toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Idea of a Toonami channel

Like This Thread!

A Toonami channel could work fine if the block on AS does pretty well. It could simply replace Boomerang as a 24/7 ad-supported action channel. While Boomerang could just go back to being a block on either Cartoon Network or TCM. I know it doesn't happening anytime soon, but anything's possible.

Do you think a Toonami channel would work? Share you're opinions.

Go visit my new blog, Cartoon Central for reviews, games, fun and more!

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think that they would need to get a lot more new shows to be an ad-supported channel. Not to mention a huge budget just to become a channel. While it sounds nice, I'm okay with just having a Toonami block. Getting a channel would probably be way too difficult for them to do. Maybe if the block does really well, they could try to get it a run their weekday lineup, like maybe an hour or two, but I'm fine with just having the block.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah let's just see if Toonami can start an hour earlier before we jump to a full channel.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The difference between a Toonami channel and Boomerang is that Boomerang is easier to maintain.

CN owns the entire Hanna-Barbera library and their own original shows, so they save themselves a lot of money on programming.

Toonami won't be so easy. They'd have to purchase the rights to a lot of anime and action programming from third-parties, and continually pay for the rights to those shows.

As of right now, Toonami is fine at 6 hours, one night a week. A 24/7 network would be strenuous on its already limited budget.