toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Adult Swim doing a Team Fortress 2-related project with Valve

Like This Thread!

http://www.adultswim.com/promos/valve/

No idea what's going on, but TF2 is somehow going to be involved in an on-air something or other it looks like.

Valve has put together a number of their own productions based on the game which are viewable over at http://www.teamfortress.com/movies.php (watch the Meet the... series. It's awesome), so it's not unprecedented for them to dip into comedy-land by any means.

The long-fabled Meet the Pyro is also rumored to be released soon, so this may have something to do with that. It's the final character profile in the series, so maybe they want it to be a big event when they reveal him/her?
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

NovelleX is offline "Something did die. Gumball."
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hazuda View Post
    http://www.adultswim.com/promos/valve/

No idea what's going on, but TF2 is somehow going to be involved in an on-air something or other it looks like.

Valve has put together a number of their own productions based on the game which are viewable over at http://www.teamfortress.com/movies.php (watch the Meet the... series. It's awesome), so it's not unprecedented for them to dip into comedy-land by any means.

Just been confirmed. Whatever this project is, it is not a new show based on any Valve properties. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for something that big.

I'm placing my guesses on a bunch of promos featuring TF2 characters at the very least.
    That one show about that one cat that did that one thing that involved doing some things that he wouldn't normally do or should be doing but he did it anyway for laughs?

You know what that thing did? It spawned a lot of naughty internet things.

ChibiGoku is offline Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX View Post

Just been confirmed. Whatever this project is, it is not a new show based on any Valve properties. So I wouldn't get my hopes up for something that big.

I'm placing my guesses on a bunch of promos featuring TF2 characters at the very least.
    Actually, I think he was referring to people thinking he meant a new anime show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
    Actually, I think he was referring to people thinking he meant a new anime show.
    That is because some people assumed that this TF2 show was going to be on Toonami. Therefore, they thought it was going to take Deadman Wonderland's slot when it finished.

I don't see how that makes any sense though. Considering that TF2 isn't really anime-material.

Besides, that tweet came out today, and the Valve-page is recent too. I have no doubt that they are related to each other.
    That one show about that one cat that did that one thing that involved doing some things that he wouldn't normally do or should be doing but he did it anyway for laughs?

Beefy is offline Get to work Toei!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope it's something like this:

ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What if this turns out to be a bunch of Early Cuyler hats for TF2?
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

OnePark is offline גורל
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone00
    What if this turns out to be a bunch of Early Cuyler hats for TF2?
    That would be nothing short of awesome.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn - Complicated name, I know but that means there's some good stuff, right?

PunkPhantom is offline Addicted to Toons & Tunes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, well if there is still a chance it could be a tv series, I think that would be awesome! As long as [adult swim] doesn't ruin it with bad flash or stupid humor.
    "Pencil... Paper... Combine" -JG Quintel
    "Though he acts intoxicated, he's just highly animated!" -Max Goof
    March 14, 2013 Vancouver, BC

Daxdiv is offline Hex Girl Yo! Space Invaders Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope this means we get Meet the Pyro soon. I mean there was a blog post on the TF2 webpage recently that was in Mmmphs, and there might be a new ARG in TF2 right now with certain items right now. If we do get a TF2 series, I welcome it with open arms.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Actually, now that I think about it. Adult Swim-themed hats and/or other [as]-themed in-game items sound pretty plausible, considering that that is what the game is notorious for.

Still doubting a series possibility, especially since it was shot down on Twitter itself. Granted, he could be just pulling our chains to get us to lower our guards. I mean, I do recall him saying that Toonami wasn't going to come back. Wouldn't be the first time he's pulled a trick like that.

That aside, I'll be genuinely surprised if it's a new show. If it is, what day and slot do you guys think it'll occupy? As I said earlier, some speculate it will take Deadman Wonderland's slot when it ends. Though I'll reiterate, I really don't see TF2's relation to anime.

In other news:
    https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/statu...45342259556352

I wonder if that's in any relation to this Valve project. I mean, they did imply on the [as]-Valve page that they were going to announce it via promo. That's just common sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NovelleX View Post
    That aside, I'll be genuinely surprised if it's a new show. If it is, what day and slot do you guys think it'll occupy? As I said earlier, some speculate it will take Deadman Wonderland's slot when it ends. Though I'll reiterate, I really don't see TF2's relation to anime.
    Why do people keep saying this? It doesn't have to be anime to be on Toonami, it just has to be an action cartoon, which I'm sure it would be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkPhantom View Post
    Why do people keep saying this? It doesn't have to be anime to be on Toonami, it just has to be an action cartoon, which I'm sure it would be.
    I suppose you're right. I overlooked Justice League, Reboot, and etc. Mistake on my part.

Looks like the promo was for Deadman and not the Valve project. I guess we'll all find out what it is tomorrow then.

My main guess is still [as] show-themed hats. Imagine a Squidbillies one...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well it appears an event centered around 'Meet the Pyro''s release is happening in a couple of days: it may or may not have something to do with the [as] cross-promotion.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Pyromania has begun and it'll be a three-day event, leading up to Meet the Pyro's premiere this Wednesday (no word on where that will be airing yet).

In the meantime, you can play the new map that's been released to celebrate one of the most-tragic events ever mean the heroic monkeynaut, Poopy Joe, meet his doom.

More new stuff is on the way for the week, probably even the Adult Swim project's info, so you can find out more by checking the official game blog.

Also, if you haven't checked out the game yet, now is a great time! As always, it is free to play and available on both PC and Mac. It still gets rather-frequent updates and has a booming community ready and willing to kill you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OK well they just released Meet the Pyro on YouTube 20 minutes ago and it didn't say anything about [adult swim]. So will the [adult swim] thing be an extended version of Meet The Pyro, or what?

And I may just be optimistic here but I really feel like they may be testing the waters for a TF2 tv series with whatever [as] is doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Meet the Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by PunkPhantom View Post
    And I may just be optimistic here but I really feel like they may be testing the waters for a TF2 tv series with whatever [as] is doing.
    I don't think it'll be a TF2-related show, but I think the AS project will have to do with the site they launched at the end of the video. Source Filmmaker will allow you to create movies using the Source engine (and it was used to make Meet the Pyro, so it seems like some sort of animation contest will probably be in the cards. We'll have to wait for the email to find out though it seems. The Pyromania Day Three post hasn't gone up yet though, so it may be there.

Edit: Turns out the Valve/AS deal is only for a free hat in TF2 (for now).

http://www.adultswim.com/promos/valve/index.html

You like Adult Swim. You like Team Fortress. Here's an easy way to rep for both: Now you can play Team Fortress with this FREE limited-edition Robot Chicken hat, available ONLY to Adult Swim fans. You can rock it no matter what your class, you lucky so-and-so. Sign up for the newsletter below to receive your Steam promo code. Then you'll be the first to know when we have MORE new stuff coming down the ol' Steam pipe-hole... Because this ain't the last you'll hear from Adult Swim and Valve. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Matt Hazuda; 06-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't figure out how to get that code using my AS.com account that already exists. And when I tried just registering differently it told me to log in if i already had an account, then redirected me back to the AS home page so I clicked on the offer again and it's still trying to get me to sign up.....what gives?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    I can't figure out how to get that code using my AS.com account that already exists. And when I tried just registering differently it told me to log in if i already had an account, then redirected me back to the AS home page so I clicked on the offer again and it's still trying to get me to sign up.....what gives?
    Just log in with your account using the option at the top of the screen. Click My Account once logged in and you'll have the option to register for the emails from there.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yup, a hat.

Well the Source Filmmaker has been out and being used in an... "unofficial" capacity so it's nice to see a wider official release; I wonder if it will overtake Gary's Mod as the go-to for Source Engine fan film. The Source Filmmaker film maker has the advantage of not having to rely on a mixture of crude digital marionette manipulation, chuck'o'mation, invisible contraptions, muliplayer actors, and stop motion like Gary's Mod does(but all those things have their charm).

I was hoping for a Valve/[AS] putting on a competition of Source Filmmaker made fan-films:
    Now if the Toonami portion of [AS] could cooperate with Nico Nico Douga to put on a Miku Miku Dance fan-film competition so we could have a Gary's Mod/Source Filmmaker vs. MMD event

"That would be the greatest thing ever."

What?

Beefy is offline Get to work Toei!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my code today.
    Too bad I don't use the Steam Store or have a Steam account.
    ASF: You will download Adult Swim promos and intros because we told you to.
    [bump worthy]: You will download Adult Swim bumps because ASF doesn't have them.
    ---------------------
    Welcome back Toonami. I hope Adult Swim treats you better than Cartoon Network did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast