toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Toonami recommendations & suggestions (things to liven up the block).

Like This Thread!
    I figured I would make a thread where we can discuss things we would like to see done on or with Toonami. Not just programming mind you, but other things such as segments, bumpers, voice overs, and other cool things with the brand.

One thing that kind of bugs me that I wish they'd change is that when the block is airing they don't have a Toonami brand or logo anywhere on the screen aside from the bumpers. I'd really like to see them either replace the [adult swim] logo with the Toonami logo or possibly put the Toonami logo above it or maybe on the left hand side of the screen or something. I doubt we'll ever see that happen, but it would be kinda neat to have.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

wjbraden is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I always though it would be neat to have a "Toonami" watermark appear on the sceen, even if it was just for a few seconds. I know other countries like India had a "Toonami" watermark show up when they aired DBZ there when I saw some clips of their dub on Youtube.

I'm thinking it would be another good way to promote the block because I know that there's still plenty of action fans who still don't know Toonami's back yet. If they saw a little Toonami bug on the screen when channel flipping, it may perk their interest.

Toonatic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to suggest adding Sgt Frog to the Toonami, it has that potiential to be added. Star Wars: The Clone Wars is also another good choice.

The Man in Black is online now I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well there was this for a time:

Dub C is offline Just a animation lovin' dude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with the Watermark suggestion. I did notice that they have been showing more ads outside of the block for Toonami, so that is a good thing.

If show suggestions are allowed in this topic, the two that I'd push for is Soul Eater & Inuyasha: The Final Act. I'm kinda surprised SE isn't one of the shows Funi is trying to push for the block since I think it would be really good addition to the block.
    What has my attention in Animation RIGHT NOW:
    Hunter X Hunter (2011), One Piece, The Legend of Korra, TMNT (2012), Teen Titans Go!, Magi 2, Kill la Kill, A Certain Scientific Railgun

ShamarDJ is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two shows i would like to see on toonami is corpse princess and future diary but considering corpse princess is kinda old i don't really see it happening but i still think it would be a nice addition to the block

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamarDJ View Post
    Two shows i would like to see on toonami is corpse princess and future diary but considering corpse princess is kinda old i don't really see it happening but i still think it would be a nice addition to the block
    Corpse Princess isn't that old, it was released on DVD sometime back in 2010 which is around the same time Casshern Sins was so I don't see any reason that it couldn't make an appearence.

One other suggestion other than a logo/watermark for Toonami would be maybe album reviews of musical acts that do music similar to the beats and tunes we hear while Toonami is airing. It would be kind of cool to discover new music through Toonami as many are discovering cool new XBoX games to try out with their game reviews.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do I have to show a video of what I would recommend just to make it obvious how wonderful it would be to have this on the block? I think I will.

Yes, it's the movie of the show and the chances of Toonami showing movies right now are ulikely (though I would love to see Redline on the block). But I'm merely highlighting some of the high adrenaline-pumping awesomeness of this show. I mean, it's DBZ with weapons for crying out loud! The show is only 3 years old so it's pretty recentand you learn a little history of the Warring States era! Seriously though, I would LOVE for this to be on the block and I hope one of these days it does.

But programming aside, .... I dunno. I would like the block to be an hour earlier personally, though I highly doubt that'll happen. Maybe have character profile promos for Samurai 7 like Toonami use to do with Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing and DBZ back in the day. Other than that, I'm not sure what else.

ShamarDJ is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Corpse Princess isn't that old, it was released on DVD sometime back in 2010 which is around the same time Casshern Sins was so I don't see any reason that it couldn't make an appearence.
    yeah you make a good point now that i actually think about it most of the current line up is a lot older lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hypeathon View Post
    But programming aside, .... I dunno. I would like the block to be an hour earlier personally, though I highly doubt that'll happen. Maybe have character profile promos for Samurai 7 like Toonami use to do with Outlaw Star, Gundam Wing and DBZ back in the day. Other than that, I'm not sure what else.
    Yes! i would love to see some character promos! i forgot all about those! i would love to see some for thunder cats and sym bionic titan as well

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamarDJ View Post
    Yes! i would love to see some character promos! i forgot all about those! i would love to see some for thunder cats and sym bionic titan as well
    For the sake of being self-conscious about Toonami's budget, maybe the folks at Adult Swim do a 1-minute promo profiling the main characters in Sym-bionic Titan since there's only 3 of them. Otherwise, doing individual ones for Thundercats and Samurai 7 would be pleasant.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast