toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Toonami recommendations & suggestions (things to liven up the block).

Like This Thread!

I figured I would make a thread where we can discuss things we would like to see done on or with Toonami. Not just programming mind you, but other things such as segments, bumpers, voice overs, and other cool things with the brand.

One thing that kind of bugs me that I wish they'd change is that when the block is airing they don't have a Toonami brand or logo anywhere on the screen aside from the bumpers. I'd really like to see them either replace the [adult swim] logo with the Toonami logo or possibly put the Toonami logo above it or maybe on the left hand side of the screen or something. I doubt we'll ever see that happen, but it would be kinda neat to have.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

wjbraden is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I always though it would be neat to have a "Toonami" watermark appear on the sceen, even if it was just for a few seconds. I know other countries like India had a "Toonami" watermark show up when they aired DBZ there when I saw some clips of their dub on Youtube.

I'm thinking it would be another good way to promote the block because I know that there's still plenty of action fans who still don't know Toonami's back yet. If they saw a little Toonami bug on the screen when channel flipping, it may perk their interest.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to suggest adding Sgt Frog to the Toonami, it has that potiential to be added. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is also another good choice.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well there was this for a time:

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with the Watermark suggestion. I did notice that they have been showing more ads outside of the block for Toonami, so that is a good thing.

If show suggestions are allowed in this topic, the two that I'd push for is Soul Eater & Inuyasha: The Final Act. I'm kinda surprised SE isn't one of the shows Funi is trying to push for the block since I think it would be really good addition to the block.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

ShamarDJ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two shows i would like to see on toonami is corpse princess and future diary but considering corpse princess is kinda old i don't really see it happening but i still think it would be a nice addition to the block

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamarDJ View Post
    Two shows i would like to see on toonami is corpse princess and future diary but considering corpse princess is kinda old i don't really see it happening but i still think it would be a nice addition to the block
    Corpse Princess isn't that old, it was released on DVD sometime back in 2010 which is around the same time Casshern Sins was so I don't see any reason that it couldn't make an appearence.

One other suggestion other than a logo/watermark for Toonami would be maybe album reviews of musical acts that do music similar to the beats and tunes we hear while Toonami is airing. It would be kind of cool to discover new music through Toonami as many are discovering cool new XBoX games to try out with their game reviews.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do I have to show a video of what I would recommend just to make it obvious how wonderful it would be to have this on the block? I think I will.

Yes, it's the movie of the show and the chances of Toonami showing movies right now are ulikely (though I would love to see Redline on the block). But I'm merely highlighting some of the high adrenaline-pumping awesomeness of this show. I mean, it's DBZ with weapons for crying out loud! The show is only 3 years old so it's pretty recentand you learn a little history of the Warring States era! Seriously though, I would LOVE for this to be on the block and I hope one of these days it does.

But programming aside, .... I dunno. I would like the block to be an hour earlier personally, though I highly doubt that'll happen. Maybe have character profile promos for Samurai 7 like Toonami use to do with Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing and DBZ back in the day. Other than that, I'm not sure what else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Corpse Princess isn't that old, it was released on DVD sometime back in 2010 which is around the same time Casshern Sins was so I don't see any reason that it couldn't make an appearence.
    yeah you make a good point now that i actually think about it most of the current line up is a lot older lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    But programming aside, .... I dunno. I would like the block to be an hour earlier personally, though I highly doubt that'll happen. Maybe have character profile promos for Samurai 7 like Toonami use to do with Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing and DBZ back in the day. Other than that, I'm not sure what else.
    Yes! i would love to see some character promos! i forgot all about those! i would love to see some for thunder cats and sym bionic titan as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamarDJ View Post
    Yes! i would love to see some character promos! i forgot all about those! i would love to see some for thunder cats and sym bionic titan as well
    For the sake of being self-conscious about Toonami's budget, maybe the folks at Adult Swim do a 1-minute promo profiling the main characters in Sym-bionic Titan since there's only 3 of them. Otherwise, doing individual ones for Thundercats and Samurai 7 would be pleasant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    For the sake of being self-conscious about Toonami's budget, maybe the folks at Adult Swim do a 1-minute promo profiling the main characters in Sym-bionic Titan since there's only 3 of them. Otherwise, doing individual ones for Thundercats and Samurai 7 would be pleasant.
    Yeah a one minute promo for SBT would be cool like you said they only have 3 characters to cover lol

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Michiko and Hatchin [/thread]

But seriously also Future Diary and if Viz will play ball, Tiger & Bunny.

I'm also all for the watermark.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *jaw drop* ...............Oh crap. I wasn't expecting to actually do what I suggested for Thundercats!

Jeffrey is offline Goodbye, Eleven...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like them to air some of the latest DC Universe movies. So far, CN ran only Superman: Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight, and Green Lantern: First Flight. I think most of the movies would fit in better with AS Toonami than they would on CN.

But with the DC Nation fiasco, who knows if that'll happen?

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I like them to air some of the latest DC Universe movies. So far, CN ran only Superman: Doomsday, Justice League: The New Frontier, Batman: Gotham Knight, and Green Lantern: First Flight. I think most of the movies would fit in better with AS Toonami than they would on CN.
    Superman: Doomsday DID air on Toonami back in July 2008.

Since it was on CN, though, it was a badly edited version. Now that Toonami is back on AS, it would be nice if it got an uncut treatment.

While we're at it, maybe the uncut version of Return of the Joker?

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun

Superman: Doomsday DID air on Toonami back in July 2008.

Since it was on CN, though, it was a badly edited version. Now that Toonami is back on AS, it would be nice if it got an uncut treatment.

While we're at it, maybe the uncut version of Return of the Joker?
    I am all for airing the uncut versions of Doomsday and Return of the Joker. The only thing is, since those are WB owned, CN/AS would have to rebuy the airing rights since they most likely expired. Pretty ridiculous that despite being under the same corporate umbrella, Turner has to pay WB for the rights to air their shows/movies.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apparently CN no longer owns Megas XLR. Today is a day of sad realizations. Jason DeMarco mentioned this on his Twitter.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a repost from the ASMB that I think applies to this thread:

I would prefer if they went with a newer show to replace Casshern. Toonami's current block has a LOT of material from before 2010 on there, and the ratio was worse before Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats 2011 got added to the lineup.

I consider The Future Diary to be a high probability of being the next show if they pick a new one. It has a LOT of violence and blood in it but has a lot of depth and mystery to it. A Certain Magical Index could be picked too if they want another shonen to back Bleach up, and Bleach WILL need to have a successor in the wings when the dub wraps up a couple of years from now. Whether Index is the right franchise to be Bleach's successor is another story. Michiko & Hatchin I highly doubt is ready for November 2012 but is pretty likely for 2013. In fact I consider Michiko & Hatchin a matter of when, not if.

Aniplex has snatched up rights to Blast of Tempest and Sword Art Online. It's way too early for either show to get picked up for Adult Swim at this point but they would be good choices in the future, Tempest seems to be the superior show of the two though. Fate/ZERO is still the diamond in Aniplex's library, but obtaining rights to it is likely going to be extremely expensive.

Viz I think is going to be a nonstarter because Viz is going to want to keep Neon Alley as exclusive as possible for the time-being, and I doubt Adult Swim will want to run anything they don't have full digital rights to unless the license comes extraordinarily cheap like Eureka Seven. I'm sorry, but I think Viz is mostly an out.

Bandai's corpse has some decent stuff still available but it's all older stuff at this point. I don't know if Adult Swim is going to want to grab an older show to replace Casshern, especially while Eureka Seven continues running.

But if there's one thing Williams Street has shown us, it's that they can be wildly unpredictable. It could very well be anything.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

BrianLeague is online now Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is Future Diary even dubbed yet?
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    Is Future Diary even dubbed yet?
    I'm not even sure lol but i also didnt know that DW was dubbed before it was announced/leaked? that it was airing on toonami...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast