toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Watch a full hour of InuYasha every week on Toonami at 5:00am!

InuYasha
    Episode 53 - Number 226

Father's Old Enemy, Ryukotsusei

Episode 54 - Number 227

Tetsusaiga's Ultimate Technique

Opening 2 - I Am by Hitomi
    Ending 3 - Dearest by Ayumi Hamasaki

This week on InuYasha...
    Episode 53: Ryukotsusei knocks away the Tetsusaiga, and InuYasha transforms into a demon. Totosai tells everyone to retreat because they are in danger, but not everyone listens.

Episode 54: InuYasha asks Totosai if the Tetsusaiga can be altered.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED! Please, no talks of future episodes, events, etc.! Also, NO DISCUSSION OF FINAL ACT! If you wish to discuss Final Act, please do so HERE. This week's discussion is ONLY for these two episodes. Save discussions of other episodes for later weeks.

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Since Toonami is losing the rights to the series this soon, I'm going to make a talkback for this show one last time.

I know I haven't posted in this thread for nearly a year, but there was a general lack of interest, and I didn't want to keep bumping a thread that generated no discussion, so I just let it go. I'm not going to stick this, either--it's the final week, so there's no point.

Watch the final broadcast of InuYasha tonight on Toonami at 5:30am!

InuYasha
    Episode 127 - Number 517

Don't Boil It! The Terrifying Dried-Up Demon

Opening 4 - Grip! by Every Little Thing
    Ending 6 - Mischievous Kiss by Day After Tomorrow

This week on InuYasha...
    Kagome returns to her present time; InuYasha tries to keep the final shard safe from Naraku.

I'm going to bookend this thread with the same spoiler policy I had in mind when I first started it back in November 2012. Go ahead, spoil the rest of the series to your heart's content! This series has aired long enough, anyway. All 167 episodes have aired plenty of times on the old Adult Swim Action block for the past 12 years, so let fly with as much spoileriffic goodness as you'd like.

See ya, dog demon. It's been fun.

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of all the episodes to go out on...

Welp, so long and good riddance InuYasha anime! I will always dislike you for:

1. Being so obnoxious to me as a kid that I didn't bother to check out the rest of the anime block on [adult swim] back then (though Fullmetal's episode 7 was what made me actively avoid [as] anime until Brotherhood came along).
    2. Becoming so popular that an obnoxious fan AND hate base for the series grew and still fester to this day.
    3. Being a terrible adaption in general for inconsistent animation, irritating voice acting (whenever InuYasha screams my ears bleed), poor use of an excellent OST, boring and stupid filler episodes, etc.
    4. Giving me a false impression of the story and characters' actual quality. After getting into Ranma 1/2 two years ago I tried the manga just to give the series a second chance, and while I found it to have pacing issues and some repetitive elements in the first half, the series was a lot better than what the anime made me believe as a kid and was rarely boring. I think Sesshomaru's character arc alone is waaaaayyyyyy better than anything in stuff like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, and the other terrible shonen the anime is often lumped with. And the manga actually got better as it went along (once Band of 7 started, at least) unlike those series. Sigh...
    5. Souring Rumiko Takahashi's name through it's haters, even though the manga, while twice as long as it needed to be, is actually quite good and despite the fact that InuYasha is by far the LEAST representative of her works.
    6. Ending after the Goryomaru story when if it just adapted TWO volumes more you could have ended it with...

Spoiler:

Kagura's death

...which would have been a much better ending point since something significant would have happened, but nope!

Well, I am a fan of this story and these characters. Not this anime, though. I'm not sad to see it leave. There are only maybe a few bits of it I thought were good but it's a series that way better read than watched. I do hope Toonami does air Final Act because, while it didn't fix all the problems I had with the first anime, it was quite a well-directed, quality adaption with a few changes that I think most would find improvements over the source material. It'd be nice for [adult swim]'s second longest airing anime title to have the conclusion to it's story broadcast, at the very least.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

Nobodyman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Youtube had that "Inuyasha! Kagome!" commercial that [as] aired a few years ago, I would so post it. You know, for old times sake.

Anyway, if you guys want a good Rumiko Takahashi story, I'd recommend checking out Maison Ikkoku.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    If Youtube had that "Inuyasha! Kagome!" commercial that [as] aired a few years ago, I would so post it. You know, for old times sake.
    Here!

That commercial is one of my earliest memories of the series actually. I remember it from way back in '03.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Anyway, if you guys want a good Rumiko Takahashi story, I'd recommend checking out Maison Ikkoku.
    Mermaid Saga and One-Pound Gospel are also great (and short). And you can't go wrong with the hi-jinks of Urusei Yatsura and Ranma either, imo.

Really, barring Rin-ne which is just kinda bland, everything else Takahashi has written is pretty great stuff.

And again...as someone who hated the IY anime I enjoyed the manga quite a lot. I'd say it's worth giving a second chance if you're willing.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline 6000+ Posts In Space!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It does feel weird to see the show finally end it's AS/Toonami run. Granted you think it would of been sooner then now considering it's not only been in repeats for like several years but at the latest spot for that long as well but I always figured they'd eventually air the actual finale Inuyasha series first. They still might if it hung around this long but till then so long original Inuyasha series. Technically Inuyasha is even counting AS comedies, the first really long running series spanning over a hundred episodes that actually aired all of it's episodes. Plus the first show we got to see a transfer between hand painted animation and cel animation which I always like noting. Anyway hope whatever abid Inu fans there are (since I"m sure there are some... in some place in the internet) find another way to satsify they're craving then watching the late night repeats of this on AS.
    Instead of just using this new signature to celebrate a thousand more post, let me list of all the great things you can expect of me on this board for 2012:

...... The same talkbacks you saw me do last year but with new episodes.

.... What are you doing still reading this? Move to the next post already! .

Looney Tunes Fan is offline Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was my first time around with the series and I'm honestly saddened to see it go. I'll have to buy the DVDs to watch the rest of the show sometime. I hope that someday Toonami can regain the rights for the show.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Farewell Inuyasha. Whether this is your curtain call or an intermission before the Final Act, you've left a legacy for anime on Adult Swim almost on-par with Cowboy Bebop.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Sit boy!" - InuYasha's going to be sitting for a quite a while. Too bad it didn't get a full Toonami run, but that's life! It had it's countless runs on ASA so there is that going for it.

Also, yes, what an episode to send it off, and it's a Part 1 of 2 as well! I see it as ending the show on a fun sort-of relaxing note, but we may remember the next episode preview to which we wont see its episode for on Toonami.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it'll be back eventually. Even if it did have countless reruns on ASA, it didn't even finish it's only run on Toonami, and the staff have already made it clear that they're not averse to showing former ASA shows. Besides, having Inu in rotation at the back of the block helps to fill time and keeps the other shorter shows from becoming too stale from overrun.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue
    I review stuff on HubPages.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly I feel like if they were going to keep it around, they would have worked out an extension with Viz. I doubt we'll see it again any more likely than say Eureka Seven. Final Act may have a shot tho.

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh, what;s the point if I can't hear Ocean Group. It's like if Gundam Wing was set in Warring States Japan.

In any case, while a bit sadden by the loss of Inuyasha, it's not really a surprise. After showing the anime for over a decade, it was bound to get retired. Still, I have fond memories of the show back when it first aired in the early 2000's. And finally making it to air on a reborn Toonami seems apropos.

Good bye, our heroes. We'll still have the DVD's, fanart, Gundam dubs, and My Little Pony.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

TheCtes is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I started watching this on Toonami,but didn't finish it here and now that was the right decision it seems. I'm personally not going to miss it. It starts out fine, but then gets repetitive as hell. It could've been a lot shorter than it is. But it was just so much of the same and with the sole exception of the Band of Seven arc that luckily was the last thing to air, I don't find any of the arcs particularly good either. That said, I think it would've been nice if it had aired all its episodes on Toonami for the sake of completion. It did really well too, though less well after they put Star Wars before it. I have not watched The Final Act yet, because I was really tired of InuYasha when I finished it, but I will at some point because I am a bit interested in seeing a conclusion to the series and I might as well finish it after 167 episodes and four movies. If it were to come on Toonami, that would be a great place to watch it. I imagine it would do really well too. Personally though, there are things I would rather have on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always hated InuYasha as a kid. I gave it another chance with the manga two years ago as an adult. Now I'm a fan of it. Weird.

I honestly think InuYasha would have been much better overall if it was only half as long as it came to be. The biggest thing that held back the series, and drove people away from it, was the repetitive, slow storylines in the beginning of the series. Stuff like Tsubaki and the Red Tetsaiga end up being wastes of time that don't affect anything that happens later on in the series. This can get irritating, and distracts from the good elements of the story too. Once the Band of 7 arc hits, though, I feel the story becomes much more focused and the second half of the series is pretty great, though I will admit that the Moryomaru arc could have been half it's length, but I like a lot as is anyway The final few volumes of the series, basically everything that gets covered in The Final Act, is brilliant stuff and by far the best parts of the entire series. I've seen even anime critics who hated the first series to find the Final Act to be quite good. And considering how maligned the first anime is among "elitist" anime critics, that means a lot.

I think InuYasha has a good story and good characters. If only the pre-Band of 7 stuff was a third, maybe a quarter of the length it was, it could have been much fonder remembered than it is now, in my opinion. That said, the first anime exacerbates the mangas problems and is a slog to me, so it's no wonder people came to hate or dislike the series only experiencing that. I'll take the manga over the anime (yes, even Final Act, though I think it is great adaption) anyday, and I consider it a "favorite," though it's by no means my favorite work by Rumiko Takahashi nor would I consider it a "top favorite" either. But at the end of the day, it's a good series, and one that I would re-read again, though I would never sit through all of the anime another time nor do I want it back on Toonami.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4