toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Poll Catch-Up #3: Better Late Than Never

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bleach: Power of Soul! Los Lobos Attack!
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Aizen: There's always time to die. Why are you in such a hurry? I'm not going anywhere.

1 100.00%
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Rose: You can let go. There is a certain artistic style required when it comes to climbing out of rubble.
    Love: Oh yeah. Well, why don't you work on the art of not getting buried in the first place?

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Love: You have a talking gun? Now thatís what I call weird.
    Lilinette: What of it?! Itís nowhere near as weird as that star-shaped hairdo of yours, ya jerk!

1 100.00%
  • Naruto: Kakashi: Sharingan Warrior!
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Zabuza: All you're doing is copying me. Like a monkey.
    Zabuza/Kakashi (in unison): You can't beat me with cheap tricks. I'll crush you. When I finish with you, you'll never open that monkey mouth again.

0 0%
    Submitted by bigddan11 & animePWNS
    Naruto: That's not the point. Did you see what he did like that? Zabusa was huge, and powerful, like some monster, and this kid, who's no bigger than me, brought down Zabuza with one move, like it was nothing. I mean, what does that make us? We're just fumbling around. We don't know anything. How can I accept that?
    Kakashi: Well, even if you donít accept it, still, it did happen, Naruto. In this world, there are kids who are younger than youÖand yet, stronger than me.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Zabuza (to Kakashi): When I finish with you, youíll never open that monkey mouth again!

0 0%
  • ThunderCats: Native Son
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Javan: The real curse of the Tigers has always been pride. We've never been able to overcome it.

0 0%
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Tygra: Always remember son, you ARE a Tiger. I will be watching you, with pride.

1 100.00%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Javan: You broke a curse, born of pride, through of an act of humility.

0 0%
  • Samurai 7: The Oaths
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Ukyo: Peasents with pitchforks, how very terrifying.

0 0%
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Ukyo: When I was a peasant I despied them, so their mere presence made me sick, but they're kind of cute like this, don't you think?

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kikuchiyo: Kikuchiyo and the boys! Out to kick some Capital ass!

0 0%
  • Sym-Bionic Titan: Under the Three Moons
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Todd: We were thinking a sort of 50's retro mixed with a splash of 80's new wave.
    Maribel: I don't know about that.
    Todd: What's to know? It's fab!

1 100.00%
    Submitted by anmePWNS
    Todd: Itíll be great. Think of it. Girls with crunchy hairspray-dos, neon socks, sweaters hanging off their shoulders, lip gloss, guys in skinny ties, pegged jeans, new wave glassesÖitíll be so tubular!

0 0%
    Submitted by anmePWNS
    Lance: We're going to die because you two can't stop thinking about a stupid dance!
    Illana: No! It's abut home. And family.
    Octus: And making the one you care about cry.

1 100.00%
  • Eureka Seven: Paradise Lost
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Renton: The world is such a beautiful place. Why do people have to fight each other?

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Charles: Freedom is something that you need to actively aquire. It's not something that's given with strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility and prepare yourself for what's to come. Understand, Renton?

0 0%
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Renton: No matter how hoarse I get, if this scream of mine can melt away into the darkness, there is just one thing that I want to tell someone. Eureka, right now, I really need to see you!
    Eureka: Please! I have to know where Renton is! You need him too, don't you, Nirvash?! Nirvash!

0 0%
  • Tenchi Muyo! GXP: The Vengeful and the Wounded
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Cohen: Gentlemen, I'm afraid this plan is physiologically unsound, but since we obviously have nothing to eat, let us eat nothing at all.
    Alan and Barry: Aah.
    Seina, Kiriko, and Amane: Ugh.
    Alan: Well, while your plan may work, I'm not so sure about the taste.
    Barry: The no fat, no calorie fab diet sweeping the cosmos!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    NB: These people are hopeless. They've tried everything except each other!
    Alan, Barry, and Cohen: *Start eating him*
    NB: No! No! Hey! Now wait a minuteóoh! Hey, leave my circuits alone!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Trull: So what do you want for it?
    NB: Iím glad you asked me that. Let me think. Uh, first, I want some girls. Then, I want, uh, more girls. And then, finally, well, you know, girls. Canít have too many of them, you know!
    Trull: Boy, the GP employs some pretty messed up robots. It's a deal.

1 100.00%
  • FMA Brotherhood: Miracle at Rush Valley
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Ed: I know we're not big believers in God, but maybe he could help us, this once.

0 0%
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Ed: Awesome, awesome, awesome!
    Winry: Really, "awesome"? That's all you can think of to describe this?
    Ed: HOw else should I describe it? This is the birth of a new life. Alchemists have worked on that for centuries, and we're still unable to do that. The birth of another person.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Dominic: You ought to be more careful not to strain your outfitting. That could be the reason why his growth is stunted.
    Edward: HEY! SHUT UP! Wait, are you telling me that if my automail was lighter, I would grow taller than this?
    Dominic: It is a possibility.
    Fantasy Alphonse: Wow, brother, you're so big!
    Fantasy Winry: You've grown so tall!
    Fantasy Edward: Next to me, you guys sure look small!

1 100.00%
  • Inuyasha: Kagome's Voice and Kikyo's Kiss
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Inuyasha: It's your spirit I care for, not your appearance.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Inuyasha: What do you mean by ďthe whole thingĒ?! Wait, Kagome, what was I doing when you saw me?! Wait! Tell me, Kagome!
    Kagome: Sit! I mean the whole thing! All of it! I had a front row seat!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Inuyasha: I don't suppose I could have both of them?
    Shippo: Mmgh! You two-timing--
    Miroku: Well, itís a common problem between men such as ourselves. And itís one thing to have both, but another to keep it a secret. For if either girl were to find outÖ
    Kagome: SIT!
    Miroku: That's right, big sit. Huh?
    Shippo: They say that karma includes bad thoughts.
    Miroku: Just as well, we spared him a great deal of grief.

1 100.00%
  • Inuyasha: Enter Sango, The Demon Slayer
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Shippo: It makes me wonder if you haven't taken a few too many blows to the head.
    Inuyasha: Let me test that theory out on you.

1 100.00%
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Spider Lord: A death bed truce among siblings. How sweet.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Sango: Return my weapon. And my armor. I shall avenge my villageÖand destroy this Inuyasha who has slain my kin!

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [1/27]

Like This Thread!
    Sorry I'm running a bit late, but it's time once again for...

TOONAMI: LINE OF THE NIGHT

The rules are as always:

1. Submit your favorite lines from tonight's Toonami broadcast.
    a. Be sure to include the name of the show and, preferably, the name of the character who spoke the line.
    b. If an episode has aired on Toonami within the past 12 months, it cannot have lines submitted. This week, this rule applies to: Cowboy Bebop

2. After a submission period of 4 or 5 days, the quotes will be compiled into a poll (with a maximum of 30 options, you're almost guaranteed to get your line chosen)

3. Vote for your lines, or other lines! People who don't submit lines can vote too!

4. Rinse and repeat next week with bigddan11.

Bleach is back, and we're ready to roll! Don't forget to vote in bigddan11's long-awaited polls, and don't forget to contribute to this one!
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a few of this weeks highlights, though I suspect NB may very well run away with the show if someone submits his line to motivate Alan, Barry, & Cohen or if someone submits his line to spare the women so he can be their new master. These lines I submit though are my favorites from the night, though I don't expect all of them to get on the poll. Choose the ones you think are the best to put on their, along with whatever lines animePWNS submits.

BLEACH- "Power of Soul! Los Lobos, Attack!"
    Aizen: There's always time to die. Why are you in such a hurry? I'm not going anywhere.

Rose: You can let go. There is a certain artistic style required when it comes to climbing out of rubble.
    Love: Oh yeah. Well, why don't you work on the art of not getting buried in the first place?

NARUTO (UNCUT)- "Kakashi: Sharingan Warrior!"
    Zabusa: All you're doing is copying me. Like a monkey.
    Zabusa/ Kakashi (in unison): You can't beat me with cheap tricks. I'll crush you. When I finish with you, you'll never open that monkey mouth again.

Naruto: That's not the point. Did you see what he did like that? Zabusa was huge, and powerful, like some monster ,and this kid, who;s no bigger than me, brought down zabusa with one move, like it was nothing. I mean, what does that make us? We're just fumbling around. We don't know anything. How can I accept that?

ThunderCats- "Native Son"
    Javon: The real curse of the Tigers has always been pride. We've never been able to overcome it.

Javon: You're no longer a tiger. I could never let you lead, and I'm not sure I could ever call you a son.

Tygra: I know you did what you did out of love. I forgive you.

Javon: Always remember son, you ARE a tiger. I will be watching you. with pride.

SAMURAI 7- "The Oaths"
    Ukyo: Peasants with pitchforks, how very terrifying.

Kikuchiya: No, no, no. We're looking for the Emperor so we can put a sword or two through his belly.
    (Everyone laughs)
    Kikuchiya: What? What's so funny?

Ukyo: When I was a peasant I despised them, so there mere presence made me sick, but they're kind of cute like this, don't you think?

SYM-BIONIC TITAN- "Under the Three Moons"
    Todd: We were thinking a sort of 50's retroe mixed with a splash of 80's new wave.
    Maribel: I don't know about that.
    Todd: What's to know? It's fab!

EUREKA 7- "Paradise Lost"
    Renton: The world is such a beautiful place. Why do people have to fight each other?

Charles: Freedom is something that you need to actively aquire. It's not something that's given with strings attached. To be free means to take responsibility and prepare yourself for what's to come. Understand, Renton?

TENCHI MUYO! GXP- "The Vengeful and The Wounded"
    Cohen: Gentlemen, I'm afraid this plan is physiologically unsound, but since we obviously have nothing to eat, let us eat nothing at all.
    Alan and Barry: Aah.
    Seina, Kiriko, and Amane: Ugh.
    Alan: Well, while your plan may work, I'm not so sure about the taste.
    Barry: The no fat, no calorie fab diet sweeping the cosmos!

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: BROTHERHOOD- "Miracle at Rush Valley"
    Winry: Stand up and get to work. Mr. Dominique would respect you more for doing that than for stealing.

Ed: Now, when it really counts, I can do nothing.

Ed: I know we're not big believers in God, but maybe he could help us, this once.

Ed: Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome!
    Winry: Really, awesome? That's all you can think of to describe this?
    Ed: How else should I describe it? This is the birth of a new life. Alchemists have worked on that for centuries, and we're still unable to do that, the birth of another person.

InuYasha- "Kagome's Voice and Kikyo's Kiss"
    InuYasha: It's your spirit I care for, not your appearance.

InuYasha- "Enter Sango, The Demon Slayer"
    Shippo: It makes me wonder if you haven't taken a few too many blows to the head.
    InuYasha: Let me test that theory out on you.

Spider Lord: A death bed truce among siblings. How sweet.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

animePWNS is offline Season 2, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You beat to some of the lines, but thanks, bigddan11. Nice to see someone else contributing for a change. And yes, NB is in here, as well as some of my favorite "sit" moments from IY.

Spoiler:

Bleach #282:
    Love: You have a talking gun? Now thatís what I call weird.
    Lilinette: What of it?! Itís nowhere near as weird as that star-shaped hairdo of yours, ya jerk!

Naruto #9:
    Zabuza (to Kakashi): When I finish with you, youíll never open that monkey mouth again!

Zabuza: How?! Can you see into the future?!
    Kakashi: Yes, this is your last battleÖever!
    *Zabuza is hit by two needles to the neck, and apparently dies*
    ???: You were right, it was his last battle.

(after Naruto's complaint)
    Kakashi: Well, even if you donít accept it, still, it did happen, Naruto. In this world, there are kids who are younger than youÖand yet, stronger than me.

Thundercats #17:
    Javan: You broke a curse, born of pride, through of an act of humility.

Samurai 7 #24:
    Shichiroji: Iíd say Iím nervous, but I keep thinking of what Gorobei-san would say if he were here.
    Kikuchiyo: Yeah! Heíd say, ďNervous? Youíve gotta be kidding! Get out there and die with honor, man!Ē
    *Komachi cries*
    Kirara: Komachi, whatís the matter with you?
    Komachi: I donít want Kiku to die with honor!

Kirara: I promised them that I would be strong, but I feel like Iím breaking.
    Sanae: Take it from someone who has been broken. When youíre heart opens a new window, there is no gain in hiding your eyes from the light.

Kikuchiyo: Kikuchiyo and the boys! Out to kick some Capital ass!

Sym-bionic Titan #17:
    Todd: Itíll be great. Think of it. Girls with crunchy hairspray-dos, neon socks, sweaters hanging off their shoulders, lip gloss, guys in skinny ties, pegged jeans, new wave glassesÖitíll be so tubular!

Lance: Weíre going to die because you two canít stop thinking about a stupid dance!
    Ilana: No! Itís about home. And family.
    Octus: And making the one you care about cry.

Eureka 7 #24:
    Renton: No matter how hoarse I get, if this scream of mine can melt away into the darkness, there is just one thing that I want to tell someone. Eureka, right now, I really need to see you!
    Eureka: Please! I have to know where Renton is! You need him to, donít you, Nirvash?! Nirvash!

Tenchi Muyo! GXP #12:
    NB: These people are hopeless. Theyíve tried everything except each other!
    *Alan, Barry and Cohen start eating him*
    NB: No! No! Hey! Now wait a minuteóoh! Hey, leave my circuits alone!

Trull: So what do you want for it?
    NB: Iím glad you asked me that. Let me think. Uh, first, I want some girls. Then, I want, uh, more girls. And then, finally, well, you know, girls. Canít have too many of them, you know!
    Trull: Boy, the GP employs some pretty messed up robots. Itís a deal.

NB: Your engine is at its limits, isnít it, Captain! The only way to avoid certain destruction is to surrender. Just to show I am not as cruel as you might think, Iím going to spare all the women!
    Amane: Damn you!
    NB: Watch your tongue, dear ladies! Youíre talking to your new master! I wouldnít wish to make me angry, if I were you! Ha ha!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #11:
    Dominic: You ought to be more careful not to strain your outfiting. That could be the reason why his growth is stunted.
    Edward: HEY! SHUT UP! Wait, are you telling me that if my automail was lighter I would grow taller than this?
    Dominic: It is a possibility.
    [fantasy]
    Alphonse: Wow, brother, youíre so big!
    Winry: Youíve grown so tall!
    Edward: Next to me, you guys sure look small!
    [/fantasy]

Inuyasha #23:
    Inuyasha: What do you mean by ďthe whole thingĒ?! Wait, Kagome, what was I doing when you saw me?! Wait! Tell me, Kagome!
    Kagome: Sit! I mean the whole thing! All of it! I had a front row seat!

Inuyasha: I donít suppose I could have both of them?
    Shippo: Mmgh! You two-timingó
    Miroku: Well, itís a common problem between men such as ourselves. And itís one thing to have both, but another to keep it a secret. For if either girl were to find outÖ
    Kagome: SIT!
    Miroku: Thatís right, big sit. Huh?
    Shippo: They say that karma includes bad thoughts.
    Miroku: Just as well, we spared him a great deal of grief.

Inuyasha #24:
    Sango: Return my weapon. And my armor. I shall avenge my villageÖand destroy this Inuyasha who has slain my kin!
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After a very very very long delay (nearly 3 months!), this poll is finally up! Again, sorry for the delay, it was really unexcusable, though I have given my excuses for it in other threads.

Thanks go out to bigddan11 and animePWNS. Due to getting 40 quotes, I had to reduce the amount down to the maximum 30. Coincidentally, it nicely fit into 3 quotes per show (Inuyasha obviously getting 6).

I'm plugging away at the other polls, and I intend to get my backlog (currently just the two February polls and April's first poll) finished before TOM 5's debut this Saturday. But don't hesitate to vote on this somewhat-vintage poll!
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 7/21 - Macross: Do You Remember Love?)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!