toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: The Era of the Lucky 7's Begins

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bleach: Connected Hearts! The Left Fist Prepared for Death!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Renji: Okay, I should've known better after all this time, you really don't say a whole lot, do you, Chad?
    Chad: Yeah.
    Renji: Whaddaya mean "yeah"?! How could you not have noticed that before?!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Renji: Yeah, come to think of it, I know this one's weakness. It can't defend against water attacks. Hey, Rukia!
    Chad: She's not here.
    Renji: Ulp! Chad, you're able to do a water attack and take this guy out, aren't you?
    Chad: No, I can't.
    Renji: Well then screw it! I guess I'll just beat him down myself! Mmmmmmaaaaahhhhhh!!!

1 11.11%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ichigo: So why am I able to read your moves this time? Is it because I've become more Hollow-like? Actually, I think it's because you've become more human.

0 0%
  • Toonami:
    Submitted by RockmanDash
    TOM: Bleach is done with filler, and done for the night.

7 77.78%
  • Samurai 7: The Master
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Kambei: You say you're a samurai. I have my doubts.
    Kikuchiyo: What?!
    Kambei: You carry a sword, yet you hesitate.

0 0%
  • Casshern Sins: The Past Will Rise Before You
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ringo: Ohgi, smile for me!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ringo: You go on first, Mr. Shirt!

1 11.11%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Braiking Boss: Way back, a long time ago, a robot tried to become God. No wait, he did something even dumber than that. He tried to create God.

1 11.11%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Braiking Boss: She was the Sun that was named Moon, that was her identity. Eventually, the masses began to tire at eternal life. But she came along and reinvigorated that desire, giving us the strength to live. That's what Luna was about. However, the fact remains that only one is capable of ruling the world. There's no need for two suns. That is why I gave the order...for you to kill Luna!

0 0%
  • Eureka Seven: Blue Monday
    Submitted by astarisborn94
    Renton: Life sucks.

0 0%
    Submitted by Hypeathon
    Stoner: That's right. In other words, that which we call memory in no way exists all on its own. Which means it is inextricably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?
    Matthieu: I have no clue.
    Stoner: Man, you really are uneducated. I said that.

2 22.22%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Renton: This just, this just, this city just...SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!

3 33.33%
  • FMA Brotherhood: Revving at Full Throttle
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Darius: Well damn, you just had to take him out on your own, huh? You're pretty reckless, kid. You haven't even fully recovered yet.
    Edward: Don't treat me like I'm an invalid. My injuries are completely healed, and I'm revvin' at full throttle!

2 22.22%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Edward: Whew, and you doubted me.
    Heinkel: Yeah, well, can you change it back into a normal car now?
    Edward: And why is that? I think the car looks cool as hell!
    Darius: Just change it back! Please, we're begging you!
    Edward: Oh yeah?! You guys got a problem with my sense of style?!
    Darius and Heinkel: You don't have any!

2 22.22%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Greed: They aren't mine! Father purified me and purged the old Greed's memories! Those memories aren't a part of me anymore!
    Ling: No, you're wrong, Greed! It's not that easy! They'll always be a part of you! You can't just erase them from your soul! They were the only part of you that you chose! Look at them! Can you not hear their souls crying out! You abandoned them! Your real family! You threw them away like trash! Fool! If you turned your back on something you wanted, you don't deserve to call yourself Greed!
    Greed: RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

0 0%
  • GITS Stand Alone Complex: Android and I
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Motoko: How romantic, their last drive's a beachfront trip. Still, for someone to buy a robot and try to turn it into his fantasy ideal girlfriend, it's so sexist. I don't like it.
    Togusa: Sexist? Look who's talking.
    Batou: Heh he he, respect the opinion of our representative of the fairer sex!
    Motoko: They lock them in the house and force them to cook and do laundry, right?
    Togusa: Well, it's not like they can cook anything fancy. I don't think it's possible to build one with those capabilities at such a low price.
    Motoko: Then what do they make them do?
    Togusa: Hey, don't get mad at me! I don't know, dress 'em up and look at 'em in the morning and at night? The Major really isn't one to talk.

0 0%
  • GITS Stand Alone Complex: Android and I
    Submitted by animePWNS
    MacLaclan: Jeri, what are you doing? Are you crazy?
    Jeri: No, I'm not. No, yes I am. I don't want to go with you. I don't want to be in love with you.
    Batou: What's so outdated about her? She talks better than the ones we got.
    Jeri: I am sorry. I truly did love you.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [8/19]

Like This Thread!
    Not quite sure where bigddan11 is, but I might as well start this week's thread.

Submit your favorite quotes of tonight's broadcast, and on Thursday night, I'll make a poll. We can now use up to 30(!) quotes, so hopefully everyone's submissions can be used from now on.

Also, don't forget to vote for your choices on the poll from last week.
    Last edited by veemonjosh; 08-22-2012 at 07:18 PM.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Life sucks" ~ Renton from Eureka Seven.

Everyone has these moments. I know I had those episodes today at work (in my head, though, so it wasn't a problem). Renton is somewhat annoying, but this quote can apply to everyone at some point.

Hypeathon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From Eureka Seven:

Stoner: "That's right. In other words, that which we call memory in no way exists all on its own. Which means it is inextricably connected to the environment surrounding it. Do you know who it was who said that, Matthieu?"

Matthieu: "I have no clue."

Stoner: "Man you really are uneducated. I said it."
    Last edited by Hypeathon; 08-20-2012 at 02:09 AM.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where was I? I remembered about 12:30 AM CDT this morning, but then forgot again because I fell asleep roughly 3 minutes later. Blame it on the Cowboys pre-season game as well as a special musical program I was watching earlier in the evening.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    Where was I? I remembered about 12:30 AM CDT this morning, but then forgot again because I fell asleep roughly 3 minutes later. Blame it on the Cowboys pre-season game as well as a special musical program I was watching earlier in the evening.
    Looks like the hammer gun attacked ya.

Tom:"Bleach is done with filler, and done for the night".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Moving the poll to tomorrow night in case anyone else wants to submit.

By the way, the poll issue has been fixed, so we won't have to do the "Quote #1, Quote #2..." stuff again.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.

animePWNS is offline Settle it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thirty quotes? Well, I have some long ones in here. In case they're too long, either ignore them or cut out the text I have in brackets -[ ].

Spoiler:

Bleach #267:
    Renji: Okay, I should've known better after all this time, you really don't say a whole lot, do you, Chad?
    Chad: Yeah.
    Renji: Whaddaya mean "yeah"?! How could you not have noticed that before?!

Renji: Yeah, come to think of it, I know this one's weakness. It can't defend against water attacks. Hey, Rukia!
    Chad: She's not here.
    Renji: Ulp! Chad, you're able to do a water attack and take this guy out, aren't you?
    Chad: No, I can't.
    Renji: Well then screw it! I guess I'll just beat him down myself! Mmmmmmaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Ichigo: So why am I able to read your moves this time? Is it because I've become more Hollow-like? Actually, I think it's because you've become more human.

Samurai 7 #1:
    Kambei: You say you're a samurai. I have my doubts.
    Kikuchiyo: What?!
    Kambei: You carry a sword, yet you hesitate.

Casshern Sins #13:
    Ringo: Ohgi, smile for me!

Ringo: You go on first, Mr. Shirt!

Braiking Boss: Way back, a long time ago, a robot tried to become God. No wait, he did something even dumber than that. He tried to create God.

Braiking Boss: She was the Sun that was named Moon, that was her identity. Eventually, the masses began to tire at eternal life. But she came along and reinvigorated that desire, giving us the strength to live. That's what Luna was about. However, the fact remains that only one is capable of ruling the world. There's no need for two suns. That is why I gave the order...for you to kill Luna!

Eureka 7 #1:
    Renton: This just, this just, this city just...SUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #44:
    Darius: Well damn, you just had to take him out on your own, huh? You're pretty reckless, kid. You haven't even fully recovered yet.
    Edward: Don't treat me like I'm an invalid. My injuries are completely healed, and I'm revvin' at full throttle!

Edward: Whew, and you doubted me.
    Heinkel: Yeah, well can you change it back into a normal car now?
    Edward: And why is that? I think car looks cool as hell!
    Darius: Just change it back! Please, we're begging you!
    Edward: Oh yeah?! You guys got a problem with my sense of style?!
    Darius and Heinkel: You don't have any!

[Greed: They aren't mine! Father purified me and purged the old Greed's memories! Those memories aren't a part of me anymore!
    Ling: No, you're wrong, Greed! It's not that easy! They'll always be a part of you! You can't just erase them from your soul! They were the only part of you that you chose! Look at them! Can you not hear their souls crying out! You abandoned them! Your real family! You threw them away like trash! Fool! ] If you turned your back on something you wanted, you don't deserve
    to call yourself Greed!
    Greed: RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

GitS:SAC #3:
    Motoko: How romantic, their last driveís a beachfront trip. Still, for someone to buy a robot and try to turn it into his fantasy ideal girlfriend, itís so sexist. I donít like it.
    Togusa: Sexist? Look whoís talking.
    Batou: Heh he he, respect the opinion of our representative of the fairer sex!
    [Motoko: They lock them in the house and force them to cook and do laundry, right?
    Togusa: Well, itís not like they can cook anything fancy. I donít think itís possible to build one with those capabilities at such a low price.
    Motoko: Then what do they make them do?
    Togusa: Hey, donít get mad at me! I donít know, dress Ďem up and
    look at Ďem in the morning and at night? The Major really isnít one to talk.]

MacLaclan: Jeri, what are you doing? Are you crazy?
    Jeri: Crazy? No Iím not. No, yes I am. I donít want to go with you. I donít want to be in love with you.
    Batou: Whatís so outdated about her? She talks better than the ones we got.
    Jeri: I am sorry. I truly did love you.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Poll is up!