toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Deadman Wonderland DVD Release in October

Like This Thread!

FUNimation's blog announced
    last year that Deadman Wonderland will be released on DVD sometime this year.

According to this (go to page 46), the DVD (no Blu-ray releases are planned yet) will be released on Wednesday, October 10, 2012.

As most of us already know, the show ends with 12 episodes and an OVA, and it doesn't provide any sort of closure. If you're one of those people who want a second season for the anime, please go out and buy the DVD!
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My immediate wish is that Funi's goofy dub be on the discs no matter what.

It'll be good for riffing marathons on nights with friends.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    My immediate wish is that Funi's goofy dub be on the discs no matter what.

It'll be good for riffing marathons on nights with friends.
    Why wouldn't it be on there?

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt the authenticity of any forum report that doesn't provide a link or at least explain where they got the info. However I doubt this one even more so because DVD and Blu-Ray releases are done on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays. Most CD's are done on Wednesdays, but DVD has always been Tuesday unless it's a blockbuster release.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11
    I doubt the authenticity of any forum report that doesn't provide a link or at least explain where they got the info. However I doubt this one even more so because DVD and Blu-Ray releases are done on Tuesdays, not Wednesdays. Most CD's are done on Wednesdays, but DVD has always been Tuesday unless it's a blockbuster release.
    This one does provide a link though.

bigddan11 is offline Justice must be served!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes View Post
    This one does provide a link though.
    So you trust a comic site over known facts. Lets see- it also lists Thundercats Season 1 Book 3 as coming out October 3, a Wednesday, when in fact that has been confirmed for a release on October 2, not October 3. So exactly why should I trust a site that has already proven to have the wrong date for a DVD release? I'm not saying it won't come out in October. I'm saying you can't trust a Wednesday release date when DVD's are released on Tuesday, not Wednesday, and you certainly can't trust secondhand information when FUNi hasn't even announced their October 2012 releases yet.
    College football, basketball, the NFL, the NBA, and MLB. I may not be an expert, but these sports always keep me fascinated if the game is good!

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/0/f...7f18425738.jpg
    Beware The Almighty Hammer Gun!

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    So you trust a comic site over known facts. Lets see- it also lists Thundercats Season 1 Book 3 as coming out October 3, a Wednesday, when in fact that has been confirmed for a release on October 2, not October 3. So exactly why should I trust a site that has already proven to have the wrong date for a DVD release? I'm not saying it won't come out in October. I'm saying you can't trust a Wednesday release date when DVD's are released on Tuesday, not Wednesday, and you certainly can't trust secondhand information when FUNi hasn't even announced their October 2012 releases yet.
    From the looks of it, it could be possible that the site is listing when they're going to have the DVDs available for shipping. Even if the information is incorrect, it's an order form so it can't be completely off, especially when people are going to be ordering from the catalog. If this is the case, then Deadman Wonderland will most likely be released on October 2nd, when Thundercats Season 1 Book 3 also comes out.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sweet! I will be sure to grab my copy of Deadman Wonderland once it's released on DVD, this show has been nothing short of fantastic and it literally seemed to have come out of nowhere and I'm glad it's airing on Toonami. Good choice releasing it AFTER it's already fully aired on the block, doing so before hand or during may have ruined the ratings a little bit, so smart thinking there by FUNi.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

PunkPhantom is offline Addicted to Toons & Tunes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm I might buy this, especially if it could get it a possible second season.
    "Pencil... Paper... Combine" -JG Quintel
    "Though he acts intoxicated, he's just highly animated!" -Max Goof
    March 14, 2013 Vancouver, BC

GingaDaiuchuu is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigddan11 View Post
    PREVIEWSworld is pretty much always right, they just list everything a day later for some reason. Adjust the dates back a day and you'll have FUNimation's preliminary October slate, or at least part of it. US anime companies pretty much never announce their release slate for any given month on their own; a retailer does it for them via pre-ordering availability. AAA Anime has already seconded this information, but you can only be 100% sure of the information for all the releases from a given company in a given month once Right Stuf makes the pre-orders available. This is pretty late for FUNimation, so they should be up soon. There's always a chance for delays, but for all intents right now, this is how you determine correct release dates.
    Avatar: Tomoya Okazaki from Clannad/Clannad After Story (courtesy of Jun Kuga/Fudce from The Fandom Post)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast