toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Divinenega is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Toonami Expands to 6 Hours; Sym-Bionic Titan and new Thundercats join lineup

Like This Thread!

Demarco's posted some MAJOR news on twitter

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...43163148161024

Okay #toonami fans, since it's ****ing leaked b/c the internet sucks, here's the news: starting next week, Toonami expands to 6 hours...
    https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...43471853125632

...from midnight-6am, without repeating from 3a-6a. I'm happy to announce that we will also be running the great SYM-BIONIC TITAN, and...
    https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...43722492133376

...the also great new THUNDERCATS! Also, BEBOP will make it's return, running from 5a-6a. Finally, this Saturday we'll start running...
    https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...43906886328320
    ...a new lineup spot that gives you the whole rundown, which will air every night for a whole. Hope this news makes you guys as happy...
    This is pretty awesome. though it's kind of dissapointing Bebop is back so quickly...wonder what are the odds that if Thundercats and Titan do well here we may get more episodes of them...

Curious though, if there really are no repeats then that leaves at least one hour of content unaccounted for. It'll probably just be AS's catalog stuff but maybe we could end up with a couple of new shows.

EDIT: Now that I think about it...if one of the empty slots is a new show then it really could be Index. It would match up much better in terms of timing with the DVD release than if it replaced Sins.
    Last edited by Divinenega; 09-26-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Mohji is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats take the 2am hour, while Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop all double up for the 3am-6am timeslots. Full schedule here: http://schedule.adultswim.com/servle...2&timeZone=EST

Gold Guy is offline I kan spel grate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never got to watch Thundercats, so I'll check that out for sure.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

ShamarDJ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    they picked up two of my favorite shows!!!!!! yes! this is what i wanted american cartoons and anime!

Divinenega is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohji View Post
    Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats take the 2am hour. Meanwhile FMA, Ghost in the Shell and Bebop all double up for the 3am-6am slots. This starts October 6th. The full schedule is listed here.
    Ah...kind of odd doubling up the last 3 hours like that. Would be cool if they could get some of their catalog stuff into those hours and give it a bit more variety. Maybe replace one of the FMA: B slots when it finishes it's run again.

Tony Pedretti is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's good to see Toonami go 6 hours, however I wish they let Cowboy Bebop rest a little longer eventhough I like the show, though it could be a placeholder. As for Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan, I have no problem with them being on the block, though I wish Thundercats gets a 3rd season.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, at last Toonami 2.0 isn't anime-only anymore. Good. Titan was the best take on super robots anyone can find outside of Japan, and way up there overall at that.

Better here than nowhere for sure.But what a shame it is that it takes Adult Swim with the Toonami brand to reair two major action series that Cartoon Network used to run on Saturday mornings. New ThunderCats fits Toonami tradition but not so much Adult Swim, I have to say; it ultimately aimed too low and was generally too "safe" a show for that. Now then, let's see a home video release for Titan......

With their episode counts, an hour is a boon for FMA Brotherhood and Ghost in the Shell. For BeBop, a bit much. I think the second episode is the first thing to go when it's time to add something else and they need room.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Personally, I'm not that excited for Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats getting on the block. On one hand, it's nice that the block won't just be anime anymore and have a bit more diversity, but on the other hand, I wasn't a huge fan of either show, although I probably like Titan more than Thundercats and Titan probably fits on the block a bit better than the new Thundercats series. I was kind of looking forward to seeing the rest of Brotherhood again, but at least I might be able to get to sleep a bit earlier than I have on Saturday nights for awhile. I may rewatch Sym-Bionic Titan to see if I feel any different about it, but I doubt I'll watch Thundercats again. It's nice that they've expanded the block to six hours, but considering that the last few hours are double repeats, a part of me thinks that they made that decision in an attempt to increase ratings for the first half of the block now that there isn't another chance to see those episode in the early morning slots.

HUBTigers87 is offline Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I'll say I'm surprised. Would be nice to own some kind of DVR or something. I'm still living in the 80s with... get this... A VCR!!!!!

I guess I'm okay with the double-ups, but I'd like to have seen "Durarara!!" in the lineup. (I've only ever seen one episode.. I think #20)

I'm fine with diversity (and non-anime), I'll have my first looks at Titan and T-Cats.

-- When I first heard 2-3am would be Titan and T-Cats, my first though was "No!" - only because I didn't start watching FMA:Brotherhood until Toonami returned, I'd say I caught it at a "decent" time.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

BrianLeague is offline Saturdays @ 5:30am on Toonami!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would've been better if they had aired Big O, Deadman Wonderland, Durarara!!, or InuYasha instead of doubling up everything in the last hour, but I guess they have their reasons. I'm kind of surprised that they wouldn't want to repeat Bleach, but I guess this will bring up ratings since there's only one chance to watch it now.

As for Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats returning, I am both surprised and excited at the same time. I loved Sym-Bionic Titan when it was on Cartoon Network, but I also hated how people on social networking sites, like YouTube, dismissed the show because of the scene where Kimmy "Booty-Quakes" it. Now that it's on Adult Swim, I hope more people will discover the show and possibly do well enough in ratings to get funded for another season.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

RockmanDash is offline Retired Das Boom Champion A Simple Day Champion Action Escape Kitty Champion Bee Sting Champion Catnarok 2 : Longcat rampage Champion Karate Monkey Champion Ultimate Mierda Champion Justice Hero Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    It would've been better if they had aired Big O, Deadman Wonderland, Durarara!!, or InuYasha instead of doubling up everything in the last hour, but I guess they have their reasons.
    Doubling can have its major benefits of keeping viewers in for the entire hour than tuning them off to possible shows that they might not be interested in.

As for the new schedule, I'm really loving the balance of the shows being presented. .
    Last edited by RockmanDash; 09-27-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Kitschensyngk is offline wants to be on your team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never seen the Hotel Transylvania director's last show on Cartoon Network, but I've heard decent things about it.

I am kind of annoyed, however, that they moved Ghost in the Shell back to the early morning slots when I was just starting to watch it again.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: Hanna-Barbera's All-Star Comedy Ice Review Revue
    I review stuff on HubPages.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks to me like they're trying to get through FMAB and GITS faster.

They might have done this to test how the premieres will do without encores to take away potential viewers.

I was asking for ThunderCats and Sym-Bionic Titan to air on Toonami. If Megas XLR shows up later I will be in heaven.

I get the feeling the reason why Deadman didn't come back yet is they intend to air it earlier in the night when it comes back. Possibly when Casshern ends if they have nothing new to air then.

At any rate this is a very interesting development. Perhaps they're no long able to sell ad-space on total day ratings.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i find it a bit insulting honestly both shows were cancelled thundercats only recently so usless it means to new episodes i find this a waste of time even shows like batman beyond were new to the network when the aired on toonmai but these are simply repeats.

bla2772 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that dosnt make sense how is them getting great action shows insulting cn airs a samuria jack ep lets say ur saying no because it wont have new ep?

VSigma100 is offline Still Gold
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honorableninja View Post
    i find it a bit insulting honestly both shows were cancelled thundercats only recently so usless it means to new episodes i find this a waste of time even shows like batman beyond were new to the network when the aired on toonmai but these are simply repeats.
    How exactly is this insulting? You never know this might end up doing good for the two series. Could possibly get them some new episodes ordered if they do well enough. You never know. I think it's great that these shows are on Toonami. Especially ThunderCats of all shows.

ShamarDJ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honorableninja View Post
    honestly its more like an honour it gives both shows a shot at getting more episodes! in the past that has happened at least twice if memories serves right

Evo
    Evo is offline Agent of Providence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by honorableninja
    It's not insulting, its giving a great show and Thundercats, which I can't say because I haven't seen it, a fair chance. They were both cancelled prematurely and weren't even promoted after the first episode.

Interesting seeing as how Toonami itself got a second chance.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting. Hope both shows do well. Who know they probably can pull a Family Guy/Futurama resurrection on us.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love Sym Bionic Titan, so it is a welcome addtion. I have the whole series on I Tunes, so it is not must watch for me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast