toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Sym-Bionic Titan - "Shadows of Youth" [11/24]

Like This Thread!

Watch a new episode of Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami, tonight @ 2:00a/1:00c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hastag #symbionictitan during the show!

Sym-Bionic Titan
    Episode 8 -
    Number 108

Shadows of Youth

Opening: http://youtu.be/be9o3_kD1ls

This week on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    Lance flashes back to his time at the Galalunan military academy shortly after the death of his father.

Last time on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    Spoiler:
    Using Sym-Bionic Titan, the group defeated a blob Mutraddi. However, a small piece survived and followed them to school, where it reassembled itself and attacked while they were vulnerable. The creature encompassed the school, taking the whole student body prisoner. While Lance and Ilana fought for their lives and the other students, Octus had to devise a means to defeat the creature- which turned out to be cell phone signals.

Heads up: Sym-Bionic Titan will be airing at 2:30AM beginning next Saturday.

Sym-Bionic Titan. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode and episodes that have aired on Adult Swim/Toonami.

Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see we're taking the Stephen King homicidal school bully route.

Now, Lance, it doesn't matter who STARTED it, it's JUST as bad that you fought back.

Baron just got away with attempted murder.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    I see we're taking the Stephen King homicidal school bully route.
    Holy crap, I was thinking the same thing.

And this is why I'm glad they're re-airing this show, since I didn't catch this episode the first time around.

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was I the only one that thought this episode just screamed Ender's Game?
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Holy crap, I was thinking the same thing.
    Is there a Stephen King Trope I'm not aware of?

Not very many comments on this yet. Some people didn't like it when it first aired because the bullies got away with everything constantly, while Lance got blamed.....I thought it was about right. That's real life.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: It's been a while, but they've finally returned....press kits, prototypes, gorgeous neon signs, Sonic with a watermelon.....it must be THINGS YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE, Summer '14 Edition!

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    Is there a Stephen King Trope I'm not aware of?

Not very many comments on this yet. Some people didn't like it when it first aired because the bullies got away with everything constantly, while Lance got blamed.....I thought it was about right. That's real life.
    It's one of many cliches in Stephen King movies. Gotta take place in Maine, gotta have abusive alcoholics, gotta have irredeemable bullies who are not above committing murder.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Superman: The Musical
    I review stuff on HubPages.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Chan looks like an angel next to Baron. Man that guy was a creep. Unique episode in that it was a complete flashback, there is no setup in the present day to the flashback.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I remember how I felt after watching this episode the first time and seeing it again still left me feeling pretty sad at the end. While the bully getting away with everything and the victim getting all the blame is how real life tends to work, it was still too depressing for me because of how often that happened to me. Plus, Baron got away with attempted murder. He really should have been punished for that, instead of Lance getting punished. Baron being the typical bully for no good reason was also kind of a turn off. It's just a boring way of making a villain without giving any kind of depth or reasoning of his behavior.

Seeing more of Lance's past was nice, especially when I prefer most of the focus on their home world over most of the Earth problems they deal with. It adds a bit more to Lance working out in the middle of the night and it shows how he went from the denial to the acceptance stage of grief for his father. I would have preferred some sign of Baron being punished at the end, instead of his father bailing him out, but it was still a pretty interesting episode.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this is kind of spoilish of what won't happen.

Spoiler:
    We never to got to see present day Baron. I wonder who would have been a good voice of him.

I don't know if Genn answered this question, if so could someone tell me if we gotten a season 2, would we have seen present day Baron. If so, they could have gone a few interesting directions with him.

1) Be the same duchbag he always was. Maybe he even betray his own people.

2) Reformed as a nice guy. Sometimes bully in later years turn over a new leaf. Though mostly as adults, not as teenagers. And as we soon see in the series, they do reform bully like characters.

3) Still a jerk, but not to the extreme of siding with the villains.

Either way, duchbag or reformed duchbag he probably would have been Lance's rival for Ilanna.
    Last edited by zoombie; 11-29-2012 at 09:38 PM.

StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My guess: he might behind the invasion somehow. Doesn't it seem a little coincidental that he, a high class soldier, wouldn't be around when it happened? Plus, how did the General gain those eye beam powers on his hat when Mutraddi are obviously too primitive? Something tells me the General may just be a puppet to the real mastermind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast