Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

GrantM is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are Adult Swim shows on DVD still censored?

Like This Thread!
    One thing that keeps me from buying Adult Swim shows on DVD is that they don't remove the censor bleeps (like with Family Guy) from the DVD versions of shows that air on Adult Swim and to me that's just being wussy (it's DVD for crying out loud, surely there's no need for censorship standards, then again I could say the same about the likes of MTV and WWE DVDs).

To put it simply what Adult Swim shows on DVD don't feature censorship or are uncensored to begin with

Paradox295 is offline Chicks dig it, dude!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantM View Post
    One thing that keeps me from buying Adult Swim shows on DVD is that they don't remove the censor bleeps (like with Family Guy) from the DVD versions of shows that air on Adult Swim and to me that's just being wussy (it's DVD for crying out loud, surely there's no need for censorship standards, then again I could say the same about the likes of MTV and WWE DVDs).

To put it simply what Adult Swim shows on DVD don't feature censorship or are uncensored to begin with
    It depends on the show. If the beeps were left in, it was probably the creator's intention.

Also, the later Family Guy DVDs are uncensored

Outside the US? Subscribe to these International News Threads!
    Cartoon Network - Adult Swim

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Metalcolypse Season 3, The Venture Bros. Season 3, The Venture Bros. Season 4: Volume 1, and The Venture Bros. Season 4: Volume 2 are all uncensored. The only other [as] DVD's I have are the prior ones in those two series.
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

SpaceCowboy is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Boondocks DVDs are uncensored.