toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: An ancient evil awakens, turning this decrepit form into MUMM-RA! THE EVER-LIVING!

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bleach: Hirako and Aizen...The Reunion of Fate!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Lisa: How long are you going to lay there PLAYING DEAD?!! *kicks Kyoraku awake*

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Hachigen: Here's some friendly advice. Strangers don't always need a good reason to team up with each other in battle. Sometimes, that's just the way these situations work out.
    Lisa: Rememeber, the enemy of your enemy is likely to be your ally. Reason enough to join forces!
    Toshiro: I suppose you're right.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Rose: Uniting against a common enemy is not that surprising. It's said to be one of humanity's bad habits, but that's not true. The fact is there's a more compelling reason. Everything's driven by a basic instinct for survival. There's a large body of research that shows it's at those times when spiritual unions are at their most--AH! Why did you smack me in the head?!
    Love: Because we're all finished talking about that subject. So step off your pedestal and start focusing your energy on the problem at hand.

0 0%
  • Toonami: Halo 4 Review
    TOM: I've been down with Halo from the beginning, and as a fellow member of the Helmeted Woken Up from Extended Sleep Club, when I heard Master Chief was back, I enlisted day one.

1 50.00%
  • Toonami: Halo 4 Review
    TOM: You start off fighting the Covenant, but soon it's a whole new enemy: the Prometheans. They--are--a b!tch, in the best Halo way.

1 50.00%
  • Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Seize the Day
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Taguchi: Look him up in the dictionary and it'll read, "bad luck".

0 0%
  • Tenchi Muyo! GXP: Seize the Day
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Seina: Look, thanks for rescuing me, but can I have my pants back?!

0 0%
  • Samurai 7: The Attack
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Gorobei: It's quiet. Too quiet. They can hide the sound, but not the smell.
    [u] Shinichiroji:[/br] Gorobei: Means this evening's program has just been altered.

0 0%
  • Samurai 7: The Village
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Okara: You're popular with the girls, samurai. But you're back is vulnerable. If I was an assassin, you would already be dead. *Tchi-tchi-tchi-tchi-tchi*

0 0%
  • ThunderCats: Journey to the Tower of Omens
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Wilykit: Ooh, I know what they're doing *kissy kissy*
    Lion- O: No, we were just trying to get..my...sword to work!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Wilykit: You okay, Panthro?
    Panthro: I never told you guys, but I can't swim!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Panthro (to Tygra): Close that mouth, you're drooling.

0 0%
  • Sym-Bionic Titan: Shaman of Fear
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Fake Sombra: Illana, you never returned. Everything is gone now.

0 0%
  • Eureka Seven: The Beginning
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Dominic: Where's north? Tell me which way north is on this map.
    Renton: North is always up. And by the way, you've got that reversed.
    Dominic: It's up? Reversed? Where?
    Renton: Oh, brother. He's seriously nuts.

0 0%
  • Eureka Seven: The Beginning
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Dominic: Well, it looks like we both fell for some troublesome ladies.

0 0%
  • FMA Brotherhood: He Who Would Swallow God
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Wrath/Bradley: I myself have never believed in faith or God. If they exist, perhaps this is their way of divine dustice and providence. And it seems they sent a visitor to do the deed. Here to avenge your grandfather? Very well, go ahead.

0 0%
  • FMA Brotherhood: He Who Would Swallow God
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Pride: Why are you interfering?! Kimblee, why?!
    Kimblee: Not my choice. I was perfectly content, but when you decided to throw away you honor as a homonculus, you forced me step in. You speak of your precious pride, a quality for which you were named. But then you suddenly find yourself in grave danger, and you seek to escape into the body of a human, a lower life form that you so despise. It's pathetic. You're a disgrace!

0 0%
  • FMA Brotherhood: A Fierce Counterattack
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Edward: *Lays the smackdown on Father*
    Armstrong: Nice, Ed, just keep going.
    Zampano: Go kid!
    Darius: Elric!
    Briggs: Yeah!!! Let him have it!
    Hawkeye: Kick his ass, Ed!
    Izumi: Go, Ed!
    Armstrong: Fight, Edward Elric!
    Briggs: Goooo!!
    Ling: Greed, this is what you desperately wanted, isn't it?
    May: Please don't die!
    Hohenheim: Go Edward!
    Lan Fan: Fight on!
    Mustang: Fullmetal!
    Greed: Yeah, you're right. This is what I wanted. I wanted the chance to have friends like these.
    Edward: Get up, you novice! I'm about to show you how outclassed you really are!! This fight you lose!!!

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [11/10]

Like This Thread!
    Happy Veteran's Day everybody! Time for a new Line of the Night with two brand new additions: Tenchi Muyo! GXP and Inuyasha!

Vote on your favorite quotes from each of the 9 shows tonight, and we'll have a big ol' poll of them later in the week. As greatly appreciated as animePWNS' quotes are, it would be even more appreciated if we could get some other people to submit quotes for once. No sense making these polls if only one person is submitting the lines!

Lines submissions set? Ready...go!
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it seems Inuyasha isn't the only one rerunning shows. Cowboy Bebop showed eps 20 and 21 when it was supposed to air 11 and 12. I'm skipping all those tonight since I already submitted them. Unless you want "Man, hate theme parks"...just because.
    Hopefully we'll get lines from Yura next week...
    Spoiler:

Bleach #279:
    Lisa: How long are you going to lay there PLAYING DEAD?!! *kicks Kyoraku awake*

Hachigen: Here's some friendly advice. Strangers don't always need a good reason to team up with each other in battle. Sometimes, that's just the way these situations work out.
    Lisa: Rememeber, the enemy of your enemy is likely to be your ally. Reason enough to join forces!
    Toshiro: I suppose you're right.

Rose: Uniting against a common enemy is not that surprising. It's said to be one of humanity's bad habits, but that's not true. The fact is there's a more compelling reason. Everything's driven by a basic instinct for survival. There's a large body of research that shows it's at those times when spiritual unions are at their most--AH! Why did you smack me in the head?!
    Love: Because we're all finished talking about that subject. So step off your pedestal and start focusing your energy on the problem at hand.

Halo 4 Review:
    TOM: I've been down with Halo from the beginning, and as a fellow member of the Helmeted Woken Up from Extended Sleep Club, when I heard Master Chief was back, I enlisted day one.

TOM: You start off fighting the Covenant, but soon it's a whole new enemy: the Prometheans. They--are--a b!tch, in the best Halo way.

Tenchi Muyo! GXP #1:
    Taguchi: Look him up in the dictionary and it'll read, "bad luck".

Seina: Look, thanks for rescuing me, but can I have my pants back?!

Samurai 7 #13:
    Gorobei: It's quiet. Too quiet. They can hide the sound, but not the smell.
    Shinichiroji: Hm? What's that mean?
    Gorobei: Means this evening's program has just been altered.

Thundercats #6:
    Wilykit: Ooh, I know what they were doing! *kissy kissy*
    Lion-O: No, we were just trying to get...my...sword to work!

Wilykit: You okay, Panthro?
    Panthro: I never told you guys, but I can't swim!

Panthro (to Tygra): Close that mouth, you're drooling.

Sym-Bionic Titan #6:
    Fake Sombra: Ilana, you never returned. Everything is gone now.

Eureka 7 #13:
    Dominic: Where's north? Tell me which way north is on this map.
    Renton: North is always up. And by the way, you've got it reversed.
    Dominic: It's up? Reversed? Where?
    Renton: Oh, brother. He's seriously nuts.

Dominic: Well, it looks like we both fell for some troublesome ladies.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #61:
    Wrath/Bradley: I myself have never believed in faith or God. If they exist, perhaps this is their way of divine dustice and providence. And it seems they sent a visitor to do the deed. Here to avenge your grandfather? Very well, go ahead.

Pride: Why are you interfering?! Kimblee, why?!
    Kimblee: Not my choice. I was perfectly content, but when you decided to throw away you honor as a homonculus, you forced me step in. You speak of your precious pride, a quality for which you were named. But then you suddenly find yourself in grave danger, and you seek to escape into the body of a human, a lower life form that you so despise. It's pathetic. You're a disgrace!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #62:
    *Edward lays the smackdown on Father!*
    Armstrong: Nice, Ed, just keep going.
    Zampano: Go kid!
    Darius: Elric!
    Briggs: Yeah!!! Let him have it!
    Hawkeye: Kick his ass, Ed!
    Izumi: Go, Ed!
    Armstrong: Fight, Edward Elric!
    Briggs: Goooo!!
    Ling: Greed, this is what you desperately wanted, isn't it?
    May: Please don't die!
    Hohenheim: Go Edward!
    Lan Fan: Fight on!
    Mustang: Fullmetal!
    Greed: Yeah, you're right. This is what I wanted. I wanted the chance to have friends like these.
    Edward: Get up, you novice! I'm about to show you how outclassed you really are!! This fight you lose!!!
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by animePWNS View Post
    Well it seems Inuyasha isn't the only one rerunning shows. Cowboy Bebop showed eps 20 and 21 when it was supposed to air 11 and 12. I'm skipping all those tonight since I already submitted them. Unless you want "Man, hate theme parks"...just because.
    Ah yes, that's right. Since this was the first week since Toonami's return to have repeats (as in, already aired on Toonami), it's time for a new rule:

If an episode has already aired on [as] Toonami within the span of a year, it is ineligible for Line of the Night submissions.

Cowboy Bebop will be eligible for submissions again when we get back around to episodes 11-14, which have not aired on Toonami yet.

Still looking for submissions for anyone else who might want to post some! I'd extend the submission period to tomorrow, but this week is hectic for me, so tonight may have to be the deadline.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The poll is up!