toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Soul Eater - "Resonance of the Soul – Will Soul Eater Become a Death Scythe?" [2/16] [SERIES PREMIERE]

Like This Thread!

"Like" the official Facebook page!

Watch the series premiere of Soul Eater, tonight @ 1:00a/12:00c, right after Naruto!

Don't forget to tweet using the hashtag #SoulEater during the show!

Soul Eater
    Episode 1 - Number 101

Resonance of the Soul - Will Soul Eater Become a Death Scythe?

Opening 1 - Resonance by T.M. Revolution
    Ending 1 - I Wanna Be by Stance Punks

On the series premiere of Soul Eater...
    Maka is a Meister and Soul is her Weapon. As students at the Grim Reaper’s Death Weapon Meister Academy, their study habits couldn’t be more different. But in battle against the supernatural forces of evil, they’re a freakin’ lethal team. That’s when Soul transforms – literally – into a razor-sharp scythe, and every defeated wicked soul he sucks down makes him more deadly. That’s when Maka unleashes the merciless slayer within, wielding her partner and dropping monsters. Seriously. Monsters. Like the witches, werewolves, and zombies that lurk in the shadows and feed on the souls of the innocent. Every freakish ghoul Maka and Soul take out strengthens their bond, and fighting alongside their fellow Meister/Weapon classmates, Maka and Soul are the world’s last line of defense against evil.

Soul Eater. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be taken to The Anime Forum or sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode.

Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No spoilers, at least not anything you won't learn in the first 5 minutes or so, but here is who you will meet tonight.

Maka Albaran: Maka is a Meister at the prestigious Death Weapon Meister Academy and is the partner to Soul Evans. The two hope to turn Soul into a death scythe by gathering 100 souls- 99 Kishin souls and 1 witch soul.

Soul Evans: A scythe that works with Maka. He hopes to become the greatest scythe in history and dethrone Maka's father- currently known as Death Scythe, as the main scythe the Grim Reaper uses.

Blair: Blair is targeted by Maka and Soul as a witch that will turn Soul into a death scythe. Blair doesn't care much for Maka, but she quickly develops an affection for Soul.

Death: Death is the Principal at the Meister school. Death trains students to keep the world safe from kishin's, knowing that if evil humans aren't stopped from collecting souls they could turn into weapons that will drive the world into chaos and despair. Death is regarded as being the original kishin hunter and the greatest the world has seen.

Spirit Albaran: Maka's father is an individual that gets distracted easily, but he also holds the title of being Death's Death Scythe. Maka joins DWMA out of spite for her father and aims at making sure he can no longer say he is the greatest Death Scythe in the world.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Before the confusion starts later tonight...No, that's not Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Soul, it's Micah Solusod. They just sound strikingly similar
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Sound soul dwells within a sound mind and a sound body." - Maka Albarn

Quote Originally Posted by Dub C View Post
    Before the confusion starts later tonight...No, that's not Johnny Yong Bosch voicing Soul, it's Micah Solusod. They just sound strikingly similar
    Yeah and some roles Johnny voiced in certain projects, Micah happened to replace that role in something related to the project such as voicing whatever Johnny's role would've been in that Fafner movie and voicing Clauss in the recently announced dub cast for the Last Exile sequel (only gets a cameo btw). But if you listen to enough of what this guy gets casted in, you'll realize his voice can subtlely differ from Johnny's.

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is the first series since The Big O where I've seen the episodes before they appeared on Adult Swim. In Soul Eater's case, it was the first five episodes.

Really looking forward to seeing what people think of it.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've seen a couple of the episodes before too. My brother thinks that the anime isn't very good but I'm not picky on what I comment on so it'll do for me.

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the commercials certainly make this look good. Animation-wise, anyway. I'll be watching. Lord knows we need a new show on Toonami that's actually good.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now just bring on some High School of the Dead for blatant popcorn movie entertainment and boom.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My experience with Soul Eater is that I've bought and read the first 10 volumes of the manga, and....yeah, it's good, I guess. I don't think it's anything superb and to be honest, I've decided to stop buying the volumes. I'm not totally sure what it is, but for some reason I just can't get that invested in the series. But I'm still interested in seeing the anime, and who knows; maybe seeing it animated will sway my opinion.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wait, you mean Toonami has a series where a female Soul Reaper gets into fights and actually WINS for a change?

Hmm...keep talking...

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast