toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ChibiGoku is online now Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Turner to launch Toonami Channel.... in Asia. (Crossing over with U.S. Toonami?)

Like This Thread!
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...oonami-channel

I'm... not even sure what to make of this, really...

EDIT: Eh, may as well include the post here, for those who don't want to click the link:

Turner Broadcasting System Asia announced on Tuesday that it will launch a multi-language Toonami channel in early 2013 across Southeast Asia.

Toonami, which is based on the same programming block on Cartoon Network, will be a 24-hour channel that Turner Broadcasting System Asia describes as "the ultimate home of the superhero." The channel will feature anime and animated action-adventure series. The official announcement noted that the channel's line-up will include Dragon Ball Z, along with other animated series such as Young Justice, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Sunny Saha, the Senior Vice President and Managing Director for Entertainment Networks at Turner International Asia Pacific Limited, said, "our aim is to make Toonami a socially-charged, multiplatform experience for fans, by fans. We'll invite input from viewers on everything from programming to showcasing fan art submissions on-air and online."

Turner Broadcasting System Asia will also launch the Cartoonito channel that will feature animation catered to younger viewers aged 3-7.

Adult Swim, the cable and satellite network that is paired with Cartoon Network, relaunched its Toonami programming block in the United States in May. Cartoon Network had previously ended Toonami in 2008 after an 11-year run.

wjbraden is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two words. Holy Crap!

Awesome news. Apparently Turner hasn't forgotten the Toonami branding overseas as well. Hopefully it will be better than the UK version turned out to be!

aegisrawks is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really hope Turner launches a Toonami Channel. It deserves one.

wjbraden is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm guessing this is for Australia too? Hopefully this means that madman has a part in this and that the English dub of One Piece can at least air on TV there, since it can't air here in the US.

Raidon Makoto is offline Long Live The Heroes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy crap. Looks like I need a Slingbox now.

11.5 Space Dandy / 12.0 Bleach / 12.5 Shippuden / 1.0 One Piece / 1.5 Soul Eater / 2.0 Sword Art Online / 2.5 Naruto / 3.0 GITS / 3.5 Brotherhood / 4.0 Samurai Jack / 4.5 IGPX / 5.0 Clone Wars / 5.5 Inuyasha
    Jack is Back.
    Only TOONAMI,
    on [adult swim]

Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only way I think the US would ever get a Toonami channel of our own would be if they rebranded Boomerang as Toonami to compete with Nicktoons and Disney XD. However, I get the impression that Turner would rather not do anything with Boomerang. This Asian channel could be a test, but then again we never got our own Toonami channel after the UK had their own for a few years.

Lord Mawdryn is offline Board Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I can't see them doing anything with Boomerang but keeping it the home of older Cartoon Network & Hanna-Barbera shows. They do run older episodes of Pokemon (including the more recent Battle Frontier series), but I think that's the only anime that runs there.

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe..."

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Things to point out: no mention of whether this will be Toonami with TOM or a channel simply called Toonami, nor does there appear to be any mention of whether this will be a part of a commonly boght channel package.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    A Toonami Channel for Asia and possibly Australia. Very cool. Hopefully it works out better than Toonami UK did.

As for us getting more Toonami goodness? Not dang likely until someone else runs Turner's youth and young adults entertainment division. The current heads have no love for action animation.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

bla2772 is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if it is like regular toonami with tom and sara and stuff that would be amazing and if they had like the rising sun and midnight run...but i doubt it will be anything like that i think its gpna be just like nicktoons no tom and chilish shows and bumps:/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast