toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BrianLeague is offline Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Sym-Bionic Titan - "Escape to Sherman High" [10/6] [SERIES PREMIERE]

Like This Thread!

Watch the series premiere of Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami, tonight @ 2:00a/1:00c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hastag #symbionictitan during the show!

Sym-Bionic Titan
    Episode 1 -
    Number 101

Escape to Sherman High

Opening: http://youtu.be/be9o3_kD1ls

On the series premiere of Sym-Bionic Titan...
    While the evil General Modula takes over the planet Galaluna, Princess Ilana is also targeted to be killed. A brave soilder named Lance, along with Octus (a bio-cybernetic robot) are assigned to protect Ilana by any means nessecary, even as to have Ilana's father send the soon-to-be heroes crashing onto Earth. Soon, the three must learn how to adapt to their new home, while getting through high school, and saving the world from evil.

Check out the trailer!

Sym-Bionic Titan. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! All spoilers must be sent through PM! This talkback is ONLY about this episode.

Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually, I think this should be like RockmanDash's Thundercat's thread. Title should be: "Sym-Bionic Titan on Toonami" thread.
    Twitter / Tumblr
    Toonami. The first and still the best. 03/17/97-09/20/08, 04/01/12, 05/26/12-
    Rurouni Kenshin 15th Anniversary Thread

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am also a bit on confused on why Titan is a weekly thread and Thunder Cats is a single thread.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

The Talon is offline Ooga Chaka
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would guess because Sym-Bionic still has a bigger fanbase than the Thundercats reboot did.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well this show reminded me of Fullmetal Panic for some reason. For you first time viewers will like this show.

One other thing as far as the three main characters

Spoiler:
    It is the robot Octus that gets the most play. Weather it is as Newton, or as "Dad", the ladies of all ages can't get enough Octus.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Funny you should mention Eureka Seven. I wasn't going to mention here, but since you brought it up. It won't be too long till 1: 30 am is the Kari Wahlgren hour. Two of my favorite Kari characters, including my absolute favorite, that being the one on Eureka Seven.

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Funny you should mention Eureka Seven. I wasn't going to mention here, but since you brought it up. It won't be too long till 1: 30 am is the Kari Wahlgren hour. Two of my favorite Kari characters, including my absolute favorite, that being the one on Eureka Seven.
    Gah, I deleted my post so I could completely reword what I was saying. You got a point there though!

Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    I would guess because Sym-Bionic still has a bigger fanbase than the Thundercats reboot did.
    Well, the main reason why I made the Thundercats a single thread is because it's on such a late 2:30am slot that the discussion amount just wasn't going to be worth writing weekly topic creations. I think Thundercats has plenty of fans, but it's just in that really awkward late slot where the majority of Toon Zone is sleeping. It also makes it much easier on me when keeping one main talkback flowing.

Plus, Titan is right after Eureka Seven(this is where Zoombie replied to me in my original post ) so it could definitely reach one last portion of a TZ discussion before people tune off for the night.

Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So apparently 10 episodes were written for the non-existent season 2, which makes me wonder if Toonami could get the series resurrected for a season 2. I doubt it considering the time slot, but at least we get to see it again one more time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Starz View Post
    So apparently 10 episodes were written for the non-existent season 2, which makes me wonder if Toonami could get the series resurrected for a season 2. I doubt it considering the time slot, but at least we get to see it again one more time.
    Well I don't know if that is true or not. But if so, what I wanted.

Spoiler:
    1) I wanted present day Baron to appear.

2) I wanted Newton and Kimmy to get back together, I also wanted Kimmy to find the truth about Newton, and maybe even the secret of our trio.

3) I wanted to find out who Solemon boss was, if it was Lance's dad.

4) I wanted the whole town to find out the truth about our trio, and what would happen because of it.

5) Lance and Illana's relathionship to develop.

So much stuff, they could cover it in 10 episodes. Number 2 is the most important to me.
    Last edited by zoombie; 10-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Well I don't know if that is true or not. But if so, what I wanted.

Spoiler:
    1) I wanted present day Baron to appear.

2) I wanted Newton and Kimmy to get back together, I also wanted Kimmy to find the truth about Newton, and maybe even the secret of our trio.

3) I wanted to find out who Solemon was, if it was Lance's dad.

4) I wanted the whole town to find out the truth about our trio, and what would happen because of it.

5) Lance and Illana's relathionship to develop.

So much stuff, they could cover it in 10 episodes. Number 2 is the most important to me.
    It is true, he posted it on his reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ctor_of_hotel/

As for two, I think we can infer that the first part happened, and I'm pretty sure that:

Spoiler:
    Solomon isn't Lance's dad. That said, I'm pretty sure that the shadowy figure who repaired Octus was.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Starz View Post
    It is true, he posted it on his reddit here: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ctor_of_hotel/

As for two, I think we can infer that the first part happened, and I'm pretty sure that:

Spoiler:
    Solomon isn't Lance's dad. That said, I'm pretty sure that the shadowy figure who repaired Octus was.
    That is my fault. I meant to say something else, and forgot to put in a keywork. I fixed it now.

Neo Yi is offline The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I forgot this show is airing on Adult Swim. Good! Sym-Bionic Titan impressed the hell out of me when I watched it during its original premise.

If the first episode doesn't exactly thrill with originality, it bursts with everything else. The characters are all introduced beautifully. I love how these teenagers aren't the kind to spew out one-liners and dialogues to appeal to a younger audience in a vain attempt to be "cool." Granted, there is a justification of them being aliens, but they're the primary focus and I love that they can hold a conversation without pulling a dated slang.

The animation is simply gorgeous. I love the character designs and the older, 70s/80s anime-like appeal that really works here. I love the detail and texture of the Titan itself, I love that the action is really action. They don't resort to cheap comic book-like still shots because Gennedy can one up that and create brilliant choreographs. I love the subtle techno music and how atmospheric it can. It's a familiar show that uses unfamiliar conventions and though it's cancelled, I'm glad Adult Swim gave it another chance.

Did I mention how much I love this show?
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aaaaaaaaaand, we're back.

BrianLeague is offline Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The show is trending on Twitter:
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Talon View Post
    There's actually a Help "Sym-Bionic Titan get Another Season" facebook page. Been around for over a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    The show is trending on Twitter:
    I'm glad most of the responses are mostly, "Yay SBT is back" or "Why didn't I see this show on it's first run?" rather than the Western Animation haters.

The Talon is offline Ooga Chaka
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And this is the part where thousands of people die.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the first episode. And was legit surprised how mature this show feels.

Silverbolt is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad to see that this show is finally being re-aired. Always felt that it would work as a Adult Swim/Toonami show. At worst I hope that this exposure warrants a epic movie length feature to properly end the show. I doubt that I'll be able to hang out till 2 AM to see it, but I will definitely DVR it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    I really enjoyed the first episode. And was legit surprised how mature this show feels.
    And we haven't even gotten to the neck snapping yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast