell and Jay Hopper.
    Vegas...now??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Mona Marshall voices Ryoko in both GXP and Ryo-Ohki OVA 3. She also voices Ryo-Ohki. I think Ryoko's VA is the only one who didn't come back for Ryo-Ohki, or one of the very few. If the original VA didn't come back for Ryo-Ohki OVA 3, then they (FUNi) uses the GXP VA's for the characters.

Chris Kent voices Tenchi.

Jessica Gee voices Washu.

Renee Emerson voices Sasami. She also recurrs her role as Airi Masaki.

Reba West voices Ayeka. She also recurrs her original role as Mihoshi.

John Smallberries voices Katsuhito Masaki. Smallberries is another name for Bob Papenbrook.

The actors you listed, are you saying those are the ones in OVA 3 as well as GXP, or just GXP? I could have sworn at least Jennifer Darling (Ayeka), KT Vogt (Washu), Sherry Lynn (Sasami), and Matt Miller (Tenchi) returned for OVA 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The actors you listed, are you saying those are the ones in OVA 3 as well as GXP, or just GXP? I could have sworn at least Jennifer Darling (Ayeka), KT Vogt (Washu), Sherry Lynn (Sasami), and Matt Miller (Tenchi) returned for OVA 3.
    Read what it says fully. How can you not understand "for the original Tenchi characters in GXP?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read it fully and understood that part just fine. But you didn't specify if the ones you listed were just GXP or both GXP and OVA 3, other than Mona Marshall. I'm sorry if my polite request for clarification annoyed you. Thanks for the info anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read it fully and understood that part just fine. But you didn't specify if the ones you listed were just GXP or both GXP and OVA 3, other than Mona Marshall. I'm sorry if my polite request for clarification annoyed you. Thanks for the info anyway.
    I specifically mentioned Mona Marshall, but why don't you read the rest of what it says next to Mona Marshall. That should answer your question. After all, it clearly states this when I mention Mona Marshall being Ryoko in FUNi's Ryo-Ohki. Emphasis has been added to make it more clear.
    "I think Ryoko's VA is the only one who didn't come back for Ryo-Ohki, or one of the very few. If the original VA didn't come back for Ryo-Ohki OVA 3, then they (FUNi) uses the GXP VA's for the characters."

In other words FUNi used as many of the original LA Tenchi VA's in Ryo-Ohki as would come back. If they didn't come back, then and only then did they use the GXP VA.