Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Space Cadet is online now I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Morel Orel - "Beforel Orel" [11/19]

Like This Thread!
    A brand new special from the Morel Orel universe makes its world television debut tonight at 12:30 AM Eastern. The special is an origin story for both Orel and his brother Shapey. What depressing things will be in this episode? Tune in to find out.

PunkPhantom is offline Addicted to Toons & Tunes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so excited. Moral Orel is by far my favorite Adult Swim series.
    "Pencil... Paper... Combine" -JG Quintel
    "Though he acts intoxicated, he's just highly animated!" -Max Goof
    March 14, 2013 Vancouver, BC

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Orel's grandfather is awesome. I really did want to see him again after that flashback episode. And Clay, ever the cowardly bastard.

That labor scene was grotesque though. Ugh.

Rawr is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This special was great.

Orel's grandfather was awesome. Could easily be one of the better characters *atlease imo* if this leads to a revival of the series.

A clueless Orel that didn't know about god was also shocking and added much to me enjoying this series (and again this could lead into a great character development with this aspect).

The birthing scene was a bit much, but did have me chuckling a bit with Bloberta having to deliver her own child.

The writing was still clever to me and still seems completely different then most of Adult Swim's other shows. Enjoyed the song that played with Orel & his granddad and thought it really fit into the scenes well.

All in all, I hope this does well and more episodes continue after the special.
    ~lurk~

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also chiming 'great' and the awesomeness of Grandpa (the letter at the end was heartwarming). The voices seemed a little off, but it has been 4 years.
    I'm actually surprised that Clay's dad survived the episode.

Dino tweeted about a possible prequel series, but I think we've covered enough, not to mention we know it's all downhill for Moralton from here. I'd rather there'd be a new special about Orel's maturity between Honor's end and the flash-forward, escaping his family and hell of a town, his naivety fading but his innocence still strengthened.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    I'd rather there'd be a new special about Orel's maturity between Honor's end and the flash-forward, escaping his family and hell of a town, his naivety fading but his innocence still strengthened.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I'd also like to see some of the other characters get some kind of happy closure like Joe and his mother did, as well as seeing some others finally get their comeuppance. And for Orel to meet with his grandfather again in that time period. I know it's all wishful thinking, but season 3 is what got me into the series and it's such a shame we never got to see a bunch of the ideas Dino had for the second half come to fruition. That season was easily some of the darkest and most interesting television I had seen.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is the reason why Moral Orel was such a great show. The writing and character development in this special is as strong as it was in the rest of the series.
    I'm so glad they gave Dino another chance, and it was nice to see a loose end tied up. Thank you, Adult Swim.

Kitschensyngk is online now back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Missed it on Monday. Late basketball game.

Good to see that Orel had at least ONE positive influence in his family.

Bloberta delivering her own baby. I kinda figured.

"Have you ever heard of a place called...HELL?!"

Splitting knife-ache.

Moral Orel, twisted as it was, was one of Adult Swim's best shows. Nothing like a prequel special to remind me how much I've missed it.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!