toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 164 of 172 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3429
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Christ. Hasn't Inuyasha been in the graveyard slot, like, forever? I mean, its run ended seven years ago. Do that many people really care?
    Seeing as how the ratings it was getting in that slot were great for a show at 5 am, the answer is yes.

Zipp_Rezzeppa is offline No dice, Cowboy!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I haven't been to the Adult Swim forums for some time (I don't really like the layout) but I seem to remember the Inuyasha board was always lively, even in times when the show was off the block. After umpteen rounds of airing it still seems to be pretty popular. Which is a reason I've always been surprised that a deal couldn't be worked out with Viz to get the Final Act.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Word is getting around that on radio director Watanabe affirmed that there will be another Space Dandy season, backing up the belief in the 26 episode run that the Toonami tumblr had briefly claimed in October. There will be a wait for that, Space Dandy is going on break in Japan and being replaced by a different anime in its time slot. Whether its return is scheduled for the summer or fall remains to be seen (the TV cut of the Broken Blade mecha anime OVA is apparently planned for 12 episodes, which makes sense for a somewhat modified take on a six-episode, fifty-minute thing).
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any news on what the schedule is going to be tonight with Daylight Savings Time taking effect?
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Cartoon X is offline Lum the Forever
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 3am hour will not air, so no GITS:SAC or FMAB tonight. Everything else will remain as normal.
    Aspiring Animator. A Toonami Faithful since January 2005, and proud fan of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo since October 2005. Wig Out. Stay Gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, I haven't really kept up with Toonami since it re-launched but it seems like it has a fantastic crop of shows on it's schedule now. I watched the first few months worth of Toonami and then my job kind of got in the way and started scheduling me on Sunday's so I have been turning in early, but man o' man do I miss it! My taste for long running anime has kind of soured and I'm more into the 12-26 episode format now, but I'd gladly tune into Toonami and watch some Shippuden, Bleach, and classic Naruto, I'm glad to see that anime of all kinds has finally found a home.

So, how are the ratings as of late? Have they switched up the bumps and the TOM content much since the beginning?
    Twitter - @Bslythegamerguy
    Blog - http://BslyDarkSky.blogspot.com UPDATE - 3/17/14 a NES review of RYGAR.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, the bumps have since changed! We got Tom 5 (an upgrade from Tom 3.5), Sara returned, and we've recently got the Clydes back. Toonami recently announce the #intruder2, a sequel to the intruder event that killed Tom 1, and gave us Tom 2. So we'll be seeing ANOTHER new set of bumps once the "Intruder 2" hits the air.

The Man in Black is offline I have 5 of broats
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's high conjecture that #Intruder2 will switch us to TOM6 or something

HUBTigers87 is online now Michyl
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    That and/or a new Sara
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | MLB Spring Training

Survivors. | 1000th post: 3/13/14 @ 1:16am

JShaggy is offline Happy People ClickPLAY! Rainbow Champion BioGems Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Black View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HUBTigers87 View Post
    That and/or a new Sara
    Hope that doesn't mean Steve Blum is retiring from the role of TOM soon.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I doubt that he's going to retire anytime soon. From what I've heard, he enjoyed voicing TOM back in the day and was happy to do it again. Plus, it would be too weird hearing someone else voice TOM at this point. It's more likely that it will lead to a new design for TOM or Sara.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @Light Lucario Yeah that's more along the lines of what I was thinking. The current Toonami crew seem to be doing fine as is, so #Intruder2 just seems like a "special event" they're doing for the viewers and fans.

MadMan400096 is offline Social Outcast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guess what other Aniplex anime's getting a sequel?

I wonder if Toonami would consider airing it, since the original Durarara aired on [as] right before Toonami kicked off.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    Guess what other Aniplex anime's getting a sequel?

I wonder if Toonami would consider airing it, since the original Durarara aired on [as] right before Toonami kicked off.
    That would be pretty cool. I remember enjoying Durarara for the most part, so seeing the sequel series on Toonami would be nice.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Durarara sequel gets dubbed, I wonder how many of the original cast they can get back, first of all was it a Bandai licensed? I don't remember, you have to deal with that mess. Second of all, some of the actors have moved on from anime to western animation.

As far as other ideas for Toonami, I know it is a long way from getting dubbed, but what about Nisekoi? Or is the lack of action make it not fit for Toonami.

JShaggy is offline Happy People ClickPLAY! Rainbow Champion BioGems Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    If Durarara sequel gets dubbed, I wonder how many of the original cast they can get back, first of all was it a Bandai licensed? I don't remember, you have to deal with that mess. Second of all, some of the actors have moved on from anime to western animation.
    Aniplex of America licensed the original DRRR!! series, and will likely have the license to the sequel by default. I don't think it'll be too hard to bring back most of the voice actors who worked on the first series (unless they have since retired) since it was handled by Bang Zoom! in California. But even so, they can always find suitable replacements if needed.

MadMan400096 is offline Social Outcast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As far as other ideas for Toonami, I know it is a long way from getting dubbed, but what about Nisekoi? Or is the lack of action make it not fit for Toonami.
    Well, Kari Wahlgren should be a breeze to get. I know for a fact that Bang Zoom! called her in to play Saber in Fate/Zero despite her already having a heavy amount of western roles by that point, so keeping Celty's voice wouldn't be unexpected. No idea on the others, though.

As for Nisekoi, I'm not following it, but from what I can tell, it's a definite no. It looks more like a harem than anything else, and it'd probably just bomb considering people already hated Tenchi Muyo! GXP.

Now before people start asking for any and all Shonen Jump anime adaptations, listen: Just because an anime was adapted from a Shonen Jump manga doesn't mean they're safe bets for mainstream audiences in the US. I've heard that To Love-Ru is fairly popular in Japan, but over here, it's ignored to the point where Sentai Filmworks won't even give it a dub despite other titles getting dubbed after a few years of being sub only (Special A and Maria Holic being examples off of the top of my head). I'm not saying there's no chance, I'm just keeping a clear head.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan400096 View Post
    As for Nisekoi, I'm not following it, but from what I can tell, it's a definite no. It looks more like a harem than anything else, and it'd probably just bomb considering people already hated Tenchi Muyo! GXP.
    Yeah well I wish it would like Rosario + Vampire morph into an action series. It has prodental to be a action series, you have gangstars, use them. The main character looks like he could be a capable fighter, and the bodyguard character, she can defentely kick butt against bad guys.

macattack is offline I see you!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah well I wish it would like Rosario + Vampire morph into an action series. It has prodental to be a action series, you have gangstars, use them. The main character looks like he could be a capable fighter, and the bodyguard character, she can defentely kick butt against bad guys.
    Nisekoi's best off the way it is. Shonen Jump does not need yet another battle manga when they're struggling to make the non-One Piece/Naruto ones work as it is.
    There's a million ways to hush my voice
    And a million ways to kill my thoughts
    Maybe I'm all that you fear
    I'm a stargazer
    My eyes see differently - Blood Stain Child; "Stargazer"

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post

Nisekoi's best off the way it is. Shonen Jump does not need yet another battle manga when they're struggling to make the non-One Piece/Naruto ones work as it is.
    Agreed. It has no action and would not fit Toonami at all. GXP at least had something.