toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 126 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
    BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

C&C - Eureka Seven on Toonami

Like This Thread!

Watch the series premiere of Eureka Seven on Toonami, tonight @ 1:30a/12:30c!
    Catch the repeat @ 4:30a/3:30c!

Don't forget to tweet using the hashtag #eurekaseven during the show!

Eureka Seven
    Episode 1 - Number 101

Blue Monday

Opening 1 - Days by Flow: http://youtu.be/aEufI5Se-Oo
    Ending 1 - Himitsu Kichi (Secret Base) by Kozue Takada: http://youtu.be/WSEdM4h-11k

On the series premiere of Eureka Seven...
    The series focuses on Renton Thurston, the fourteen-year-old son of Adrock Thurston, a military researcher who died saving the world. He lives what he considers a boring life with his grandfather in a boring town. He loves lifting, a sport similar to surfing but with trapar, a substance abundant throughout the air, as the medium. He dreams of joining the renegade group Gekkostate, led by his idol Holland, a legendary lifter. An opportunity to do so literally falls into his lap when a large mechanical robot, called the Nirvash typeZERO, and Eureka, its pilot and a member of Gekkostate, crash into Renton's room.

Well, I was able to get permission from a mod to make a series talkback thread. I'll be bumping this thread each week before the next episode premieres on Toonami.

Eureka Seven. Part of the Lucky 7's. Only Toonami.

SPOILERS ARE NOT TOLERATED. Please, no talks of future episodes, events, and etc! If you want to discuss Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean, please do so here. All other spoilers must be taken to The Anime Forum or sent through PM! This week's discussion is ONLY about this episode.

Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't wait to be able to finally see this show.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The remix of Days as a piano/house song is amazing, too bad it didn't play until the E7 movie. ^^;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SugtxAdodbg
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

FireStarterLE is offline You don't want to see us mad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    didn't watch E7 the first time around a few years ago but a friend eventually bought the series on dvd and I borrowed it. I'll rewatch it just because it's Toonami.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I didn't get to see this when it aired a few years ago on Adult Swim because I didn't have cable. I ended up watching it on my own last year and it was really rather good. I didn't think it would air on TV again because I thought a lot of people didn't like it/it got bad ratings but it must not have done TOO bad if they picked it back up. Either that or ya know they got it for $10 and it was a nice way to vary the line-up a bit. The fact that we got another new show replacement out of the blue in addition to Samurai 7 was and is pretty epic. People shouldn't complain.

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I wonder if Adult Swim has the perpetual rights to this show.

Didn't Bandai announce earlier this year that they're not distributing anime anymore? How are they getting these licenses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think they lost the license to Eureka Seven once the show went off-air. They just got the license for cheap.

Lord Mawdryn is offline Board Bad Boy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even though I've seen this show twice on Adult Swim (during its initial weekly run and when it was re-broadcast again on weeknights--Adult Swim anime on weeknights, can you remember?), it still remains one of my favorites, so I'll be checking it out again since I haven't seen it since then.

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe..."

Lord Dalek is offline Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And since I doubt they're going to show the full version of OP1 again this time (just like they didn't last time, HOORAY FOR AN EXPOSED BOOB!), here's Days V.1.

Why V.1? Becuase they tweeked the part in the middle three times ala Gasaraki.
    Last edited by Lord Dalek; 08-18-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Kitschensyngk is offline back in the running
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow. So Eureka Seven is back.

A lot has changed since it was last on. Action shows have stopped playing on weekdays, numerous acquisitions have come and gone,Bleach has become a tad boring, Fullmetal Alchemist has had a full reboot, and the only anime they've shown that perfectly duplicated its cool factor was last year's Durarara!!.

And, of course, Toonami was cancelled and then un-cancelled.

I can understand that they brought it back because it was cheap, but I think it's really nice of them to give it another chance. Deadman Wonderland fans might be interested in this show from a design standpoint (the manga was from the same people), plus it has its violent and twisted moments.

Plus who knows. Maybe it will revitalize interest in the DVDs. Or maybe Bandai's rights will expire and Funimation will rescue it or something, I dunno.

NACHOS CON CARNE | updates Mondays and Thursdays on Cartoons, Dammit!
    POP CULTURE VOMIT BAG! | Latest review: The Wizard of Speed and Time
    I review stuff on HubPages.