toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

BrianLeague is offline Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Sym-Bionic Titan - "Escape from Galaluna" [1/19]

Like This Thread!

'

Watch a new episode of Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami, tonight @ 2:00a/1:00c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hastag #symbionictitan during the show!

Sym-Bionic Titan
    Episode 16 -
    Number 116

Escape from Galaluna

Opening: http://youtu.be/be9o3_kD1ls

This week on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    The events leading up to the trio's departure from Galaluna are recalled.

Last time on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    Spoiler:
    Lance decided to learn to play the guitar after hearing a band, Disenfranchised, at school. Meanwhile, General Steel sent a spy, Steve "Babyface" Stevens, to Sherman High, convinced that whoever was behind Titan was at the school. Though Steve had trouble finding any suspects, he decided to follow Octus, after noticing that he acted weird compared to the other students. Octus, noticing this, tricked Steve into going to the girl's restroom. Later, the trio formed into Titan to defeat a Mutraddi creature in the forest. At first, their weapons had no affect on it, until Lance used his "Chronus Chain." Using the weapon, they successfully defeated the dragon creature and returned to school. Meanwhile, Steve talked to the students about events that happened in "Showdown at Sherman High." The students told him about the trio's heroic acts, which led to Steel to believe Lance, Ilana, and Octus were behind Titan. Lance later met Ian, the leader of Disenfranchised, who played the guitar with him. After, Ian invited Lance to join his band on stage. The next day, Octus told Ilana about Steve. Ilana thought he was just an ordinary student, but when he copied their movements, Ilana told Octus to interrogate Steve. When they learned that Steve was a soldier working for Steel, Octus threatened him to leave, which he did. Later, during Lance's concert, Steel sent more soldiers to watch the three. During this, Octus noticed that the creature was back (as a severed head), so he and Ilana went to look for it. Steve saw this, and tried to get Steel to follow them, until Octus created of Ilana and himself, tricking Steel and Steve. Octus also created a hologram of the Manus armor to give Lance an alibi during the fight. Seeing this, Steel decided that the trio weren't the ones behind Titan. As the concert ended, Octus and Ilana defeated the creature. The next day, the band decided to kick Lance out after realizing that they were only popular because of him. Lance told Ilana and Octus about this, and Ilana suggested the idea of starting their own band called the "Galactic Trio."

Sym-Bionic Titan. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode and episodes that have aired on Adult Swim/Toonami.

Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

animePWNS is offline Finally on VC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last time: everyone was doing early 90s Martin Lawrence imitations (yup, older than the Budweiser meme).
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Hypeathon is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, Race Bandit. We get it.

Uh.... sorry. Bannon. Never really knew how his last name was spelt.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Ilana is watching tribal dancers with Race Bannon. Well, I'm lost.

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like race bannon is her body guard

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is that Race Bannon?

You heard her. Don't worry.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    Is that Race Bannon?
    What? Heck no! It's the Monarch! Can't you tell by the butterfly wings?

Yes, it's Race Bannon.

Jeez, Lance just get's blamed for everything. It's like a Cinderella story with this guy. I guess that's why he's grown to not give a [bleep] anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, Lance. Always getting blamed for things you didn't do.

"Why do we always meet like this?"

Because your soldiers are a bunch of jerkoffs who always jump to conclusions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeeyup! Lance was not trolling sire.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You'll be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Expect the universe's biggest, longest, loudest I-told-you-so.

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh...well at least this time there was a good reason for the commanding officer not to "believe" Lance.

Dang. How many times did they use that sword "klang" sound effect in this episode?

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, this king is really getting into the fighting.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "You were always a good student...too bad I was a lousy teacher!"

Who would have guessed that THIS would be her very first driving lesson?

"Oh, and by the way--I CHEATED ON MY MIDTERMS!!"

I wondered when Octus would show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder how this origin story compares
    Spoiler:
    to the Madoka Magica one?

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SBT has a unique of doing flashback episodes, in that they just do it. There is no setup, there is no remember the time when we, nope non of that.

When I was surprised that "Race Barron" lived at least for now. He might be dead by now, but still I was so thining he is not going make through the episode.

Okay good episode, next week is an episode that I am not looking forward to, I am dreeding it, not that it is a bad written episode, but just oh why, why god, why. But it is something we all saw signs of, but sill doesn't make it any less painful.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looking back at this episode, this might have been a better first episode than the one we got since there would have been more action and a better introduction for at least Lance and Ilana. At the same time, since I don't think most of the action in the series is at the level it was for this episode, it might have been a bit misleading in a sense as the first episode. Still, the action was great, especially the sword fight between Lance and his teacher. The villain himself was pretty boring and we didn't learn why he was willing to betray his people, but the fight was good and I forgot that that Lance killed him off. It was interesting to see how the war started and the goodbye scene between Ilana and her father was touching.

Neo Yi is online now The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    Looking back at this episode, this might have been a better first episode than the one we got since there would have been more action and a better introduction for at least Lance and Ilana. At the same time, since I don't think most of the action in the series is at the level it was for this episode, it might have been a bit misleading in a sense as the first episode. Still, the action was great, especially the sword fight between Lance and his teacher. The villain himself was pretty boring and we didn't learn why he was willing to betray his people, but the fight was good and I forgot that that Lance killed him off. It was interesting to see how the war started and the goodbye scene between Ilana and her father was touching.
    Yeah, it may possibly be a better first episode, but honestly, I'm fine with "Escape to Sherman High" the way it is because it still sets up the premise while getting across the message that Galaluna has been invaded. That's why "Escape From Galaluna" doesn't really work for me. It's exactly the problem I have with Origin Stories; explaining things we already knew. We know Ilana is a kind princess, we know Lance had a troubled past, so no one believing in him until it was too late was expected. We know that Galaluna would fall. Granted, seeing how it happens and how Lance/Ilana/Octus escape is new, but we know the results. It's very light on story and unnecessary as a whole. I guess the only major addition is Ilana's bodyguard who if I remember (I'm recalling all this from memory) is still MIA, so God knows if he was intended to appear in Season Two or something. Sadly a moot point now.

However, it's got probably the best action scene out of all the episodes. Lance vs. his teacher is fast, intense, and extremely well-choreographed. I was blown away.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Yi View Post
    Yeah, it may possibly be a better first episode, but honestly, I'm fine with "Escape to Sherman High" the way it is because it still sets up the premise while getting across the message that Galaluna has been invaded. That's why "Escape From Galaluna" doesn't really work for me. It's exactly the problem I have with Origin Stories; explaining things we already knew. We know Ilana is a kind princess, we know Lance had a troubled past, so no one believing in him until it was too late was expected. We know that Galaluna would fall. Granted, seeing how it happens and how Lance/Ilana/Octus escape is new, but we know the results. It's very light on story and unnecessary as a whole. I guess the only major addition is Ilana's bodyguard who if I remember (I'm recalling all this from memory) is still MIA, so God knows if he was intended to appear in Season Two or something. Sadly a moot point now.

However, it's got probably the best action scene out of all the episodes. Lance vs. his teacher is fast, intense, and extremely well-choreographed. I was blown away.
    I can definitely see how this episode does come off as unnecessary in the grand scheme story-wise since we didn't really learn anything new. Maybe it would have made more sense if they had gotten a second season. I think that's why I kind of would have liked it more if it was the first episode since it would provide something new with introducing the characters. Escape to Sherman High does that as well and it is a good first episode, but this being the first a two-part premiere would have been pretty cool. Like I said before, it might be a bit misleading when the focus is on the group fighting monsters on Earth instead of the fight in Galaluna and the action here is the best out of series, at least from what I remember, so maybe it was for the best to put this in the middle of the season instead.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well the way I see it, the debate on weather this should have been the first episode, is simialr to the debate of weather "Titans Go" should have been the first episode of Teen Titans.

Gatomon41 is online now Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So Ilana is watching tribal dancers with Race Bannon. Well, I'm lost.
    I missed Race? Drats, I missed the episode because my Mom wanted to watch Mr. Deeds. One more reason to dislike Adam Sandler.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila