toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - "A Stormy Voyage" [1/5]

Like This Thread!

Episode 9
    Japanese Title: A Stormy Space Training Mission
    Dub Title: A Stormy Voyage

WARNING: Spoilers will not be tolerated! Yes, I realize this series has been around since 2002, and I realize it did air on the FUNi Colours TV anime block (It aired back in 2006, so this isn't a dub premiere), but this is its first exposure on [adult swim].

Synopsis: Seina Yamda is your average ordinary everyday teenager, if you take away one thing. Seina is the most unlucky boy known of in the entire universe. However Seina has decided to join the prestigious GP Academy. He hopes that the training at the GP will allow him to win the love of his life, assuming that the two women fighting over him don't kill each other first, and assuming he can survive an instructor who always looks down on Earthlings.

TONIGHT:

Spoiler:
    Seina has finally learned to control his body enhancements and has rejoined regular GP training. Now the cadets are headed into space, with none other than Seriyo Tennan as their captain and the zero-godess herself, Amane Kaunaq in the vice-captain's seat. However trouble is sure to arise with Seina on board. Despite Seriyo and Amane having never encountered pirates in space, Seina's bad luck always reigns supreme and attracts unwanted attention. With their weapons off-line, Seriyo finds himself face-to-face with the pirate captain and a fleeing Seina. Which side will prevail?

Your cast of characters:
    Seina Yamada: The main character who seems to have horrible luck. Seina has enlisted in the GP and hopes to use it to his advantage to gain the love of Kiriko.

Kiriko Masaki: A young lady that has always been friends with Seina, despite his horrible luck. Kiriko has always favored Seina and done things like make him cake. Kiriko has been demoted from immigration to the GP Academy as an instructor. Her mission- turn Seina into a man during these next 6 months.

Amane Kaunaq: A mysterious lady that Seina runs into through a horrible series of events. She has asked Seina to join the GP and appears to continually break rules that the GP has set in place. However consequences always follow. Amane has been demoted from second class detective to a GP Instructor for the next 6 months.

NB: NB is a specially made AI Assistant Robot. However Amane decides to tamper with NB, completely altering his original programming. Now NB is willing to serve any of the ladies or his master, but he also has a few ulterior motives.

Kenneth Barr and Rajau Ga Waura: Seina's roommates at the GP. Neither has had a girlfriend, instead choosing to go with an enjoy the moment attitude. Nevertheless the decide to join the GP because they believe that women will love the uniform.

Seiryo Tennan: Seiryo has always had a hatred for Earthlings, but that hatred has grown since Tenchi defeated him in a duel. Now he is an instructor at the GP Academy. Unmatched in him is his love for Amane. He fears that Seina will rub off on Amane and is determined to do everything possible to try and separate the two.

Alan, Barry, and Cohen: These three musketeers are former members of a cargo ship. They have a great love for one Ryoko and blame Seina for not being able to get back into space.

College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last time: Jealousy and paranoia. Oh yeah, and someone's parents turn up, I dunno.

He IS still holding a grudge about what happened the last time he was here.

"I also have a pirate encounter rating of zero!"
    But you don't have breasts.

You know that's just a folding chair with a fake feather boa taped to it, don't you?

"Clear the steam!"
    Can't help it. Toonami censoring.

One less hurdle cleared before seeing Panty and Stocking on Toonami.

And their testes suddenly rescind up into thier torsos.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So... once again... Rajau is the reverse of a Furry Fan.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh I see. Kill Seina and then write him off as a pirate. Stay classy, Seiryo.

Well, you wanted some action.

"Come out and taste my sword!"
    "I bet you say that to all the ladies!"
    Actually that's why they avoid him!! XD XD XD come on you set yourself up for that one.

Again. Panty and Stocking. On Toonami. Count on it.

A KNIFE!! And Pretty Boy kept using lasers!

"What a package!"
    Aren't you a little old to be talking about his--
    "Brains and good looks to match!"
    OHHHHHHHHHH right that's what I thought you meant.

"But Captain Tennan - he's been taken hostage!"
    Definitely acceptable losses.

Besides, he'll just come back next week anyway.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man the GXP has to be one of the most incompetently run organizations ever; and they are in charge of safe guarding the galaxy
    I mean, the main reason they recruited seina in the first place is because they that he would work as a magnet for pirates and yet they did not bother to take any kind of precaution when sending him into space with all of the other recruits.Given the reasons they were recruiting seina they should have expected this unexpected outcome and had battleship on standby. Every single one of them could have been killed, and one of their officers even got captured by pirates.

And really; 9 episodes and we finally get a chance to see some action and it seems like all we get is uselessness and poeple getting stuck in goop

Oh and...
    "what kind of Captain drags a cadet into battle?"
    Your concern is noted pirate who just attacked a ships with hundreds of cadets onboard.

"And he's resourceful too"
    getting out was ok, but I wouldn't call "following instructions" a sign of resourcefulness... heck the preverted robot seems more useful. Really couldn't have seina figured out how to turn the thing off on his own? that would atleast showed SOMETHING worth credit. And i can't help but note that Seina could get out with a knife when the pirate needed a chainsaw... honestly how strong can that goop be if you can get out with a knife. Not to mention that GXP officers are supposed to have super human strength from augmentations. Really they made a big deal about those augmentations and yet they do not even come up.

Though really if i was a pirate and saw my captain in such a ridiculous position i'd consider mutiny... She seems less useful than the rest of the crew who were busy raiding the ship. Then again the whole crew are probably morons... i mean they see her stuck in goop and can't even figure out what she needs a chainsaw for. Not to mention that they all just leave for no real reason. Why did they attack the ship in the first place? what was their goal here?

"What a package!"
    "Brains and good looks to match!"

*groan* Why does every woman in the universe seem to have a thing for children? Really i don't thing I've ever seen a worst protagonist for a harem series.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I swear if Toonami ever uses that clip of Seina saying "Hey NB where are ya going?" NB: "To find something good to watch!" they will be the ultimate trolls and I will be quite amused.

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really wasn't watching too much of this when it aired, but from what i saw it seemed pretty good. I actually wouldn't mind watching this show in full online or on dvds. But on Toonami? Coming after the renton gets beat show and before brotherhood really just turns me off to this.