toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Sym-Bionic Titan - "Shaman of Fear" [11/10]

Like This Thread!

Watch a new episode of Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami, tonight @ 2:00a/1:00c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hastag #symbionictitan during the show!

Sym-Bionic Titan
    Episode 6 -
    Number 106

Shaman of Fear

Opening: Sym-Bionic Titan Opening

This week on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    Lance and Ilana suffer from nightmares induced by a shaman-like Mutraddi who preys upon their fears.

Last time on Sym-Bionic Titan...
    Spoiler:
    Lance developed a rivalry with a street-racing gang leader named Mike Chan, also called the White Dragon. When Lance's rivalry got him arrested, Ilana forced him to get a driver's license because he wanted to race Mike again. During the driver's test, he was harassed by Mike's gang, followed by a long limbed Mutraddi monster. Lance managed to escape the monster, and his instructor passed him in gratitude. After, Lance, Ilana and Octus defeated the monster and Mike Chan was taken into police custody by the detective who was trying to catch him.

Sym-Bionic Titan. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode and episodes that have aired on Adult Swim/Toonami.

Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well if you enjoyed last week's episode of Eureka Seven, you might enjoy this one. Time for another trippie episode.

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ya know, after watching the My Little Pony season premiere earlier today, it's so freaky how I didn't connect between Twilight and Ilana's character until just now. I mean, yeah. They're both voiced by Tara Strong, but I didn't realize how similar those two character's are in personality.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Well if you enjoyed last week's episode of Eureka Seven, you might enjoy this one. Time for another trippie episode.
    Except in this case, there's actually a sense of logic into these dream scenes, rather than just random trippy scenes, and connects more with the characters' personal conflicts. I still don't get almost all of those scenes in that Eureka Seven episode.

This is one of the better episodes since it just handles the new monster of the week in such a refreshing way. Instead of just automatically going for a giant monster, attacking Lance and Ilana through their fears and emotional vulnerability is a more interesting way to go about weakening Titan. It also gives more insight into their personalities, although Ilana being terrified about what has happened to their home planet isn't too surprising. This is the first time we got some insight into Lance's past if I recall correctly, so that helps to make him a bit more interesting. Besides all that, I like the idea of exploring characters' worst nightmares and having them being unable to tell what is a dream and what isn't. That's always been a really interesting idea to me.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    Ya know, after watching the My Little Pony season premiere earlier today, it's so freaky how I didn't connect between Twilight and Ilana's character until just now. I mean, yeah. They're both voiced by Tara Strong, but I didn't realize how similar those two character's are in personality.
    Also funny how this week's episode, the villain used similar of King Sombra, using someone's fear against them.

Neo Yi is online now Uhhhhhh...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the past episodes and their attempts at building the world and characters, but I think "Shaman of Fear" takes that next step and broadens their horizon, inputting deeper insights into the characters. Lance's father, Ilan's insecurities that she will fail her duties as a princess and lose her father, etc. And goodness, this is the animation at their finest. It's not just surreal and trippy, but also visually striking and importantly, atmospheric. There's a sense of dread when the zombie-ish creatures approaches Ilana for example or at the times, then bouts of silence and stillness to install the kind of subtle fear before it gets dramatic again. Man, Gennedy definitely knew how to visually work emotions and "Shaman of Fear" succeeds.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Luke, this reminds me of an OBJECTION! I review Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.