toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Lanmanna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    It's pretty awesome to see the Jump Big Three back-to-back on Toonami. It's been a long time coming.
    I wouldn't consider Bleach part of the big three, but I digress...

Can't wait for One Piece!

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bleach was in the big 3 for a time.

For US anime fans it still is.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

HUBTigers87 is online now Sign Holder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No argument here at #207. I have yet to watch from when it was left off in 08 to where they'll begin at. I can easily have all those done in time. (except 205 and 206 aren't available to me, and I'm not one for subscriptions)

Going to be a fun first 2 hours alone for Toonami. Looking forward to it!
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | GO WINNING TEAM!

Let the bag out of the cat.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 207? Time to play catch up online...
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

firecrouch is offline A Pimp of Science!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll jusst say for now that if they want to make this move work they have to really make all of the dub prior to season 4 available on Hulu and FUNimation.com and ONePIeceOfficial.com for free right now. Give adult swim digital rights to those first three seasons while they're at it. Because not all the dub episodes are viewable at the moment. And of course they have to reallly work on their marketing to get those new fans to watch on those venues.

TheCtes is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    I'll jusst say for now that if they want to make this move work they have to really make all of the dub prior to season 4 available on Hulu and FUNimation.com and ONePIeceOfficial.com for free right now. Give adult swim digital rights to those first three seasons while they're at it. Because not all the dub episodes are viewable at the moment. And of course they have to reallly work on their marketing to get those new fans to watch on those venues.
    They are free on those sites.

firecrouch is offline A Pimp of Science!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCtes View Post
    They are free on those sites.
    But you can't get all 206 episodes on those sites right now. They're constantly taken on and off.

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    But you can't get all 206 episodes on those sites right now. They're constantly taken on and off.
    I know FUNI changes which dub episodes are up at any given time but I'm pretty sure the subbed eps are all up there.
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, after dozens of people telling the Toonami guys on Tumblr that "Hey, TV schedules are listing Thundercats as skipping the first two episodes", and the Toonami guys blowing everyone off like "DON'T TRUST TV SCHEDULES, WE'RE NOT SKIPPING ANYTHING!"...

They skipped the first two episodes anyways. It's the Bebop fiasco all over again.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 6/30 - Anime of Yesteryear Goes to Japan!)

Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

vegeta95748 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    So, after dozens of people telling the Toonami guys on Tumblr that "Hey, TV schedules are listing Thundercats as skipping the first two episodes", and the Toonami guys blowing everyone off like "DON'T TRUST TV SCHEDULES, WE'RE NOT SKIPPING ANYTHING!"...

They skipped the first two episodes anyways. It's the Bebop fiasco all over again.
    Yeah, i don't know why they would skip the first two episodes, considering they were two of the best. The only reason I can think of that they would skip them is maybe because they wanted to get straight into the show itself, and not have the first two episodes of characterization and plot get in the way. But even that doesn't make sense, since the first two episodes still had a lot of good action.

Hell, I'm going in circles. That's all I got on it.