toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - ThunderCats (2011) on Toonami

Like This Thread!
    Thundercats(2011) rises from its grave and jumps on aboard the Absolution with the timeslot of 2:30am!

Episode 1- "The Sword of Omens"

Last time(On 2002 Toonami):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEhJYvRXw18

Tonight(2012): For generations on Third Earth, the Thunderians have lived and thrived in the Kingdom of Thundera. However, peace soon comes to a halt when a young prince named Lion-O finds his life changing drastically..

No spoilers: No talk of future events, development, etc! All spoiler talk can easily be taken to the Cartoonnetwork forum(where this show has already aired) or through Toon Zone's private message system. Please have respect for those who haven't seen this series yet.

Note: Thundercats(2011) has "ended" and is no longer being worked on. Tuning in to watch this can possibly bring a slight change to that, depending on how much Cartoonnetwork cares. Don't forget to tune into another great show that deserves even more attention called "Sym Bionic Titan", at 2am.
    Also, major thank you to Brianleague for creating the two premiere talkback images.

Enjoy the episode guys!

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How does that one guy talk normally with one tooth like that?
    "It ith only through hith thacrifith I thtand before you today."

I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware...

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays

POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Night of the Living Dead

Visit my new Internet animation blog NEVERENDING SATURDAY MORNING!

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Snarf was pretty cute in this remake.

I'm gonna be honest. Part of what I'm getting sick and tired of regarding TV networks like Cartoon Network is when they go through the trouble to promote a show, premiere it and have all it's episodes produced so far run once only so that a year later, the network pretends it never existed. I get that's ABSOLUTELY nothing new with television business and for various, but it's been happening at least 3 times in the past year with shows I've watched that I felt not only at least had potential in being good despite their flaws, but were helping open the idea of making shows that provide a more serial structure to storytelling that could co-exist with a storytelling nature.

It gets a little frustSo it's good to know that some shows like that got cancelled Sym-bionic Titans at least get another chance to be seen, new episodes or not and are not just quietly swept under the rug as if they're dirt.
    Last edited by Hypeathon; 10-07-2012 at 04:00 PM.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I rather enjoyed this too. My friend and I were making jokes about old snarf a lot tho. BTW is this supposed to take place after the original series somehow?

Silverbolt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitschensyngk View Post
    How does that one guy talk normally with one tooth like that?
    "It ith only through hith thacrifith I thtand before you today."

I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware...

I had one of my front teeth knocked out playing baseball, and occasionally when my fake needs to be repaired I'm forced to go without it at a time. When its gone after a long time with it, it is difficult to talk normally. Eventually though you get use to it not being there and I guess compensate for the loss.

Silverbolt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't believe this series has anything to do with the original series. It is a nice callback though that the original Lion-O plays the CN Lion-O's father.

I enjoyed this series when it aired and since I got the run on DVD now I doubt that I'll be catching it here at 2:30. I liked that it had a nice episode to episode flow, that the heroes weren't entirely without flaws, and that Snarf couldn't talk. I would say that this show would have done better if CN didn't consistently move it all over the place

veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post
    I don't believe this series has anything to do with the original series.
    I do remember when the show first premiered and Claudus gave the speech about how "our ancestors, the original Thundercats, defeated Mumm-Ra long ago", a lot of people speculated that this was a distant sequel of sorts.

Which definitely would have made for an interesting "history is repeating itself" story.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/31 - Devilman OVA 2)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    I rather enjoyed this too. My friend and I were making jokes about old snarf a lot tho. BTW is this supposed to take place after the original series somehow?
    I don't believe so. While I agree that it would have made an interesting twist if history was repeating itself, this series doesn't have anything to do with the original one, as we'll see in a future flashback episode. I still love the first two episodes of this series since it shows so much promise and sets up a lot of interesting conflicts even before the second half. Even with how I feel about the series in general, it does have a pretty solid premiere.

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is my first time watching this series. I'm going to be honest: I never cared for the original. I wasn't even aware of its existence until I was about 14 years old, and when I finally watched it for the first time, I couldn't stomach more than a week's worth of episodes. When the reboot was announced years later, my tastes were soured by the old series and I felt rather indifferent towards it, so I didn't watch its initial run.

Now that it's on Toonami, I thought I'd give this new series a chance. WOW, what an improvement! I'm definitely interested in seeing the rest now.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow Daikun. My story is just like yours. I never cared for the original, so when it was on You Are Here, I ignored it. But I heard good things, so when Toonami announced that they'd air it, I decided to check it out. Anyway, episode 1 was really good. I have no complaints whatsoever. And the animation is really good.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast