toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mr. Anime is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uncut One Piece on Toonami coming next?

Like This Thread!
    Alright, so the news that Toonami will be airing the original Naruto anime series uncut got me thinking. Since the block now has Bleach AND Naruto then maybe they should take the next logical step of completing the "Holy Trinity" of Shonen Jump by airing One Piece. Seeing as about 90% of the New Toonami's anime intake comes from Funimation, it shouldn't be too hard to get back the rights for it at a low price. And I think it would do wonders for the program ratings-wise if it were to air at the beginning of the block right next to Bleach and Naruto. Think it could be possible in the very near future?

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm not sure about that happening in the near future. Three long-running Shonen series on their lineup might be a bit much at the moment and even with most of the anime they're currently airing coming from Funimation, it still might be too expensive to get One Piece from them as well due to their small budget. I do think that it is possible that they could get One Piece and I think that would be pretty cool. Although, I don't think it's going to happen until either Bleach ends or if they can expand the block so that they can include two episodes of One Piece each week.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The reason Toonami was able to get Naruto back was because they lobbied to the big bosses for more money specifically for it. CN knows very well that Naruto was once a huge hit for them, and therefore there was a valid case to be made. One Piece, unfortunately, never quite reached that momentum while it aired on Toonami. The fact that CN cancelled One Piece from the block certainly doesn't make it look any better.

If the Toonami team seriously wants One Piece, they'll either have to wait for Toonami overall to get a bigger budget, or try really hard to convince CN why they should give One Piece another shot. Hopefully Naruto really does improve Toonami's ratings, and the first option becomes more likely.

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see One Piece finally find a home on Toonami after not being on the air for what seems like forever, personally I'm not a One Piece fan but I wouldn't have any issues with it airing on Toonami and it would give me a chance to check it out again and see if my opinion of it has changed. Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece all airing on Toonami would just strengthen the block, the state of anime in the U.S, and the "holy trinity" of anime as a whole so I don't see why Toonami and FUNi can't work together to get this done.

Time will tell.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

G1Ravage is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn. Damn. Damn. DAMN!!!

I'm on the Toon Zone iPhone app, and the thread subject was abbreviated to "Uncut One Piece on Toonami Coming".

I nearly fell out of my seat, until I clicked on it....
    Vegas...now??

Lanmanna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtar View Post
    The reason Toonami was able to get Naruto back was because they lobbied to the big bosses for more money specifically for it. CN knows very well that Naruto was once a huge hit for them, and therefore there was a valid case to be made. One Piece, unfortunately, never quite reached that momentum while it aired on Toonami. The fact that CN cancelled One Piece from the block certainly doesn't make it look any better.

If the Toonami team seriously wants One Piece, they'll either have to wait for Toonami overall to get a bigger budget, or try really hard to convince CN why they should give One Piece another shot. Hopefully Naruto really does improve Toonami's ratings, and the first option becomes more likely.
    Actually, Funimation One Piece had respectable ratings on Toonami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would pefer it as one piece would be the only thing that wouldnt be all reruns because shippuden or final act will never see the light of day on toonmai even after thier main shows are over if disney or neon alley have anything to say about it.

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm pretty sure someone said a while ago that neon alley won't effect toonami from getting the shows that are airing on it. i mean, streaming and tv rights are 2 different things, right?

i would love to see one piece on the new toonami. the 4kids dub turned me off to it when i first watched it, and i keep pushing it back on my anime watch list just because it's so long, so it would be a godsend to me if toonami eventually airs it.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna
    Well, we only heard from FUNimation that the ratings had gone up, back when their episodes started. However, Toonami answered on Tumblr recently that the reason One Piece got pulled was because it's ratings weren't good enough to continue paying for more episodes. We never saw the exact ratings during that time period, unfortunately, so we'll never know the full story. It could have simply been CN wanting Naruto sized ratings, but One Piece was never quite there.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna View Post
    That's true, but the Funimation dub of One Piece wasn't a huge success like Naruto was, which I think Ishtar was referring to when he said that the dub didn't reach that kind of momentum. If they had to lobby their bosses for the money just to get Naruto, which actually was more of a rating success than the Funimation dub of One Piece was, then the chances of getting One Piece anytime soon are pretty slim, especially when they didn't bother to keep the Funimation dub on for the rest of the original run of Toonami. It's still possible that they could get One Piece at some point, but getting more of a budget and/or extending the block would probably make that more likely to happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast