toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 170 of 172 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 3426
    Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedChild View Post
    Is it really so popular that it justifies putting it at front and moving everything down, while all the other news shows get stuck at the end of the premieres' block?
    Not to sound rude or condescending, honestly, but honest question: were you living under a rock?

AoT is HUGE, some are saying the biggest anime/manga in NA since freaking DBZ!!!

The manga has been on the top ten best selling list for OVER a year, and all the spin-offs make it too. In fact, AOT is one of the few series where EVERY SINGLE prequel, parody, and even novels have been licensed!

It was also apparently one of the most tweeted anime last year.

Dude, AOT is the new big thing.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

TheCtes is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About the Dandy reruns. Again, I think it makes sense that they're keeping it on top so people don't forget about Dandy. When Bleach was in reruns for 8 weeks a year ago they also kept in first. This is five more weeks but it's not that weird really. And they likely also want to move everything around as little as possible.

WickedChild is online now Kissing the shadows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Guy View Post
    Not to sound rude or condescending, honestly, but honest question: were you living under a rock?

AoT is HUGE, some are saying the biggest anime/manga in NA since freaking DBZ!!!

The manga has been on the top ten best selling list for OVER a year, and all the spin-offs make it too. In fact, AOT is one of the few series where EVERY SINGLE prequel, parody, and even novels have been licensed!

It was also apparently one of the most tweeted anime last year.

Dude, AOT is the new big thing.
    I don't follow anime news that closely, but I think that's also the point. The only thing I know about this is hype from other anime fans. I think it's pretty clear that it's the most popular new ANIME out there, but does that mean that it's capable of attracting the necessary casual support to justify a top-of-the-order spot? When you say "best selling list", which list exactly is that? Best selling manga, or best selling overall? Or some other subset? And I'm assuming you mean in the US? What you should be noting is whether or not its sales are so much higher than any other MANGA as to suggest that it could transcend the boundaries of anime/manga fandom.

I'm not disagreeing, just playing devil's advocate. Anime fans tend to have a pretty insulated world view. I've seen more than a few things come and go that were supposed to be "the new big thing".

Nobodyman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedChild View Post
    When you say "best selling list", which list exactly is that? Best selling manga, or best selling overall? Or some other subset? And I'm assuming you mean in the US?
    To give you an idea of how successful it is, Volume 1 of the AoT manga has been on the NY Times Top 10 best-selling manga list for 43 weeks now, which is....insane.

Best Sellers - The New York Times

ChibiGoku is offline Something Not Quite Right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So..

Beware the Batman is heading to Toonami, May 10th. It's replacing Ghost in the Shell and will air at 3AM, pushing Naruto up. Here's the line up, since their layout isn't showing it properly:

Full Line up below -
    11:30 – Attack on Titan
    12:00 – Bleach
    12:30 – Space Dandy
    1:00 – Naruto: Shippuden
    1:30 – One Piece
    2:00 – Blue Exorcist
    2:30 – Black Lagoon
    3:00 – Beware the Batman
    3:30 – Naruto
    4:00 – FMAB
    4:30 – Samurai Jack
    5:00 – SWCW
    5:30 - Sym–bionic Titan

Looney Tunes Fan is online now Classic Cartoon Fan!!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
    So..

Beware the Batman is heading to Toonami, May 10th. It's replacing Ghost in the Shell and will air at 3AM, pushing Naruto up. Here's the line up, since their layout isn't showing it properly:
    I can't even get the schedule to work on that post, although this is quite the interesting news.
    I love classic cartoons!!
    If you're a fan of classic cartoons, please visit The IAD Forums! It's the place to talk and chat about your favorite cartoons! Run by eutychus, this site has brought back a bunch of GAC members, and some toonzone members are over there too! Check it out today!: http://www.intanibase.com/forum/index.php

Gorbash is offline Munchings & Crunchings
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Beware the Batman before Young Justice? I swear; I can't read these guys at times.
    Who needs a signature when you have a floating head? I do!

There's a presentation about being stupid down by the way, you should check it out if you know what you're doing.

ShamarDJ is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It feels good to have a "Batman" show on toonami again!

The Dark Knight is back where he belongs!

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash View Post
    Beware the Batman before Young Justice? I swear; I can't read these guys at times.
    Beware the Batman likely gets priority because 15 episodes (out of 26) remain unaired in the US. The important thing to note, however, is that this does open the door for shows such as Young Justice and Green Lantern to make it to Toonami.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it? You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure. (Updates Bi-Weekly! Newest: 4/11 - Megazone 23 Part 3/Final)

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you're looking for more Beware The Batman discussion, check out the Beware the Batman News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers). The World's Finest also has a small subsite dedicated to it.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So..

I honestly did not see that coming at all. I could see why it would air before shows like Young Justice and Green Lantern due to how about half of the season hasn't been aired in the U.S. yet, but I'm still pretty shocked that they were able to get it. That could make it possible to get other DC shows on the lineup at some point. That's pretty awesome and I'm really glad that Beware the Batman will be able to air the rest of its episodes eventually. I may stay up that late to watch it, or at least when they get to the episodes that haven't aired yet, but if they'll be able to upload it On Demand, then I'll probably watch it through that instead. Still, that's really awesome news.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guess this means CN has officially given up on DC action cartoons. Not that it's surprising, given the ratings, but I still think it's their fault for not promoting them at all.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: This week Winnie and Gene crash Hollywood in Part 1 of a brand-new Free Spirit!

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is amazing. For a year, I've been saying that Toonami should air the DC shows. Looks like I get my wish! I can't wait!
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

vegeta95748 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So..

Yeah, I'll admit that I'm not too happy with this. I guess GITS gets the shaft again. The fact that Beware the Batman doesn't have the Joker in it is a major turn off, and the fact that its CGI is an even bigger turnoff. BUT, it is kinda cool that Toonami is able to finish off the unaired episodes of the show, and airing this may open the door to other DC shows, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
    THE NARUTO EPISODE TRACKER

Total Episodes To Watch: 99 Canon, 172 Total

Episodes So Far: 69

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does this mean CN's no longer interested in DC stuff outside of TTG? Sad.

Though I will be happy if this leads to WBA strengthening a relationship with Toonami and perhaps making some Vertigo series for the block.

Also, this means come July Toonami will have four straight hours of premieres. That's crazy!
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

HUBTigers87 is online now Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have mixed feelings on this. While for one, I like that another western show is going to air, and that it involves Batman. On the other hand, regardless how long GITS has played, I started watching from the first episode and not looked back after having given it a rest for a long time and was enjoying it again, now, it leaves. (I'm not one for searching DVDs, it's lately a rarity for me, and also not one for watching stuff online, so, wouldn't watch again until it returns. Ah well. This is likely a better scenario for Toonami anyway given it's fresh-to-[as] Toonami content.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

macattack is online now I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If this leads to bigger and greater things involving DC and Toonami I'm all for this show airing. It's been treated so terribly, and it still kind of sucks that the best Toonami can give the show is 3 AM. Really, this would've been a good time to take 11 AM.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

Lord Dalek is online now Uncreative Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was never a fan of Beware the Breadroll but its on at an hour that I won't watch anyway so it matters not.

TheCtes is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's cool that they get a Batman show I guess, but I hate seeing Ghost in the Shell go. At least it got to air its first season but the second season still has half its episodes unaired on Toonami. Couldn't they remove Symbionic Titan instead. I hope that 2nd GiG returns soon so the Toonami run can finally be completed.

DonkeyKongSong is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    What I'm hoping is that we'll get those DTV DC movies. GL and YJ are a possibility too, but after what happened with ThunderCats I wouldn't expect them to stay too long in the event they do get them.