toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SRB2Unleashed is offline Dragon Ball obsessed
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Truth about TOM 4

Like This Thread!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJd9bKPlTlU

I guess what other people said the reason for his design was is bullcrunky.
    Follow me on Twitter: @AwestruckVox

I'm gonna work at Adult Swim one day

Daikun is online now Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They didn't have the technology to make faces?

Then how do they explain Miguzi, which premiered 3 years earlier?

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's a good point but maybe they were thinking it was too soon to revamp TOM with the move to Saturday night so they revamped Sara and the scenery instead and saved the revamp of TOM for the 10th anniversary which by then they probably fully expected to get to.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Toon Master is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't get why people still need to bring TOM 4 up over and over again. Maybe you liked this design or maybe you didn't, but that really doesn't matter anymore because he's gone and we are never going to see him back ever again. People keep trying to act like TOM 4 was the biggest mistake the world has ever seen and he really wasn't. Forget about him and call it a day.

I'm not saying it was a mistake to post this. I'm just saying that I think people need to get over TOM 4 and that everybody has needed to get over him since 2007.

I just don't understand why there was a need to find out who created the idea for TOM 4. Do some people really care this much about something everyone seemed to hate?
    Hahahahahahaha, wahohohohohohohohohohohoho....hahahahaha..ha........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2Unleashed View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJd9bKPlTlU

I guess what other people said the reason for his design was is bullcrunky.

Wasn't this always the case? They said so in an past interview. From what I remember, Sean always wanted Tom to have a fully animated face but they couldn't due to lack of technology in the beginning. Once they had the technology, they changed his design. Of course, fan reaction was negative. I find visors to be cool piece of character design imo. When they took that featureaway from TOM, he looked really lame as a result.

SRB2Unleashed is offline Dragon Ball obsessed
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c@rt00nguy26 View Post
    Wasn't this always the case? They said so in an past interview. From what I remember, Sean always wanted Tom to have a fully animated face but they couldn't due to lack of technology in the beginning. Once they had the technology, they changed his design. Of course, fan reaction was negative. I find visors to be cool piece of character design imo. When they took that featureaway from TOM, he looked really lame as a result.

People were saying for years that Snyder wanted a kid-friendly version of TOM. I was curious and asked DeMarco about it. I remember that interview, it aired on TV correct? If not I watched it online (that was the video that led me to search for a HQ rip of TOM 3 with the red guitar and I STILL can't find it) and I remember Sean saying he always wanted TOM to have a face, but honestly, they could've just had TOM 3 occasionally take his 'helmet' off.
    Follow me on Twitter: @AwestruckVox

I'm gonna work at Adult Swim one day

Soul is offline Mainly Lurking Now...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's that video of Sean talking about the 07 redesign.
    The saddest part is, that yeah...they took away any real "cool" factor TOM had, period.
    Some of those pre-production designs looked pretty neat though, ala the TOM with a slimmer build than TOM 3 but still had the face.

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SRB2Unleashed View Post
    I remember that interview, it aired on TV correct? If not I watched it online
    It was on Jetstream.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 10/13 - Space Dandy Season 2 Review)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

El-Hazard is offline I like birds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From the sound of it, a lot of genuinely honest hard work went into making this version of Toonami. I'm honestly a little bummed out for them that it didn't reach the level of fan appreciation that they wanted it to.

Toon Master is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Hazard View Post
    From the sound of it, a lot of genuinely honest hard work went into making this version of Toonami. I'm honestly a little bummed out for them that it didn't reach the level of fan appreciation that they wanted it to.

It sure does seem that way, but I don't think anybody wanted the old Tom to go so people put up a fuss about Tom 4. I honestly never thought Tom 4 was as bad as people said he was besides the fact that he looked like a kids toy, but we don't have to worry anymore because Tom looks as good as ever nowadays.
    Hahahahahahaha, wahohohohohohohohohohohoho....hahahahaha..ha........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast