toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Master C is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will Adult Swim ever rebrand?

Like This Thread!
    We've been seeing the same bumps for almost 10 years now. The [as] bumps look very boring to me now. I wonder if 2013 will finally be the year that [adult swim] rebrands...

I personally like this one:
    http://youtu.be/9s7tqUkLWjs
    http://youtu.be/u3NXaVRcwz8

Even though the above rebrand is meant for an [as] network, I think it would be a great rebrand for the block.
    Last edited by The Master C; 01-04-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If a rebrand ever happens, the one thing I hope doesn't change is the commercial break format. Unlike CN proper, AS has kept the "one commercial break during a show/one commercial break between shows" format, along with not marginalizing the end credits of each show. CN, like most channels these days, has adopted the "three commercial breaks during a show" format since 2004. I know it's a minor nitpick, but I far prefer viewing shows with minimal interruptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
    If a rebrand ever happens, the one thing I hope doesn't change is the commercial break format. Unlike CN proper, AS has kept the "one commercial break during a show/one commercial break between shows" format, along with not marginalizing the end credits of each show. CN, like most channels these days, has adopted the "three commercial breaks during a show" format since 2004. I know it's a minor nitpick, but I far prefer viewing shows with minimal interruptions.
    I hope that doesn't change, either. If it does, then Toonami would have to make extra bumpers like "(show name here) will be right back" and "(show name here) now continues".

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master C View Post
    We've been seeing the same bumps for almost 10 years now. The [as] bumps look very boring to me now. I wonder if 2013 will finally be the year that [adult swim] rebrands...

I personally like this one:
    Adult Swim Network Identity Rebrand Exercise - YouTube
    Adult Swim Network Identity Rebrand Ver. 2 - YouTube

Even though the above rebrand is meant for an [as] network, I think it would be a great rebrand for the block.
    That's a very slick look that would have been great for ASA if Toonami didn't come back.

It's hard to imagine Adult Swim without the black and white bumps. That's where a lot of their personality is visible to the viewers. Some people even watch the shows on Adult Swim because of the text bumps.

All kids out of the pool and the custom life guard bumps were fun though so they could probably come up with something else eventually.

Here I thought this thread was going to talk about renaming Adult Swim and that's something they should possibly consider but they live by a "if it's not broken, don't fix it" policy.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They could rename Adult Swim, but I doubt they would want to.

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I honestly can't picture adult swim any other way than they are right now. i can remember back to the swimming pool days, but it's just really hard to imagine all of [as] being like that now. A rebrand like you talk about could work really well for them, but I think i'd still miss the black and white bumps.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would think that white text on a black screen is very cheap to make, so maybe that's why they've stuck with it for so long.

Probably why the new Toonami recycled its 2005 packaging.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe they just don't have the money to rebrand yet. I would also like to see Toonami rebrand with a different TOM (like the conceptual TOM 4 pictured below), but that'll come when they get more money.

Adult Swim could do the bumps in the font displayed in the 1st post of the thread if (by an extremely remote chance) they rebrand to the style in the 1st post.
    Last edited by The Master C; 01-05-2013 at 04:44 PM.

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AS' trademark has become abstract, sarcastic humor in a very minimalist fashion, so if it works, it ain't gonna be fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's gonna stop working sometime...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast