toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Scirel is offline WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Startin Naruto from the beginning.. Why?

Like This Thread!
    They should have at least started with Shippuden. It will take forever to get caught up if it even does at 1 ep per week. I`m trying to see the logic here.
    I am the squid of the vapor surrounding your dreams, sorrow, nightmares, and bootie pants. So watch out about that.

- Raocow

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney still has the rights to Shippuden according to Jason DeMarco. They can't get it until Disney's contract is up.

They are paying for Naruto with each episode they run. That's why they can't double up either. At the same time, Naruto's been highly requested so they're gonna give Naruto a shot to see if it can pull down some ratings.

Also, it's a show that will be left untouched by standards and practices and they want to show the uncut footage from the very start. The hope is by starting over they can win over newbies as well as pull in those who've lapsed.

I am sure AS will double up once Shippuden becomes available and if Naruto's ratings are strong.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scirel View Post
    They should have at least started with Shippuden. It will take forever to get caught up if it even does at 1 ep per week. I`m trying to see the logic here.
    Well there are numerous reasons(I'll just go ahead and name the obvious):

1)Disney still has the rights to Shippuden sadly.
    2)Naruto instead of no Naruto series at all is better : ).
    3) It can help bring its audience back in by starting the series from the start.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since Disney still owns the right to Shippuden, they can't air it for the time being. Even then, starting off with uncut Naruto makes sense. It will appeal both the fans of the series, as well possibly get the attention of new fans, which could give them good ratings. Considering that it costs money to air just one episode of any series, they really can't afford two episodes of Naruto a night, especially when that would take up an hour and a half of the block. I think that they could do that at some point if Naruto does well in ratings, which it probably will, they get a bigger budget and the block gets another hour, but for now, they can just air one episode a night.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Would you rather they start at episode 40?

HUBTigers87 is offline Sign Holder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another probable bonus to starting over, with it being 'uncut' is hearing at least the original intros. We heard ROCKS play 'in' the episode, didn't have an intro theme. There's that chance we'll see the actual opening slides to Episode 2. We also didn't hear intro #3 (Kanashimi wo Yasashisani). When CN's Toonami played the series, original intro #2 (Haruka Kanata) was used as dub #3 with different slides.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | GO WINNING TEAM!

Let the bag out of the cat.