toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: See You Space Cowboy (see post #10 for options)

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quote #1

0 0%
  • Quote #2

0 0%
  • Quote #3

0 0%
  • Quote #4

1 11.11%
  • Quote #5

0 0%
  • Quote #6

1 11.11%
  • Quote #7

3 33.33%
  • Quote #8

1 11.11%
  • Quote #9

0 0%
  • Quote #10

0 0%
  • Quote #11

1 11.11%
  • Quote #12

0 0%
  • Quote #13

1 11.11%
  • Quote #14

2 22.22%
  • Quote #15

6 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    veemonjosh is online now The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [8/12]

Like This Thread!
    Well folks, this is certainly an interesting night.

We've got the return of canon Bleach, the final episode of Deadman Wonderland, and then the night ends with a "Bang".

Tell your favorite quotes on this memorable evening, and we'll make a poll of 15 lines on Wednesday night.
    Last edited by veemonjosh; 08-12-2012 at 01:06 AM.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 9/15 - Space Captain Harlock (2013))

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh lets get the obvious one out of the way....

Cowboy Bebop: "Bang"

DEADMAN WONDERLAND:

"DEATH IS ROCK AND ROLL!"

"Why? Why do we have to die like this? Why does it have to be so ugly?"

"Thank you for the rain... It's beautiful. It feels like freedom. You just may see a rainbow yet."
    Last edited by Lord Dalek; 08-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Rynnec is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cowboy Bebop

Jet: "What kind of woman was she like?"

Faye: "Ordinary. The dangerous kind of ordinary that you just can't stay away from."

Jet: "I see."

Faye: "Like an angel from the underworld, or a devil from paradise."

And, of course, "Bang
    Currently Watching: Darker Than Black

Currently Reading: Tsukihime, Mahou Sensei Negima, Hayate Cross Blade

Currently Playing: No More Heroes, Skyward Sword, Persona 4

TnAdct1 is offline I WANT MY MEWTWO!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No contest here: BANG!
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo

animePWNS is offline October 3rd...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

Bleach #266:
    Yamamoto: I implore you! You must put all your spirit into this to defeat them here! Even if your flesh is torn from your body, use your bones to form an impenetrable wall! No matter what the cost, we must never let them step even one foot into the Soul Society! Attack now!!

Ulquiorra: Tell me, what is a heart? If I tore a hole in your chest, would I see it? If I split open your skull, would it be there?

Deadman Wonderland #12:
    Tamaki: Lest we forget, Minister, good is predicated on corruption and evil.
    Minister: Says the psychotic who'd see the world bleed.

Genkaku: Think of it, the end of suffering. Death is peace. Death is silence. The end of all things, stillness of mind, a desire of hatred, of each soul's delusion. DEATH IS ROCK AND ROLL!!!

Ganta: That song, it's familiar.
    Shiro: 'Course it is, silly. It's a song your mommy made up.
    Ganta: It's pretty and all, but would you stop? Sorry. It's just that, last time I heard it, all my friends got killed.
    Shiro: That's awful.
    Ganta: It's weird the Red Man would sing it. I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking it...

Lucky 7s Promo
    Some of this is copied from TV Tropes
    (music from the original 2008 Toonami finale)
    TOM: Well, all good things come to an end.
    (cast of Deadman Wonderland gasps complete with Record Needle Scratch) What are you talking about?
    TOM: No no no, it's not Toonami this time, don't worry! I'm talking about Deadman Wonderland. We're out of Deadmans after tonight.

TOM: Get ready for the Lucky 7s.

Casshern Sins #12:
    Ohgi: Casshern, insects that fly at night are drawn towards the moon, but the moon does not smile and the insects fall to the ground and die. As the world continues to grow ever more quiet. Are you still searching for Luna?

Casshern: Luna wished for the city to stand in the color that nature had given it. But does that mean accepting the Ruin is just? What exactly were you trying to say, Luna?

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #43:

Envy: Haha! I've hijacked this idiot's body!
    Yoki: Aaah! Stop it! Let go! Somebody help me! I can't control my body!
    Envy: That's right, you can't! Now if you want him to live, you will do as I tell you!
    Gerso: Nah, he's all yours. Do what you want.
    Zampano: It's not like he's our friend or anything.
    Yoki: AAHHHHH?!
    May: Poor Yoki, I'm sorry I didn't know you better!
    Alphonse (crying): We'll never forget your sacrifice!
    Yoki: AAAHHH!!! Please Mr. Scar! You won't stand back and let this thing kill me, right?!
    Scar: ....... *turns away*
    Yoki: HOW CAN YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON MEEEEE!

Marcoh: You're right. I've sacrificed many innocent lives to make your damn PHilosopher's Stones. I know better than anyone else how much pain goes into creating them. And not only do I know how to create them, but I KNOW HOW TO DESTROY THEM AS WELL!!

GitS:SAC #2:
    Batou: The b****rd harbored that much hatred in himself for his own parents?
    Motoko: No. For just a split second, there was something I felt. When I burned down his brain I sensed, “Well, Mom, what do you think of my steel body?” It was very strange, a feeling of neither pride nor vengeance.
    Batou: It was just something you probably imagined.
    Motoko: Well I hope you’re right. There’s no way we’ll ever know for sure now.

Cowboy Bebop #26:
    Spike: Stay gold. Bang...

Mai Yamane: Everything is clearer now. Life is just a dream, you know? It's never-ending. I'm ascending...
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm currently watching this weeks Toonami episodes, and I will be posting lines thourghout the night others haven't mentioned.

Bleach "Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, Resume"
    Omneda: What is it? (Soi Fong tries to punch him, and he blocks it) Nice try Captain, but I won't fall for the same trick twice. (She hits him in the groin area) Ugh. Ow!
    Soi Fong: We've all come here to fight, and that means even the head captain is no exception. now quit acting like such an idiot!
    Omneda: That's mean of you.

Deadman Wonderland "Relief (Grateful Dead)"
    Tamaki: It's easy enough when ones vision is but a microcosm of the times as a whole, a nursery modeled on a larger truth if you like. Lest we forget minister, good is predicated on corruption and evil.
    Minister: Says the psychotic man who'd see the the world bleed.

Genkaku: We don't think twice about putting a wounded animal out of its misery. Why is this any different? Until I'm saved, this is what I do. Releasing my fellows from the bonds of fear and oppression, from the shames of betrayal, I'm a Saint man! I erase contempt, regret, sorrow, insanity, all the burdens of life! I just wish someone would be kind enough to do as much for me!

Casshern Sins "Turn the Time Lived to Color"- I'm really tempted to say hi Ganta to Margo after watching the episode.
    Margo: But you're wrong. As long as we're still living, do we no longer believe in hope?

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood "Bite of the Ant"
    Alex: Oh my. You've only grown more ferocious. How will you ever find a husband if you continue to...
    Olivier: That's enough of your sniveling you pansy. I need to get away from you before I catch your cowardice.
    Last edited by bigddan11; 08-15-2012 at 10:55 PM.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, so...we've run into a serious problem here.

It would seem that, at some point in the past week, a length cap was imposed on the poll options. With all the coding I have to put to make it look the way it does, the options now look like this:

See? Cut off drastically.

I don't know what this means for the future of Line of the Night, but it's not looking too bright.
    Last edited by veemonjosh; 08-16-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would take out the title and who it is submitted by, but the color is mostly necessary since it appears black on gray and is difficult to read is you don't do the colors. Basically we can just start with who said it, whether it's Ganta, Alex, etc. It can be [u]Who said it[ /u] Quote. we can then just attribute who provided the quotes here in the thread itself. I don't know what else could be done though to keep the actual quotes in the poll. The other option I suppose would be to post the 15 choices here in then label them Quote #1, Quote 32, Quote #3 etc and have the choices in the poll be choice 1, choice 2, choice 3, etc.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I highly doubt we'll be stopping the polls altogether.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions, bigddan11.

Sorry for the delay. Below are the options for this poll.

Spoiler:
    1. Bleach: Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, Resume
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Yamamoto: I implore you! You must put all your spirit into this to defeat them here! Even if your flesh is torn from your body, use your bones to form an impenetrable wall! No matter what the cost, we must never let them step even one foot into the Soul Society! Attack now!!

2. Bleach: Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, Resume
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ulquiorra: Tell me, what is a heart? If I tore a hole in your chest, would I see it? If I split open your skull, would it be there?

3. Bleach: Ichigo vs. Ulquiorra, Resume
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Omneda: What is it? *Soi Fong tries to punch him, and he blocks it* Nice try Captain, but I won't fall for the same trick twice. *She hits him in the groin area* Ugh. Ow!
    Soi Fong: We've all come here to fight, and that means even the head captain is no exception. now quit acting like such an idiot!
    Omenda: That's mean of you.

4. Deadman Wonderland: Relief (Grateful Dead)
    Submitted by Lord Dalek
    Nagi: Thank you for the rain... It's beautiful. It feels like freedom. You just may see a rainbow yet.

5. Deadman Wonderland: Relief (Grateful Dead)
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ganta: That song, it's familiar.
    Shiro: 'Course it is, silly. It's a song your mommy made up.
    Ganta: It's pretty and all, but would you stop? Sorry. It's just that, last time I heard it, all my friends got killed.
    Shiro: That's awful.
    Ganta: It's weird the Red Man would sing it. I don't know, maybe I'm just overthinking it...

6. Deadman Wonderland: Relief (Grateful Dead)
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Genkaku: We don't think twice about putting a wounded animal out of its misery. Why is this any different? Until I'm saved, this is what I do. Releasing my fellows from the bonds of fear and oppression, from the shames of betrayal, I'm a Saint man! I erase contempt, regret, sorrow, insanity, all the burdens of life! I just wish someone would be kind enough to do as much for me!

7. Toonami: Lucky 7's
    Submitted by animePWNS
    TOM:Well, all good things come to an end.
    Deadman Cast: *Gasp* What are you talking about?
    TOM: No no no, it's not Toonami this time, don't worry! I'm talking about Deadman Wonderland. We're out of Deadmans after tonight. But fear not, we've got two new shows for you. Yep, that's right. I said TWO. NEW. SHOWS. Well...new to us. First up is Samurai 7. Akira Kurosawa's "Samurai", giant robots; what more could you want? Oh, ANOTHER show, you say? Wish granted; Eureka Seven's coming in at 1:30. Cute weird girls, more giant robots, and another "7". Get ready for the "Lucky 7's", next Saturday at 12:30 and 1:30. Everything is coming up 7's. Only Toonami on Adult Swim

8. Casshern Sins: Turn the Time Lived to Color
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Ohgi:Casshern, insects that fly at night are drawn towards the moon, but the moon does not smile and the insects fall to the ground and die. As the world continues to grow ever more quiet. Are you still searching for Luna?

9. Casshern Sins: Turn the Time Lived to Color
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Casshern: Luna wished for the city to stand in the color that nature had given it. But does that mean accepting the Ruin is just? What exactly were you trying to say, Luna?

10. Casshern Sins: Turn the Time Lived to Color
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Margo: But you're wrong. As long as we're still living, do we no longer believe in hope?

11. FMA Brotherhood: Bite of the Ant
    Submitted by bigddan11
    Alex: Oh my. You've only grown more ferocious. How will you ever find a husband if you continue to...
    Olivier: That's enough of your sniveling you pansy. I need to get away from you before I catch your cowardice.

12. GITS Stand Alone Complex: Testation
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Batou: The b****rd harbored that much hatred in himself for his own parents?
    Motoko: No. For just a split second, there was something I felt. When I burned down his brain I sensed, “Well, Mom, what do you think of my steel body?” It was very strange, a feeling of neither pride nor vengeance.
    Batou: It was just something you probably imagined.
    Motoko: Well I hope you’re right. There’s no way we’ll ever know for sure now.

13. Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues (Part 2)
    Submitted by Rynnec
    Jet: What kind of woman was she like?
    Faye: Ordinary. The dangerous kind of ordinary that you just can't stay away from.
    Jet: I see.
    Faye: Like an angel from the underworld, or a devil from paradise.

14. Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues (Part 2)
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Mai Yamane: Everything is clearer now. Life is just a dream, you know? It's never-ending. I'm ascending...

15. Cowboy Bebop: The Real Folk Blues (Part 2)
    Submitted by Lord Dalek & Rynnec & TnAdc1 & animePWNS
    Spike: Bang.

Incidentally, in exchange for shortening the length of poll options, it seems the amount of poll options have been extended to 30. So, in the future, we can potentially add in everyone's submissions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast