toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: I see Akira Kurosawa in your future.

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bleach: Battle of the Females? Katen Kyokotsu vs. Nanao!
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Rangiku: Being that she's Captain Kyoraku's Zanpakuto, I thought she'd be a lot more outgoing. AFter all, her master is a charming individual.
    Kyoraku: Aaaa-choo!

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Rangiku: That's odd. Most of the girls I take shopping are thrilled to dress up and walk around in high-end fashion.
    Nanoa: I think you're projecting your own personal fantasies onto this girl, Rangiku.

0 0%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Rangiku: This is sure to work! I've found that young girls like her are shy. But if they are given the opportunity, they respond quite well to the opposite sex. That goes for both Soul Reapers and Zanpakutos.
    Nanoa: That's an interesting theory. Maybe she can date them once they get out of the hospital.

0 0%
  • Deadman Wonderland: Undertaker
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Endou: I knew it! You are in bed with that Monk, aren't you?! Aren't you?!
    Shiro: Huh? But I'm not in bed.

1 11.11%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Genkaku: So, if you had to choose, which of those little ditties rocked your socks off the most?
    Nagi: They both make me want to puncture my eardrums.
    Genkaku: Ha! Flattery will getcha everywhere!

1 11.11%
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Rokuro: Tell me...*WHACK!* WHICH OF YOU?! *WHACK!* IDIOTS?! *WHACK!* FOUND OUT?! *WHACK!* ABOUT MY DAMN BOMB?!!

2 22.22%
  • Casshern Sins: A Man Entrapped by the Past
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Luna:Casshern, your blood has changed me...

0 0%
  • Casshern Sins: A Man Entrapped by the Past
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Dune: I know you. Yes, you're...you killed Luna! I'm right! You're the one who killed her! Damn you, Casshern! Casshern, you'll die where you stand, for I am the God of Death!
    Leda: Dio...
    Dio: You're no different. All you see when you look at me is Casshern! I am not him!

1 11.11%
  • Toonami:
    Submitted by The Man in Black & animePWNS
    TOM:So here's the deal. Life doesn't always want to be your friend. Sometimes it'll feel like Life wants to hurt you. But you can't just hide. Because nobody likes a quitter. You gotta take chances. I never said it was gonna be fun. Or easy. Whether you're totally ready; or when you least expect it, doesn't matter. Life will punch you right in the face. You can lie there for a second, cry a little if you need to. But get back on your feet, because it's the getting back up that counts That's what shows you got heart. That's what keeps you going. Fall down 7 times, get up 8. And know, We'll be right there with you. Only Toonami, on Adult Swim.

7 77.78%
  • FMA Brotherhood: The Abyss
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Miles: Let's get going.
    Mick (as Alphonse): Yes sir.
    Edward: Don't get carried away, Alphonse. There's no reason to call the Major "Sir".
    Mick: It's hard to move around in here! Couldn't you have made this thing lighter?
    Edward: You're strong-you can handle it! C'mon, Kimblee's watching.
    Mick (high-pitched): Hold on, brother!

1 11.11%
  • FMA Brotherhood: The Abyss
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Darius: That stuffís not gonna do you any good! Itís too damp!
    Edward: You sure about that? You happen to know what dynamiteís made of?
    Heinkel: Itís nitroglycerin, isnít it?
    Darius: And nitroglycol, and then thereís sawdust. Isnít there ammonium nitrate in it too?
    Edward: Yes there is! And whatís ammonium nitrate made out of?
    Heinkel: Thatís easy! Nitric acid and ammonia!
    Heinkel & Darius: AMMONIA?!!!

1 11.11%
  • GitS: SAC 2nd Gig: Endless∞GIG
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Man in car: Ishikawa of Section 9, I take it? I came here to take that off your hands.
    Ishikawa: Oh, you mean this?
    Man in car: That's right.
    Ishikawa: *punches him with "broken" arm* Don't screw with us, punk! Section 9 practically invented dirty tricks in information warfare.

0 0%
  • GitS: SAC 2nd Gig: Endless∞GIG
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Togusa: I happen to have a note here from the Prime Minister. Itís written here that she holds your abilities in the highest regard. But if thereís a risk of those talents ending up in the hands of a foreign power, we are to prevent that from occurring at any cost. She also says that if itís necessary, we shouldnít hesitate to use lethal force.
    Aramaki: How do you want to do this?
    Watanabe: Donít worry, the old manís just bluffing. Letís go.
    Gohda: Right.
    Motoko: You think so, do you? Well youíre dead wrong!
    Gohda: *head explodes*
    Batou: Gee, what a crying shame.

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Hard Luck Woman
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Nun: Our Father in Heaven, you know weíre here. So Iíll leave off the rest. Eat hearty, kids!
    Kids: Thanks! Amen!

0 0%
  • Cowboy Bebop: Hard Luck Woman
    Submitted by animePWNS
    Edward: You canít come with me, Ein. Edward is going someplace far far away. Ed might not be coming back. So you better go back to the ship, Ein. Oh, do you wanna come with Ed? Come on, letís go! *SEE YOU COWGIRL, SOMEDAY, SOMEWHERE!*

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Toonami - Line of the Night [7/29]

Like This Thread!

Bigddan11 is out this week, so I'll be running this week's poll as well.

Post your favorite quotes from this week's broadcast, 15 quotes will be selected, and a poll will be put up on Wednesday night.

One thing I'd like to suggest starting this week is to try including the name of the character you're quoting. It's fine if you don't, but it makes things easier on my part when selecting the quotes.

Let the fun begin!
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry bout that. Right after I sent you that message asking if you could do the Line of the Night this week, my computer crashed, and this is the earliest chance I've had to check anything. I look forward to Wednesday night when I can hopefully post a few quotes, but I'll be out of action at least the first half of this week.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Remember to submit your quotes, everyone!

I would have liked to have gotten the poll up in about 24 hours, but the lack of submitted quotes at the moment is going to push the poll to Thursday night.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "So here's the deal. Life doesn't always want to be your friend. Sometimes it'll feel like Life wants to hurt you. But you can't just hide. Because nobody likes a quitter. You gotta take chances. I never said it was gonna be fun. Or easy. Whether you're totally ready; or when you least expect it, doesn't matter. Life will punch you right in the face. You can lie there for a second, cry a little if you need to. But get back on your feet, because it's the getting back up that counts That's what shows you got heart. That's what keeps you going. Fall down 7 times, get up 8. And know, We'll be right there with you. Only Toonami, on [adult swim]. - T.O.M.

animePWNS is offline Finally on VC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here you go. Can't wait to put up lines for Samurai 7 soon.

Spoiler:

Bleach #264:
    Rangiku: Being that she's Captain Kyoraku's Zanpakuto, I thought she'd be a lot more outgoing. AFter all, her master is a charming individual.
    Kyoraku: Aaaa-choo!

Rangiku: That's odd. Most of the girls I take shopping are thrilled to dress up and walk around in high-end fashion.
    Nanoa: I think you're projecting your own personal fantasies onto this girl, Rangiku.

Rangiku: This is sure to work! I've found that young girls like her are shy. But if they are given the opportunity, they respond quite well to the opposite sex. That goes for both Soul Reapers and Zanpakutos.
    Nanoa: That's an interesting theory. Maybe she can date them once they get out of the hospital.

Deadman's Wonderland #10:
    Endou: I knew it! You are in bed with that Monk, aren't you?! Aren't you?!
    Shiro: Huh? But I'm not in bed.

Genkaku: So, if you had to choose, which of those little ditties rocked your socks off the most?
    Nagi: They both make me want to puncture my eardrums.
    Genkaku: Ha! Flattery will getcha everywhere!

Rokuro: Tell me...*WHACK!* WHICH OF YOU?! *WHACK!* IDIOTS?! *WHACK!* FOUND OUT?! *WHACK!* ABOUT MY DAMN BOMB?!!

Casshern Sins #10:
    Luna: Casshern, you blood has changed me...

Dune: I know you. Yes, you're...you killed Luna! I'm right! You're the one who killed her! Damn you, Casshern! Casshern, you'll die where you stand, for I am the God of Death!
    Leda: Dio...
    Dio: You're no different. All you see when you look at me is Casshern! I am not him!

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood #41:
    Miles: Let’s get going.
    Mick as Alphonse: Yes sir.
    Edward: Don’t get carried away, Alphonse. There’s no reason to call the Major “Sir”.
    Mick: It’s hard to move around in here! Couldn’t you have made
    this thing lighter?
    Edward: You’re strong, you can handle it! C’mon, Kimblee’s
    watching.
    Mick (high-pitched): Hold on, brother!

Darius: That stuff’s not gonna do you any good! It’s too damp!
    Edward: You sure about that? You happen to know what dynamite’s made of?
    Heinkel: It’s nitroglycerin, isn’t it?
    Darius: And nitroglycol, and then there’s sawdust. Isn’t there ammonium nitrate in it too?
    Edward: Yes there is! And what’s ammonium nitrate made out of?
    Heinkel: That’s easy! Nitric acid and ammonia!
    Heinkel and Darius: ?!!!! AMMONIA!!!

GitS:SAC 2nd Gig #26:
    Man in car: Ishikawa of Section 9, I take it? I came here to take that off your hands.
    Ishikawa: Oh, you mean this?
    Man in car: That's right.
    *Ishikawa punches him with "broken" arm*
    Ishikawa: Don't screw with us, punk! Section 9 practically invented dirty tricks in information warfare.

Togusa: I happen to have a note here from the Prime Minister. It’s written here that she holds your abilities in the highest regard. But if there’s a risk of those talents ending up in the hands of a foreign power, we are to prevent that from occurring at any cost. She also says that if it’s necessary, we shouldn’t hesitate to use lethal force.
    Aramaki: How do you want to do this?
    Watanabe: Don’t worry, the old man’s just bluffing. Let’s go.
    Gohda: Right.
    Motoko: You think so, do you? Well you’re dead wrong!
    *Gohda's head asplode*
    Batou: Gee, what a crying shame.

Cowboy Bebop #24:

Nun: Our Father in Heaven, you know we’re here. So I’ll leave off the rest. Eat hearty, kids!
    Kids: Thanks! Amen!

Edward: You can’t come with me, Ein. Edward is going someplace far far away. Ed might not be coming back. So you better go back to the ship, Ein. Oh, do you wanna come with Ed? Come on, let’s go!
    SEE YOU COWGIRL, SOMEDAY, SOMEWHERE!

And TOM's speech for that night, already posted.

That should be 15 lines. If any are too long, just edit them down to the parts that might matter most.
    Last edited by animePWNS; 08-01-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    Oh, hai, Adult Swim.
    1/4/10: Reached 1000th post milestone
    4/1/12: Thanks to Adult Swim and Toonami, this date will live on as: Best. April. Fools. Day. Ever.
    6/3/12: 2000 posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The poll is up!