toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Which of the 3 do you like the most?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fooly Cooly

6 60.00%
  • Deadman Wunderland

2 20.00%
  • Casshern Sins

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bklien is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why didn't they repeat Deadman or Casshern but they reran the six episodes of Fooly Cooly over and over again?

Like This Thread!
    Any ideas?

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They no longer have the rights to air Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins. They still have FLCL, and I assume the reason why it's been aired so much is because it brings in ratings.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Simple, Toonami managed to pay less for FUNi's shows by only airing them for one run.

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    FLCL was acquired years ago, back when Adult Swim was still young.

Williams Street had a larger budget back then, so they could afford to air shows much longer.

Since they're running Toonami on a shoestring budget, they can't afford that same luxury nowadays.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As Ishtar said, they only snagged Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins for one run. Paying for a single run must be much cheaper than buying the airing rights for an entire year (or however long typical acquisition contracts are set up).

FLCL, on the other hand, is part of the Adult Swim Action trinity, alongside Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell; three series that Adult Swim consistently renews the rights to, to the point of seeming to perpetually own them (though this is now true of GitS). Whereas Bebop is one of WS' favorite anime, and they somehow now outright own GitS, FLCL gets to be the show they drag out every so often for either schedule filler or just a special run. It's very short too, so the airing rights must cost much less than most other shows.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 8/18 - Animazement 2014)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Monte is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not only is it cheaper for them to just air the show once, but i think it may even make for an interesting ratings strategy. By changing the shows the way they do, Toonami can actually make sure that their is ALWAYS something new to watch during the block. It keeps things fresh...

bklien is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was the only problem, like I heard, with Detective Conan, the number of episodes? They've aired Bleach, Family Guy and to an extent Naruto WHICH HAVE LOTS OF episodes.

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bklien View Post
    Was the only problem, like I heard, with Detective Conan, the number of episodes? They've aired Bleach, Family Guy and to an extent Naruto WHICH HAVE LOTS OF episodes.
    It got poor ratings and Adult Swim didn't treat it with much respect. They pushed it further into the night around halfway through the premieres, which made the ratings even worse still.

dumbfoolkid5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guess this means no Code Geass ether huh?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using toonzone. And I'm a loner at heart.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Theoretically no Code Geass but they got Eureka 7 back so it isn't entirely out of the question. I'd prefer they not re-air it myself and while Bandai is being restructured it may not be an option.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast