toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What do you want to get the Robot Chicken treatment?

Like This Thread!
    What would you guys like to see made into a Robot Chicken sketch?

I'd like to see them do a sketch based on Star Fox, or even one based on Thomas the Tank Engine.

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm still surprised that, six seasons in, there still hasn't been a proper Ninja Turtles skit. By proper, I mean a full-on parody, like the numerous ones we've gotten for basically every other major 80's toy franchise.

The only TMNT parody we've gotten was the "Senior Mutant Ninja Turtles" skit, but that didn't go any farther than a few old people jokes that didn't need the turtles in it at all. We didn't even get a cameo of Shredder until that one skit last year, and even then he was just a face in a crowd of villains.

Really, what's with the lack of Turtle love?
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 9/1 - Interview with Lisle Wilkerson)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've kind of always wanted to see a Robot Chicken sketch of the Filmation Ghostbusters, maybe in a fight with the Real Ghostbusters, perhaps?

After seeing that Out Of This World sketch a few weeks back, I don't suppose a My Secret Identity sketch is out of the question....

Silverstar is offline The Hub is Dead to Me Now
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    I'm still surprised that, six seasons in, there still hasn't been a proper Ninja Turtles skit. By proper, I mean a full-on parody, like the numerous ones we've gotten for basically every other major 80's toy franchise.

The only TMNT parody we've gotten was the "Senior Mutant Ninja Turtles" skit, but that didn't go any farther than a few old people jokes that didn't need the turtles in it at all. We didn't even get a cameo of Shredder until that one skit last year, and even then he was just a face in a crowd of villains.

Really, what's with the lack of Turtle love?
    The Turtles also appeared briefly in "Enter the Fat One" in season 1 (it was a just a short joke about how Donatello was voiced by Corey Feldman in 2 of the live-action movies) and Venus was mentioned briefly in the Michael Moore girls' toys documentary. But neither skit directly focused on the Turtles.

I'm surprised that in all this time, Robot Chicken has never spoofed Fat Albert. They lampooned Micronauts, Big Jim, Rubik the Amazing Cube and Crystar, for pity's sake.

I'd also like to see RC spoof Defenders of the Earth again, but actually include Lothar this time. I know technically Lothar was just Mandrake's servant and he was elevated to equal status for the show in order to be Politically Correct, but Lothar's absence in that skit they did just seemed wrong somehow.

I'd also like to see them do a decent Dungeons & Dragons parody. There were so many things about D&D that are ripe for parody, they could've done a lot more than some lame skit about Venger looking for the other horn on his helmet. That should have a light gag, not the entire sketch.

And as many times as RC has spoofed He-Man, I'd like to see them do 1 sketch where Queen Marlena appears. At first I thought they never used Marlena in a sketch because there was no Marlena action figure, but in fact there were 2 made: one in her royal garb and another in her astronauts' uniform. It's just that they've used just about every other He-Man character in a skit, they might as well use Marlena in 1.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wanna see a sketch about internet memes, even if it's only a quick one and about one particular meme, like Dr. Robotnik (from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog) saying "Snooping as usual I see?!", or Nyan Cat, or even "I was FROZEN today!!".

How about a sketch about that old science fiction show ReBoot? Since it was already set in a virtual reality world, how about the characters of ReBoot end up encountering the cast of TRON, and a fight breaks out between them over whether humans are good or bad? There are a lot of opportunities there for hilarious acts of violence that Robot Chicken is known for.

What about a sketch based on the F-Zero/Super Smash Bros. character Captain Falcon? Think about one of his catchphrases from the games: Show me your moves!! That's a double entendre just waiting to happen.

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The reason I think Robot Chicken doesn't do many TMNT sketches is because it's something that Seth and co. aren't into (as in, they probably weren't big Ninja Turtles fans in its late 80s/early 90s heyday), or maybe it's a property they haven't thought up any good ideas for.

There's always comedic potential in mocking all the ridiculous variant Turtles figures Playmates made, in a "Why did they even MAKE these!?!" kind of way, but that's just me.

The Man in Black is online now I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some people were saying they'd like to see them do something with Toonami. Like jokes about TOM4 or something maybe, who knows.

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd like to see some more anime parodies. I know Seth Green said they don't parody anime much because they think it's hard to parody (he said this at New York Comic Con 2009). However, I think there's some real potential. I'd like to see DBZ handled better than it was in that Christmas sketch.

Another thing I'd be interested in are more franchise centric specials like Star Wars and DC Comics. I could easily see a Harry Potter special going over very well, for one.

ToonEGuy is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People bring this discussion up as if they really want a whole show of unoriginality. All Robot Chicken is to me is the stop-motion version of Family Guy. There's no creativity to be found in a whole show that revolves around pop culture riffs on other people's characters and properties. Plus they often show no respect for what the characters are really like.