toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    wjbraden is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Does Cartoon Network still have the rights to IGPX?

Like This Thread!
    Shouldn't they because it was a co-production like Big O II, so I don't see why they wouldn't.

And if they still have the rights, do you think it may show up on Toonami sometime in the future?

BrianLeague is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Apparently, the rights got passed back to Bandai, so no, Cartoon Network doesn't have the rights to this series anymore and it won't show up on Toonami. I think Cartoon Network gave up the rights to it because it didn't sell well.
    Help Sym-Bionic Titan Get Another Season!
    Find us on: Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - deviantART

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I should have figured so. Otherwise it probably would have aired in reruns on as by now ala Big O II.

I curious though if Cartoon Network or AS still has any other anime/action programs in its backlog that haven't aired in years.

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's what Adult Swim has rights to:

Bleach (and two Bleach movies, Memories of Nobody and DiamondDust Rebellion . . . it is not confirmed whether they have the 3rd movie, Fade to Black)
    Fullmetal Alchemist (presumably)
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (just renewed)
    Durarara!! (looks like they have the rights for another year, it's just off the air)
    FLCL
    Big O Season 2
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (both seasons)
    Cowboy Bebop
    Deadman Wonderland
    Casshern Sins

They recently lost the rights to Kekkaishi.

That's all they have. As you can see even with the new shows their backlog is kinda exhausted at this point, and even if they still have the rights to the original Fullmetal Alchemist, they're not going to run it as long as they're continuing to run Brotherhood.

They may have another show waiting in the wings to begin airing when Deadman finishes its premiere run but there's nothing confirming they do or don't. Same with the possibility they may have a Toonami or Adult Swim classic waiting to make a return. There's a possibility, but zero confirmation or evidence.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Here's what Adult Swim has rights to:

Bleach (and two Bleach movies, Memories of Nobody and DiamondDust Rebellion . . . it is not confirmed whether they have the 3rd movie, Fade to Black)
    Fullmetal Alchemist (presumably)
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (just renewed)
    Durarara!! (looks like they have the rights for another year, it's just off the air)
    FLCL
    Big O Season 2
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (both seasons)
    Cowboy Bebop
    Deadman Wonderland
    Casshern Sins

They recently lost the rights to Kekkaishi.

That's all they have. As you can see even with the new shows their backlog is kinda exhausted at this point, and even if they still have the rights to the original Fullmetal Alchemist, they're not going to run it as long as they're continuing to run Brotherhood.

They may have another show waiting in the wings to begin airing when Deadman finishes its premiere run but there's nothing confirming they do or don't. Same with the possibility they may have a Toonami or Adult Swim classic waiting to make a return. There's a possibility, but zero confirmation or evidence.
    Don't they still have InuYasha? And I think they might have dropped Fullmetal Alchemist... They haven't aired that show in a while. As for Durarara!!, could it be possible that they only have online streaming rights left? I don't get why they would pull the show during its second run when it only had about 5 episodes left, and it could have easily aired where Ghost in the Shell is.

Watch full episodes of SBT here for free! (You don't need to sign into Adult Swim Gold!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I already knew about all of those shows you listed macattack, I'm just wondering if they have anything that they've just been sitting on for forever. They brought Voltron back in 06-07, after being kept on the shelf since moltar Toonami.

Maybe we could consult Jason DeMarco to see if he knows anything.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjbraden View Post
    I already knew about all of those shows you listed macattack, I'm just wondering if they have anything that they've just been sitting on for forever. They brought Voltron back in 06-07, after being kept on the shelf since moltar Toonami.

Maybe we could consult Jason DeMarco to see if he knows anything.
    Any shows Adult Swims owns are listed over at http://www.adultswim.com/shows/index.html in the dropdowns. Not there? They don't own it. Nice and easy!
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda
    Any shows Adult Swims owns are listed over at http://www.adultswim.com/shows/index.html in the dropdowns. Not there? They don't own it. Nice and easy!
    It doesn't include Bleach though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes

It doesn't include Bleach though.
    Yes it does. It doesn't include FLCL and InuYasha though...

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianLeague View Post
    Yes it does. It doesn't include FLCL and InuYasha though...
    Oh, yeah I see Bleach there now as well. For some reason it didn't shot it before. Would this mean they no longer have the rights to FLCL and Inuyasha?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast